PDA

View Full Version : Thi Thi Subs in McKenzie Towne?

sputnik
12-19-2006, 03:44 PM
What happened? I was by the new south location recently and it look like it has been ready to go for a while now but it still hasnt opened. Even the downtown one was closed at the beginning of Dec since they were opening the new one.

Weird.

B17a
12-19-2006, 04:10 PM
I was at the 8th ave one the other day and they are open. They had a sign in there saying they are opening that McKEnzie town one in January I believe. Anotehr franchise location.

sputnik
12-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I guess the grand opening was delayed for some reason.

Just wondering what happened.

SikAssR1
12-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by B17a
I was at the 8th ave one the other day and they are open. They had a sign in there saying they are opening that McKEnzie town one in January I believe. Anotehr franchise location.

nothing beats the original location, 8th is alright, but rather go to chinatown, too bad they are closed for a month.

B17a
12-19-2006, 04:44 PM
8th is a 5 min walk for me. The original location is great but I prefer the convinience. Plus I don't have to wait for half an hour in line since they're a bit bigger.

That.Guy.S30
12-19-2006, 06:09 PM
hey guys. sorry for the lack on info update. ive been quite bsuy lately.

the mckenzie towne location will be open on january the 6th 2007. that is a saturday. either my father or I will be down at that location as well.

construction has pushed us back more than 3 months. it was delay after delay.

as for what store is open..
chinatown location will be closed till the jan 6th.. (sorry guys)
6st and 8th will be open till dec 23rd.

thank you for your patience and hopefully i will meet some of you guys on jan 6th if im there.

merry christmas!

FiveFreshFish
12-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
chinatown location will be closed till the jan 6th.. (sorry guys)

So is your competition around the corner inside the mall. Have a good holiday.

CRXguy
12-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Sweet deal, B!!

Where in McKenzie Towne? Now I can cure my cravings, and not have to drive 40mins to downtown.

See ya around. :thumbsup:

That.Guy.S30
12-19-2006, 08:32 PM
^ im not familair with the exact address lol.
but its right beside marble slab (ice cream shop) and we are facing the keg.

u moved down there? haha at least i can sleep, no noisy rex's waking me up

Ben
12-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Well this is probably the most substantial Sandwich news I've learned all year! Now I can cure my Thi Thi Cravings without the absurd lame ass lines as the downtown and it's just accross Deerfoot! w00t!

Let me guess, the price of them is 50-100% more tho correct? Kinda like all the Pho joints that popped up in the south burbs and charge 9 bucks a bowl and 2 bucks for jasmine tea. :rolleyes:

theken
12-19-2006, 08:40 PM
0rly? ben, we both know the south sucks for food

That.Guy.S30
12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Well this is probably the most substantial Sandwich news I've learned all year! Now I can cure my Thi Thi Cravings without the absurd lame ass lines as the downtown and it's just accross Deerfoot! w00t!

Let me guess, the price of them is 50-100% more tho correct? Kinda like all the Pho joints that popped up in the south burbs and charge 9 bucks a bowl and 2 bucks for jasmine tea. :rolleyes:

no ben, the price will be the same as our other stores. no mark up.

CRXguy
12-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Ben

cuz they know how white folks are easy money. :devil:

CRXguy
12-19-2006, 11:37 PM
^ im not familair with the exact address lol.
but its right beside marble slab (ice cream shop) and we are facing the keg.

u moved down there? haha at least i can sleep, no noisy rex's waking me up

yeah, i've been living down here since october. i still drop by the 'hood every week. :burnout:

i know the location you're talking about. good place to have it. it's really busy. congrats!! :thumbsup:

max_boost
12-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Let me guess, the price of them is 50-100% more tho correct? Kinda like all the Pho joints that popped up in the south burbs and charge 9 bucks a bowl and 2 bucks for jasmine tea. :rolleyes: haha well as long as the folks are willing to pay it, it's all good :D Plus rent is a lot more cheaper in the hood anyway, have to charge more in the burbs :devil:

You know business is good when you can take 1 month off. Bring me a sub next time thi_thi and I'll hook you up with some ginger beef in return. :bigpimp: :drool:

That.Guy.S30
12-20-2006, 01:22 AM
thanks for the support guys!

this will be another franchise location so it will be run by the owner and his staff and not us. we will be there occasionally to do check ups, help, etc.

Originally posted by max_boost

You know business is good when you can take 1 month off. Bring me a sub next time thi_thi and I'll hook you up with some ginger beef in return. :bigpimp: :drool:

hah, were not technically off for a month. we are preparing for the opening and doing some training. i wish it were so haha
yea ill bring you one next time im down there max.

FiveFreshFish
12-20-2006, 01:28 AM
You need a franchise up the NW where there's a lack of Viet sub places.

That.Guy.S30
12-20-2006, 01:40 AM
^ its actaully in the plans for this coming year. 2007. possible near crowfoot.

Ben
12-20-2006, 02:44 AM

no ben, the price will be the same as our other stores. no mark up.

Well Holy Moley, Thumbsup for a kick ass new shop! Damn us generallized White folk and our inability to seek good bargains.

Gondi Stylez
12-20-2006, 04:30 AM
oh baby! kitty corner for me! no more DT lineups!!

That.Guy.S30
01-07-2007, 02:58 AM
bump!
we are officially open. cheers

heinz256
01-07-2007, 11:59 AM
:clap: :clap: