PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many people think earings on guys is out of date or gay?

CaseoftheEX
12-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Because I see nothing wrong with it...never have either. I have both ears pierced, and top left ear as well (though I dont wear that hoop up top often).

But the debate is that so many think its so 90's ish and out of date. Whgat do you think? Who else here has their ears pierced?

QuasarCav
12-20-2006, 03:47 PM
90's???

That shit is 80's.

teggypimp95
12-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I have my top left ear with a small ring. I like it. Nothing flashy. just simple. Just something i did one day, no clue why but what evs.

CasperWho
12-20-2006, 03:50 PM
I have both of my ears peirced. I have since i was 15.

Speed_69
12-20-2006, 03:55 PM
I have my lobe and top pierced on my left ear. Like teggypimp95
said up there, it's nothing flashy, it's simple and i like it. I see alot of guys with pierced ears still :dunno:

Jackc
12-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I got mine done one day when I felt like doing something new, no specific reason really.
I don't really think of earrings as being out of date, I know lots of guys that have earrings.

adamc
12-20-2006, 03:57 PM
i've got both ears pierced as well

adamc
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
but I got mine pierced up high on the lobe, so that they don't really hang down at all, they kind just stop where my ear stops.
:bigpimp:

http://myspace-172.vo.llnwd.net/00744/27/12/744282172_l.jpg

teggypimp95
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Some time you just need to do something out of the norm. And i guess thats what i did! i dont really think its gay, nor do i care what others think. Do what you think looks best on you dude.

brandon
12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
I have the top of my ear and my lip pierced.

Black Gts
12-20-2006, 04:04 PM
I have both ears pierced.
First one when I was 12 I think, second when I was 15-16, cant remember...lol
Havent worn an earring in like 4 years...
I feel like I outgrew the fake diamond studs :rofl:

Speed_69
12-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Black Gts

I feel like I outgrew the fake diamond studs :rofl:
haha that's like me..i'll only wear rings now.

Jackc
12-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I like wearing a stud over a ring, i find rings to get caught on things easier

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I have my lobe pierced with a ring, from... say 6 years ago, and the upper part, with a stud, both left ear... never really thought about it... got the upper part done a year ago?

lint
12-20-2006, 04:50 PM
You just posted in the PS3 thread that you think any guy that buys a Wii needs to question his sexuality, then you create a thread about how you see nothing 90's or gay about a guy with pierced ears?

http://hem1.passagen.se/ecik/gm013.jpg

Godfuader
12-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Got my left ear pierced when I was like 19 (It was still a cool thing in the late 90s). I dont wear it anymore partly cuz it got boring, and partly cuz it doesn't look good meeting a client in a suit and an earring. :dunno:

bspot
12-20-2006, 04:57 PM
You asked for it, so I'll say it:

Gay.

Earings usually go with gangsta wannabes or pretty boys.

Wouldn't get them myself, don't care if others have them though.

HRD2PLZ
12-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I used to have both ear lobes pierced and the top of my left ear pierced, this was back when I was 16. I took them all out once I entered the business world. It was strongly suggested to me by a Broker in the business that I remove them.

codetrap
12-20-2006, 05:02 PM

CaseoftheEX
12-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by lint
You just posted in the PS3 thread that you think any guy that buys a Wii needs to question his sexuality, then you create a thread about how you see nothing 90's or gay about a guy with pierced ears?

http://hem1.passagen.se/ecik/gm013.jpg Pierced ears>Swinging a Wii remote around like superman. Dont hate the player, hate the game.:devil:

Darkane
12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by adamc

http://myspace-172.vo.llnwd.net/00744/27/12/744282172_l.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Whitetiger
12-20-2006, 05:41 PM
^ Sure that's not Shawn Desman?

Lex350
12-20-2006, 06:03 PM
It works for some people and for others it makes them look like a complete tool!!!

sneek
12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
^ Sure that's not Shawn Desman?
HAHAHAHAHA before or after the "sidewalk"

slammed_cb7
12-20-2006, 06:17 PM
:rofl: I like this thread. I had both earlobes done and a hoop higher up on my left ear, believe it or not, based totaly on what girls said i should do/looked good. It was cool for me in high school but i am not pretty enough for that shit and not nearly emo enough to stretch them.

WWJAI
12-20-2006, 06:22 PM
I have two on my left lobe and one on my right lobe. Use to have one on my top right cartilage but got an infection and ended up having to take it out.

I don't see anything wrong with them, mine are barely visible. I just like them.

Anybody know where is the best place to get ring style earrings??

dinglenuts
12-20-2006, 06:25 PM
getting both mine done on the 27th:thumbsup: and i'm already married, so if people think its gay, its not like i'd be getting any other girls anyway! I do think simple, non flashy hoops look good, not a fan of sparkly crap though.

adam c
12-20-2006, 06:38 PM
i have both lobes pierced and i used to have the top of my left ear.. but the ring has been out so long it closed up. i also used to have my nipple pierced but i took that out cause it kept getting infected

i see nothing wrong with piercings as long u havent enlarged the holes retardedly (my gauges are 8 i think)? and no more then 1 in each lobe

Lo)2enz0
12-20-2006, 06:56 PM
i had studs. now have scares there.

Gondi Stylez
12-20-2006, 06:56 PM
i got one ear pierced in grade 9 and the other in grade 10?!

i like it but someday i will take them out!

mikey_mo_love
12-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
i got one ear pierced in grade 9 and the other in grade 10?!

i like it but someday i will take them out!

good. it looks like you're trying too hard :D

HyperZell
12-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by CaseoftheEX
Pierced ears>Swinging a Wii remote around like superman. Dont hate the player, hate the game.:devil:

The difference between the two is that you know what you're doing when you pierce your ear. If you're swinging the remote around that much, you don't have a clue what you're doing.

Also, people can see you with the earring...

Sorry, but I have to hate the player when the player is this wrong. It makes me feel sad for the game.

h_s
12-20-2006, 07:46 PM
i had one ear pierced top and bottom.. my parents hated it and bought me a b16a2 from jdmsource to take em out and keep em out

JAYMEZ
12-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Ive had my ears peirced for like 6 years , and no one has ever called it gay..Actually most my friends have them done as well.. Though I havnt worn them for a couple years!

seer_claw
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
I have the top of mine done. Most people don't even notice unless I point it out. Took my mom about 45 min of talking to me before she noticed. Just one of those things that I did.

Kirbs17
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
I have an 8 gauge half hoop in my left lobe, and a stud in the top of my left ear. Ive had them since I was in grade 11.

TEAMFaint
12-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I got an eyebrow ring...thats right im a hardcore:rolleyes:

Contemplating gettting studs put in my ears, I heard that they can pierce you at 0 gauge now??

How big of a scar do you think you would get from getting around 4-6 gauge and takin em out later down the road?

pyar_deewane
12-20-2006, 10:26 PM
how much does it cost to get ur ears pierced and where is the best place to get them done:dunno:
:goflames:

adam c
12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
merel norman is the best place i find..

the gun (if u call it that) is the best one.. instead of shooting it through ur ear it just clamps it

piercing is free all u do is buy the earing

Fosgate R
12-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by pyar_deewane
how much does it cost to get ur ears pierced and where is the best place to get them done:dunno:
:goflames:

Ardines and Claires in the malls do it for like $5 per ear. Thats where i got all mine done... then I stretched my holes to 8 Guage on my own :thumbsup:

Kona9
12-20-2006, 10:50 PM
I had regular piercings for about 10 years. A few months ago I decided I wanted something different. Instead of stretching the lobes, I went and just had these punched out.

For me, the size is fine. It may or may not close on it's own naturally. I'm not concerned. I have a good paying job that will only get better, and the holes in my ears make no difference.

This picture is a fresh shot when I got it done. Pretty swollen lobes. Today I can easily slide a pen through the hole. What is in my ear in the picture is more a retainer while healing. I just wear simple black hollow tubes that don't protrude like the retainers did.

It was pretty painfull, and the crunch my right ear made from the scar tissue break was loud. But like all pain...Mind over matter!!!

adam c
12-20-2006, 10:58 PM
ah thats too hardcore for me

stevieo
12-21-2006, 12:42 AM
i had both my ears pierced and the top of my left ear, i took em out though. had too many problems when I had to put on a helmet - sometimes I think about getting them repierced cause they closed up but ehh too much work haha

CaseoftheEX
12-21-2006, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
I had regular piercings for about 10 years. A few months ago I decided I wanted something different. Instead of stretching the lobes, I went and just had these punched out.

For me, the size is fine. It may or may not close on it's own naturally. I'm not concerned. I have a good paying job that will only get better, and the holes in my ears make no difference.

This picture is a fresh shot when I got it done. Pretty swollen lobes. Today I can easily slide a pen through the hole. What is in my ear in the picture is more a retainer while healing. I just wear simple black hollow tubes that don't protrude like the retainers did.

It was pretty painfull, and the crunch my right ear made from the scar tissue break was loud. But like all pain...Mind over matter!!! that wasnt very smart - having your ears whole punched?

CaseoftheEX
12-21-2006, 02:44 AM
0 gauge? damn you wont be able to put anything through that.

The only bad thing about piercing is that you have to leave your earings in there for 6 months straight so it doesnt close up. yes thats right, even have to sleep with them on.

Kona9
12-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by CaseoftheEX
that wasnt very smart - having your ears whole punched?

I like how you have decided what was smart for me to do.:thumbsup:

In all reality, as most of you know, it wasn't a hole punch. It was a surgical needle the same size as the metal tube in the picture. It wasn't like there were two chunks of skin in the needle upon puncture. I already had piercing holes, so the needle really only stretched the hole to this size. It's not like it looks like I'm carrying dinner plates in my head.

The piercer mentioned that within time these holes should still be able to close. A good friend of mine had the same size and his closed up.

Like I said, I'm not concerned. If and when I decide that this is no longer for me, I will see if they close. If not, there is a surgical procedure to stitch em shut.

To each their own!

legendboy
12-21-2006, 09:44 AM
I peirced both my ears back in grade 9 when it was cool. Its probably been 10 years since I wore an earing.

I think they look retarded on guys now, unless your a pirate (or an ass pirate) :dunno:

adamc
12-21-2006, 11:36 AM
lol I got bashed pretty bad in this thread.

eh whatever, that was several years ago in that photo, and yeah I did look a bit like some boy band member.

that said.. anyone want an ass kicking from a dude with earrings? :whipped:

tabouli
12-21-2006, 11:46 AM
LOL @ putting a picture up

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Ive had my ears peirced for like 6 years , and no one has ever called it gay..

Then let me be the first: GAY

nos_efx
12-21-2006, 11:52 AM
How did wearing the earring on the right ear ever become labeled gay? Or is that just a figment of my imagination? :dunno:

I personally don't like them, IMO.

rony_espana
12-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by tabouli
LOL @ putting a picture up

Then let me be the first: GAY

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This threads hilarious!

Sparx
12-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I got two pericings in my left lobe that i did a bit over a month ago.
Same deal as everyone else they're not huge and flashy, just there to compliment the individual they're on :rofl: