PDA

View Full Version : 25 PS3's SUNRIDGE FUTURESHOP NOW NOWNOW

toomuchb00st
12-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Futureshop in NE calgary has 25 ps3's in stock right now. COEM GET THEM!

Evolize
12-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Too bad I don't have enough cash!!

Evolize
12-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Got any nintendo wii's? I wanna buy one of those!!!

dj_rice
12-19-2006, 07:46 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!??!?!?!?!?!?

I was there earlier this afternoon and I didnt see any?

toomuchb00st
12-19-2006, 07:54 PM
just got them. come ask for one.

Evolize
12-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Got any nintendo wii's?!?!?!?

googe
12-19-2006, 09:05 PM
haha no one cares about PS3s

VT777
12-19-2006, 09:08 PM
just picked one up.. still have lots..

wainr
12-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Screw ps3..

Tell us when they get some Wii's.

Evolize
12-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Hrmmm. I need a ps3 as well. hrmmmm

mwmhong
12-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by googe
haha no one cares about PS3s

Mayday! Mayday! :burnout:

lewdvig
12-19-2006, 09:34 PM
The wii is so lame - it is like a sex change and frontal lobotomy all in one.

Take a game cube, add some in-precise control scheme that appeals to media following sheep and voila: wii

Seriously, if you really like games the novelty of wii will wear off fast.

yellowsnow
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I saw a few behind the counter at HMV downtown this afternoon. 1 20gb, and a couple 60gb ones lol

looks like people returning them

HyperZell
12-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by lewdvig

Take a game cube, add some in-precise control scheme that appeals to media following sheep and voila: wii

Take a shiny shell, stuff in stupidly expensive components, forget to quality-check them, lie, forget to get good games and voila: PS3

CaseoftheEX
12-20-2006, 04:26 PM
I think the Wii is gay too. If you buy one, you have to question your sexuality.

Theres one guy @ work who wont shut up about his. Hes even thinking about using it as a workout machine and putting dumbells in his hands everytime he plays :confused: :D

The graphics are even worse than Gamecube.

Mr_John
12-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by CaseoftheEX
I think the Wii is gay too. If you buy one, you have to question your sexuality.

Theres one guy @ work who wont shut up about his. Hes even thinking about using it as a workout machine and putting dumbells in his hands everytime he plays :confused: :D

Sometimes its not about the graphics. Some of the best and most fun games are still on the original Nintendo.

Anyone that uses the Wii as a workout machine is a nut and needs to find some friends.

Anyone with the name CaseoftheEX might have to question their own sexuality as well.

Impreza
12-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by CaseoftheEX

Not always about the graphics, it is about the gameplay sometimes! The Wii is the perfect party console!

teggypimp95
12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Alot of places are getting them. HMV at TD square just got some also.

england4957
12-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I just called HMV downtown and sunridge future shop and they both said they had none left.

CaseoftheEX
12-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Mr_John

Sometimes its not about the graphics. Some of the best and most fun games are still on the original Nintendo.

Anyone that uses the Wii as a workout machine is a nut and needs to find some friends.

Anyone with the name CaseoftheEX might have to question their own sexuality as well. Well when the graphics are THAT bad, yes they do actually matter. Everything now is HD, and the Wii not being HD compatible will greatly hurt its longevity.

Btw, my user is a name of a song.

sneek
12-20-2006, 05:35 PM

Anyone with the name CaseoftheEX might have to question their own sexuality as well.

Agreed, i will buy a Wii when they make duckhunt for it, i have the original gun and everything.

heavyD
12-20-2006, 05:37 PM

I agree with this. The Wii will be hot for a year or so but in a few years forgotten. Most of the launch games aren't even that good unless you like Super Monkeyball or Zelda.

Fusion
12-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by wainr
Screw ps3..

Tell us when they get some Wii's.

Screw PS3 r u on crack?

wainr
12-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Fusion

Screw PS3 r u on crack?

Not today.

HyperZell
12-20-2006, 07:24 PM

You win, 100%.

Originally posted by heavyD

I agree with this. The Wii will be hot for a year or so but in a few years forgotten. Most of the launch games aren't even that good unless you like Super Monkeyball or Zelda.

Funny thing, it turns out that most people do like Zelda. And I can see why - it's freakin amazing.

Also, DBZ is surprisingly good, but other than that I'm not really into any of the other launch games.

And weren't you the guy that said the Wii would be easy to get around launch, because no one really wants one? You've been wrong so many times before that I'm going to have to laughably disregard your opinion.

Originally posted by Fusion

Screw PS3 r u on crack?

No, he's on reality. PS3 has been disappointing, putting it mildly.

Fusion
12-20-2006, 07:52 PM
:thumbsup:

Fusion
12-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell

You win, 100%.

Funny thing, it turns out that most people do like Zelda. And I can see why - it's freakin amazing.

Also, DBZ is surprisingly good, but other than that I'm not really into any of the other launch games.

And weren't you the guy that said the Wii would be easy to get around launch, because no one really wants one? You've been wrong so many times before that I'm going to have to laughably disregard your opinion.

No, he's on reality. PS3 has been disappointing, putting it mildly. :thumbsup:

Sorry i own wii when it first came out sold it in one week ..Now i have PS3 ..

heavyD
12-21-2006, 01:36 PM

I said that there would be plenty available as they were manufactured well before launch. I never said 'no one really wants one' so quit putting words in my mouth. I just didn't think Nintendo would would be lame enough to create artificial shortages to create hype. The Wii has been in production since late summer/early fall. There's no excuse for there to be shortages.

Whitetiger
12-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I went there this morning, they're all gone. :(

HyperZell
12-21-2006, 05:31 PM

I said that there would be plenty available as they were manufactured well before launch. I never said 'no one really wants one' so quit putting words in my mouth. I just didn't think Nintendo would would be lame enough to create artificial shortages to create hype. The Wii has been in production since late summer/early fall. There's no excuse for there to be shortages.

It's called an 'implied opinion'. You're pretty transparent, and even in what you just said (artificial shortages) you make backhanded remarks and insinuations that are pretty obvious. Could it be that the Wii is a massive hit, and that everybody wants one? Of course not, Nintendo is just hiding its units to create artificial shortages...

heavyD
12-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Could it be that the Wii is a massive hit, and that everybody wants one? Of course not, Nintendo is just hiding its units to create artificial shortages...

Dude don't be such a dork. Sure the artificial shortage thing is a theory but it's one I believe as the hardware is based on six year old technology and there weren't shortages of GCN's when they launched in far greater numbers. It's not a multiple processing beast that generates heat and has no blu-ray diodes that are hard to make. Sony & Microsoft had a valid excuses for the 360 & PS3 shortage but Nintendo does not. How would it look to the average consumer that knew that 360's & PS3's were sold out for months yet stores were full of Wii's. Take off your Nintendo blinders and see the artificial shortage for what it is....ARTIFICIAL!

BTW: Gears of War (most likely GOTY in most publications) has sold more copies than Wii and PS3 consoles put together so tell me what's really the 'massive hit'.

HyperZell
12-21-2006, 08:38 PM

Dude don't be such a dork. Sure the artificial shortage thing is a theory but it's one I believe as the hardware is based on six year old technology and there weren't shortages of GCN's when they launched in far greater numbers. It's not a multiple processing beast that generates heat and has no blu-ray diodes that are hard to make. Sony & Microsoft had a valid excuses for the 360 & PS3 shortage but Nintendo does not. How would it look to the average consumer that knew that 360's & PS3's were sold out for months yet stores were full of Wii's. Take off your Nintendo blinders and see the artificial shortage for what it is....ARTIFICIAL!

BTW: Gears of War (most likely GOTY in most publications) has sold more copies than Wii and PS3 consoles put together so tell me what's really the 'massive hit'.

That was unbelievably toolish. First off, that Gears of War thing was a retarted comment, namely because you're comparing a game against two consoles. And before you say 'it represents the 360' keep in mind that the 360 has been out for a year.

Okay, that aside, its very plausible that we are on two different ends of the spectrum. I might have Nintendo blinders on, and you might have anti-Nintendo blinders on. Yes, it is a possibility that the shortages might be artificial, but its also a possibility that Nintendo just couldn't make enough - the Wii hit that big.

Put it this way:

PS3 and Xbox - shortages because of expensive components, = x units < demand.

Wii - shortages because of excess demand = 4x units < demand.

That seems pretty plausible to me...

DepTrotter
12-21-2006, 08:51 PM
you two realize you are arguing about videogames right?

lewdvig
12-21-2006, 09:11 PM

It's called an 'implied opinion'. You're pretty transparent, and even in what you just said (artificial shortages) you make backhanded remarks and insinuations that are pretty obvious. Could it be that the Wii is a massive hit, and that everybody wants one? Of course not, Nintendo is just hiding its units to create artificial shortages...

Hey man, I have a PS3 and 360. Yeah, the PS3 is a disappointment but the 360 is great.

I spent a day with a Wii and I will tell you what I do not like about it.

1. 4:3 480i looks like ass on a good TV.
2. The controller is not precise and games are too easy as a result
3. The only good game is Zelda - it is just as good on the GC (going by reviews, personally I thought the game was terrible)
4. Games like Zelda where you search in grass for hearts are sooo 1990
5. the online is goofy not fully fleshed out
6. Mii concept is primitive

Boxing day the 360 Premium will be $400 with GRAW, GoW and Arcade. That is a much better deal than a Wii.

Wii is a novelty.

lewdvig
12-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
you two realize you are arguing about videogames right?

You do realize this is a discussion group on videogames, right?

HyperZell
12-22-2006, 11:51 AM

Hey man, I have a PS3 and 360. Yeah, the PS3 is a disappointment but the 360 is great.

I spent a day with a Wii and I will tell you what I do not like about it.

1. 4:3 480i looks like ass on a good TV.
2. The controller is not precise and games are too easy as a result
3. The only good game is Zelda - it is just as good on the GC (going by reviews, personally I thought the game was terrible)
4. Games like Zelda where you search in grass for hearts are sooo 1990
5. the online is goofy not fully fleshed out
6. Mii concept is primitive

Boxing day the 360 Premium will be $400 with GRAW, GoW and Arcade. That is a much better deal than a Wii.

Wii is a novelty.

1. Then get the component cables like I have - 480P is a big improvement.
2. What??
3. That's what I already said.
4. I don't play games to be trendy. I play them because they are good, and nobody should be 'searching' for hearts in the grass. They're just there sometimes.
5. You're right, there are no games that take advantage of the online capabilities yet. Yet.
6. It's not a real selling point of the system, but it's a nice little thing to have.

That 360 deal you mentioned is actually pretty sweet. But you're trying to compare a year old system with a brand new one. I've tried to keep things between the PS3 and Wii.

I just had some friends over last night to try it out, and most thought it would be gay before they actually played it. Let me tell you, Wii Sports is ridiculously fun in a group. Tennis is probably the best game, but bowling is sweet too. This machine just draws you in and makes time disappear.

slickk
12-22-2006, 12:08 PM

Take off your Nintendo blinders and see the artificial shortage for what it is....ARTIFICIAL!

What kind of a company would be stupid enough not to sell as many units as possible?! It doesn't make any financial sense to not get as many consoles on the market before the biggest spending period of the year: Christmas. Artificial shortage my ass... They're sold out.

lewdvig
12-22-2006, 02:40 PM

1. Then get the component cables like I have - 480P is a big improvement.
2. What??
3. That's what I already said.
4. I don't play games to be trendy. I play them because they are good, and nobody should be 'searching' for hearts in the grass. They're just there sometimes.
5. You're right, there are no games that take advantage of the online capabilities yet. Yet.
6. It's not a real selling point of the system, but it's a nice little thing to have.

That 360 deal you mentioned is actually pretty sweet. But you're trying to compare a year old system with a brand new one. I've tried to keep things between the PS3 and Wii.

I just had some friends over last night to try it out, and most thought it would be gay before they actually played it. Let me tell you, Wii Sports is ridiculously fun in a group. Tennis is probably the best game, but bowling is sweet too. This machine just draws you in and makes time disappear.

I did not like tennis because you only swing and I found it not very precise.

Bowling was very good, but easy. Boxing was ok.

If enough good games come out that use the functionality, maybe it will be another DS (at last count we had three DS's in my house).

I don't think it is an either or proposition. A wii will never do what a PS3/360 does. But it is quite possible that either of the more powerful consoles could do what the wii does.

mikey_mo_love
12-22-2006, 02:47 PM

I just happened to be one of those fortunate few. Honestly, I didn't think that the Wii would be that much fun to play for hours on end, but I was genuinely surprised. You forget about that graphics within minutes of playing and the controller is so intuitive that it felt as if we were actually playing the sports. Our friends were even giving a little "body English" while bowling.

Sometimes it's not about who has the best graphics or which system is more powerful, it all comes down to how much fun you have while playing. I'll admit that I had serious doubt about the success of Wii, but after giving it a chance I have no reservations that it will be a massive hit for Nintendo.

mekeni
12-22-2006, 07:09 PM
no more ps3s at fs :( :thumbsdow

maximus
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I did not like tennis because you only swing and I found it not very precise.

Ya I thought so too at first. After playing it a few times though you can totally direct your shots depending on when you swing. You can get pretty accurate.

Its funny reading these posts about comparing the PS3 and Wii. Unfortunately there is no comparison because they are totally different.

The PS3 is for hardcore gamplayers that want crazy graphics and precise game play. Ya sure, sometimes its nice to get into a game that seems so realistic that when you sniper someones head off you can see the spine sticking out. I've alweays had fun getting into games like call of duty, splinter cell, GTA......by myself.

But sometimes it sure is fun to get a whole bunch of friends together, have some booze, and just have some stupid fun. Sure the Wii may not be the best console out in regards to graphics and such but its gameplay is accomodating to all. You don't have to be a diehard gamer to pick up the control and have fun. The past year I plugged in my Nintendo and Atari to have some fun playing video games again and put my other consoles in the closet. The nintendo Wii came out just in time for me. Seriously, one of the most fun times I've had in a long while was at my buddies house couple weeks ago. Booze + Rayman and honestly we were having soooooo much fun. Ya Rayman is a stupid game when you think about it but we were laughing and yelling and just having a blast. Even Wii sports is a riot. I don't think your moms and dads will be picking up the PS3 remotes and having fun playing with you. With the Wii anyone can play and have fun.

I bought a Wii because it looked like tons of fun.......and it is! And its the right price too. Makes waiting 13hrs for it worth it. That being said, I'm definately not going to say the Wii is better then a PS3. Its different and thats why I bought it. Everyone that plays mine loves it. Even 50 year olds. I didn't think I would ever see my dads friends playing video games and having as much fun as they were.

Its no wonder its a hit. Fun to play and cheap in comparison. Sure there is hype driving up the demand but I think the artificial shortage theory is a bit far fetched. Is it really that hard to imagine that more people out there want a Wii then a PS3? It appeals to a wider demographic.

I don't think it is an either or proposition. A wii will never do what a PS3/360 does. But it is quite possible that either of the more powerful consoles could do what the wii does.

Sure they probably could do what the Wii does...........but they don't. Its not about what they could do in theory, its what they do do.

jf97talon
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
360 FTW

lilmira
01-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by maximus

they do do.

:rofl:

I must be high on something.

Donmega
01-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by maximus