PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap!

calarina
05-14-2003, 03:00 PM
One of my co-workers comes in my office and tells me to come and look at this Mini Cooper we just got in. Well, we've had a lot in lately due to shipping damage, so I just thought it was same as normal.

I get out there, and I see this blue Cooper S with Euro tails. Except that this time, the wheels are absolutely CAKED with mud, the bumpers are full of mud, and grass. The right front wheel, the tire blew out, but they drove it anyway, and there's only just a little bit of tire left. On the drivers side of the vehicle, the rear window is broken, there's a huge dent behind the drivers door (as if they went into a pole), and the side air bag went off.

Turns out, this car has had quite a journey. It was stolen from Ontario (it still has Ontario plates on it), and made it's way to Medicine Hat until being caught. For some reason they brought it to our body shop, but that's besides the point.

It's a brand new 2003 Mini Cooper S! :banghead:

I'll see if I can get some pictures of it, and post them up here.

92 Teg-B18A
05-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Crazy crazy, too bad for the Mini Cooper eh. I wonder how it's gonan get back all the way to Ontario? Train?

calarina
05-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Well, we're repairing it, but I only have one picture of it right now. Apparantly the dent on the side is when he slid into a barbbed wire fence pole. There's scratches ALL over the car because of the barbbed wire too.

Sorry about the size, this is directly off the camera.

98type_r
05-14-2003, 04:59 PM
damn, thats been through quite a journey...
just out of curiosity, seeing as how it made it here fron Ontario, how many km's on the odometer?

calarina
05-14-2003, 05:02 PM
I just checked, and it's an electronic odometer, so I wouldn't be able to tell ya, unless I took the keys and gave it power. :tongue:

Team_Mclaren
05-14-2003, 05:55 PM
feel sorry for the car.....:(

4wheeldrift
05-14-2003, 06:12 PM
I wonder if this is going to become a trend?

T5Bird
05-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Poor, Poor Mini.:( On another note I can't wait for the new Italian Job movie!:clap:

dam_guy
05-14-2003, 06:54 PM
how bad did this person want this mini cooper?:dunno:
cause they sure did drive the crap out of it.

Fluidic
05-14-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by calarina
I get out there, and I see this blue Cooper S with Euro tails. Except that this time, the wheels are absolutely CAKED with mud, the bumpers are full of mud, and grass.

What... this isn't the first time?? :dunno: :dunno: :angel:

Peter

lightsout
05-14-2003, 07:09 PM
car sounds to b in good shape dont u think.

calarina
05-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

What... this isn't the first time?? :dunno: :dunno: :angel:

Peter

Usually the Mini Coopers that we get in have the hood, and front bumper damaged from shipping. :tongue:

Who would steal a Mini Cooper S? Hahaha.

Ferio_vti
05-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Wow, talk about driving cuz it IS stolen.

RiceCake
05-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Poor car! :(

ninspeed
05-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Thats it???? Shit i have seen worse... i have seen caddys brand new writen off from be stolen with in 2 weeks od delivery... Hell, look at the Vibe 98.5 Tahoe in my shop right now.. its got 5k on it, and its a close write off... of the 02 pick up that cam back one week later writen off cuas some 13 year old drunk indian stole it from his drunk mom at the bar and drove it in to about 6 power poles before it gave up....

Sky
05-15-2003, 12:51 AM
I wonder how it got stolen....new cars these dayz shouldn't be that easy to steal....a older civic would be much easier I assume?

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 01:07 AM
man... minis are straight euro trash, i pray i never see another one of those POS again..

REFLUX
05-15-2003, 01:10 AM
now THAT'S how a car SHOULD be driven
specially one who's ancestors had so much to do with rallying :D

those guys didn't steal the car...they put life into it!!!

Spawn
05-15-2003, 08:28 AM
So thats where that ended up. I saw it being loaded onto the back of a flat bed in the middle of a filed last week.

calarina
05-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by REFLUX
now THAT'S how a car SHOULD be driven
specially one who's ancestors had so much to do with rallying :D

those guys didn't steal the car...they put life into it!!!

Hahahahaha, hell yeah!

I just thought it was funny that someone would steal this POS mini, and beat the shit out of it. I thought I'd share the love! :thumbsup: :rofl:

GT2NV
05-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
man... minis are straight euro trash, i pray i never see another one of those POS again..
yeah bmw's lick my ass:rolleyes:

92 Teg-B18A
05-15-2003, 07:42 PM

What?!?! You must have no sense of style my man j/k:rofl:

Speed_Dreams
05-15-2003, 09:10 PM
Mini's kick ass.....hey what body shot do you work at? I think i have been there before....delivering parts

T5Bird
05-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Yep Mini's do kick ass!:werd: I don't like the new BMW's as much as the REAL Mini's though.:poosie:

fast95pony
05-15-2003, 09:41 PM

uh..yeah..right....
:rolleyes:

calarina
05-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
Mini's kick ass.....hey what body shot do you work at? I think i have been there before....delivering parts

Calgary Honda Body Shop. :)

Wildcat
05-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

yeah bmw's lick my ass:rolleyes:

no, im still down with tha zim zimmaz

Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A

What?!?! You must have no sense of style my man j/k:rofl:

id have a better sense of style if i drove a bathtub on wheels instead of a mini

Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

no minis do not kick ass

Originally posted by T5Bird
Yep Mini's do kick ass!:werd: I don't like the new BMW's as much as the REAL Mini's though.:poosie:

wrong

Originally posted by fast95pony

uh..yeah..right....

i know im right, so quit bitching

4wheeldrift
05-17-2003, 10:51 PM

i know im right, so quit bitching Maybe if you brought some information on WHY you might get a better response?

Wildcat
05-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Maybe if you brought some information on WHY you might get a better response?

What for?

fast95pony
05-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Some people's kids......

T5Bird
05-18-2003, 01:13 AM

What for?

Well here's some rough #'s that say a Cooper S should have no trouble owning your V6 "muscle car". they both make very close horspower stock for stock, but it just so happens the Mini is 700-800lbs lighter....advantage Mini. Average 1/4 mile times are about 1/2 second quicker, not bad for 4cyl "euro trash".:dunno: And we don't even want to get into slalom, or skidpad #'s. If you've ever driven the new S I think you'd be quite surprised, very,very cool car.:clap:

Wildcat
05-18-2003, 05:57 PM
well your very very cool car looks like ______. (fill with [or combination of]; ass, shit, garbage can, euro trash, shitbox, etc.)FYI my "muscle car" wont be a V6 for long; so again...

quit your bitching, its just a fucking opinion

92 Teg-B18A
05-18-2003, 06:46 PM
hmm, it seems to me that your the one doing most of the bitching:confused:

but you are right, people ar entitled to their own opinions. However you don't have to be so rude etc etc

T5Bird
05-18-2003, 06:54 PM
well your very very cool car looks like ______. (fill with [or combination of]; ass, shit, garbage can, euro trash, shitbox, etc.)FYI my "muscle car" wont be a V6 for long; so again...

No flame intended, it's all a matter of personal opinion. I happen to think your car looks pretty good as well, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that think it looks like ______. (fill with [or combination of]; ass, shit, garbage can, domestic trash, shitbox, etc.) But to hate on a car you may very well know nothing about may not be fair. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. I guess the Mini is one of those love it or hate it cars, personally I love it, but not as much as the "real" Mini. By the way no bitching here.:poosie: