PDA

View Full Version : Source: Sixers deal Iverson to Nuggets

Gorilla
12-19-2006, 04:43 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2006-12-19-iverson-trade_x.htm

Iverson and Carmello on a team... next Yao and Mcgraddy?

Diesel2005
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
denver just got alot better by getting AI

Black Gts
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Next Michael and Scottie:thumbsup:
(okay okay I am exaterating sp? just a little)
Hopeful there is enough shots however.
Also where is K-Mart at, that is potentialy the new western conference powerhouse

pinoyhero
12-19-2006, 05:16 PM
I like the look of the team with AI a lot, they are a phoenix type team with the run and gun offense and now have ridiculous finishers. Furhter they have a defensive presence in camby. If he can stay healthy this team looks scary.

l8braker
12-19-2006, 06:41 PM
AI was in the doghouse bigtime in Philly as of late, so it's surprising, but not surprising to see him leave.... This should be interesting to see him and Carmelo together after C.A. is done his 15-game suspension..........

CasperWho
12-19-2006, 06:45 PM
:werd:

Im happy the Nuggets is turning into a team of goons!
K Mart, AI, Melo - All Hotheads!

air_mikey
12-19-2006, 06:58 PM
damn, thats one hell of a trade for the nuggets... :poosie:

TeamBestBud
12-19-2006, 08:17 PM
allen iversons only plays for himself and i dunt see him fitting in and leadin the nuggets anywhere, however i would be very happy if i had to eat my words:)

5hift
12-19-2006, 08:30 PM
I guess I'm the only one who thinks Denver completely fucked themselves over to get AI. Iverson is great and all, but now they have the super huge contracts of AI, Melo, Nene and K-Mart to deal with and somehow stay under the salary cap. Joe Smith isnt that great, Andre Miller is a just a above average point guard, but giving up two first round picks is too much for Iverson. Plus I dont know how its going to work when you have Iverson and Carmello both fighting over who takes the shot.

JVR1
12-19-2006, 11:04 PM
i think people will be surprised how much iverson will pass.. he did it in the olympics.. he knows how to give up the ball to players that finish.. but in saying that he'll definitely take a lot of shots getting used to the team for the 15 games melo is out..

max_boost
12-19-2006, 11:38 PM
We will see how well they co-exist. Something has to give, you aren't going to have two 30 pt guys so someone's production will drop and become the second option. Now that might cause some drama. Remember Kobe & Shaq a few years back?

The title belongs to the Suns this year. Nash FTW 3rd straight MVP. :thumbsup:

bigboom
12-19-2006, 11:58 PM
i think the nuggets just shot themselves in the foot, you look at the draft this year and its the deepest draft in years, with melo's 15 game suspension now, will the nuggets even make the playoffs? if they dont they just gave up some decent picks in the draft...and you think AI and melo can get along? AI is uncoachable and you think he is gonna give up his shots? maybe im wrong but history has proved that AI gets his points by shooting at least 20 times a game how are you going to give melo and AI enough shots to keep both of them happy? also he is 31 now...you think he has many more years in him playing the way he does?

but again maybe AI will now defer to melo and actually play the point the way it is supposed to be played.

also as mentioned look at all the contracts you now have, and k mart who cant stay healthy, same with nene youre stuck with 4 multi year contracts, 3 of them which are pretty risky.

gerrycurl21
12-20-2006, 12:08 AM
What place was AI in points leader? Melo and AI on the same 5 is pretty crazy

Melo isnt a goon, he's a lil bitch and will be one imo till he does something else to make me forget him punchin a dude and running away....then cowarding from all 5'9 or Robinson

Though i'd love to see Boykins fight Robinson

http://resized.filevend.com/anon/HA135Bt0.gif

Diesel2005
12-20-2006, 02:37 PM
#1 and #2 point leaders in the NBA right now

Jynx
12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Diesel2005
#1 and #2 point leaders in the NBA right now

Wont last for long. This relationship will hit a brick wall by march.

George Karl doesnt have the credentials to get Iverson to buy into his system.

I cant wait to see another 'practice' speech by iverson!!!

adidas
12-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Jynx

Wont last for long. This relationship will hit a brick wall by march.

George Karl doesnt have the credentials to get Iverson to buy into his system.

I cant wait to see another 'practice' speech by iverson!!!

We talking about practice? Practice? Not a game, practice?

:D :thumbsup:

EDIT: Anyone know when AI will suit up in the nuggets uniform?

menace3
12-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud
allen iversons only plays for himself and i dunt see him fitting in and leadin the nuggets anywhere, however i would be very happy if i had to eat my words:)

i agree there is no "I" on team, but there's one on Iverson. no way that the team will have chemistry w/ iverson. he is a good player but they dont need 2 franchise players in 1 team.. they will trade him again early next year. it would a been a good trade to golden state.

aram1000
12-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Iverson is supposed to suit up and play his first game for the Nuggets on Friday, against the Kings. As for the trade, in the short term it could pay some good dividends for the Nuggets. The biggest question is who's team is the Nuggets now and who gets to take the last shot? A lot of people view Iverson as a selfish player, however, his assist numbers have gone up in the last 2 years. He likes to be the man and likes to take shots, however, he is a competitor and has a huge desire to win, and has shown that he will play through injuries in order to win. No one can question Iverson's heart. If he is smart, he will take less shots, and make some adjustments to accomodate Melo and with Denver's offense, he will definately flourish. As for how good this will make the Nuggets, I can see them getting to the second round, and maybe into the conference finals if things go really well. Did the Nuggets give up too much, no one will ever really know until we see who they draft this year and how good those draft picks pan out in 2 or 3 years. The Nuggets will be fun to watch and definately now have the potential to make some serious noise in the west once J.R. Smith and Melo are back from their suspensions. I think Andre Miller will make Philly better as long as Korver and Igoudala play well and the 76ers make some good draft picks in the summer. But then again, you don't quite know with Billy King, after all, he did trade for Webber.

RiCE-DaDDy
12-21-2006, 02:19 AM
definitely interesting to wathc but im with a lot of you here: it won't work. But it will be amazing to watch if it somehow does. Even if it does, remember this is the WESTERN conference, no matter how much AI improves Denver, it's NOT gonna make them better than Spurs, Mavs, Pheonix, and you gotta remember Lakers and Rockets (both very good as well).

And its gonna be exciting for sixers too, 3 picks, one lottery (sixers are gonna suck ass the rest of the way), in a super deep draft.

On another note, what if raps tank it and get no 1? GREG ODEN!! oh shit then what? trade bosh haha

bigboom
12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
definitely interesting to wathc but im with a lot of you here: it won't work. But it will be amazing to watch if it somehow does. Even if it does, remember this is the WESTERN conference, no matter how much AI improves Denver, it's NOT gonna make them better than Spurs, Mavs, Pheonix, and you gotta remember Lakers and Rockets (both very good as well).

And its gonna be exciting for sixers too, 3 picks, one lottery (sixers are gonna suck ass the rest of the way), in a super deep draft.

On another note, what if raps tank it and get no 1? GREG ODEN!! oh shit then what? trade bosh haha

too bad they changed the draft rules otherwise oden would be in a raps uniform right now!

tabouli
12-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
http://resized.filevend.com/anon/HA135Bt0.gif
At the end of the clip, watch for the guy who throws his clip-board at the player :rofl:

Sprinter
12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Black Gts
Also where is K-Mart at, that is potentialy the new western conference powerhouse

That team is stacked

bigboom
12-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Sprinter

That team is stacked

k-mart is probably done for the season, just went for knee surgery at the beginning. thats going to haunt them for a while, he's been injured every year for the last 3 years. not to mention after J-Kidd he's done nothing.

RiCE-DaDDy
12-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Black Gts

K-mart sucks man, he owes like 60 mil of his 80mill contract to jason kidd

TeamBestBud
12-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Well, Iverson made his debut tonight coming off the bench. Got a standing ovation from the crowd, and racked up 22 points and 10 assists. Nice way to start off, with a double double. Denver didn't win tho:dunno:.

http://www.nba.com/games/20061222/SACDEN/recap.html

Black Gts
12-23-2006, 02:00 AM
10 assists what a selfish bastard.. man I hate when guys cant dish the ball:) :)
Itll be alright the nuggets will be a force:thumbsup: because thats 20 'melo points plus the other guys that will step up....Hopefully....