PDA

View Full Version : coffee

TimG
12-21-2006, 10:41 AM
I've been using Kicking Horse coffee beans for a few months now and I really like it. I've tried 2nd Cup and Starbucks but Kicking Horse is my favorite right now (Grizzly Claw and Guatemalan).

What's your favourite bean right now?

Mo Squared
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Seems everyone has a Coffee thread starting, and I post the same answer everytime. Good Earth coffee has by far had the best aroma, and taste, of any coffee I have ever tried.

bulaian
12-21-2006, 11:27 AM
I should try that. At work here we brew Tim Horton's in our machine

tabouli
12-21-2006, 11:34 AM
I get the "free trade" stuff on campus to try and buy myself out of hell, but I brew Tim Hortons.

QuasarCav
12-21-2006, 11:35 AM
I like the darker blends from Second Cup.

Unfortunatly are receptionist manages the coffee supply in the office and she picks the cheapest shit she can find, tastes like brown water.

teggypimp95
12-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Im not much of a coffee drinker. But i enjoy Sunterra coffee vanilla nut.

ogpog
12-21-2006, 11:50 AM
I have a fantastic coffee machine I bought last spring, yet I have still continued my trend of going to through Tim Hortons Drive-Thru every morning instead of making my own.

kaput
12-21-2006, 12:07 PM

TimG
12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
i used to be a die hard Timmies fan, but it just doesn't taste the same anymore. When I was in school we bought one of the costco-sized drums of Foldgers and brewed that exclusively. now i guess i've turned into a coffee snob and will only buy beans :nut:

on a side note, is there a noticeable difference between the normal 2-blade coffee grinders and the more expensive types that have the 2 interlocking wheels that grind the beans. I know that the wheel type gives you much better control over the uniformity of the grind, but does it make *that* much of a difference in the taste of the coffee?

googlie_golfer
12-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Can any coffee pros recommend the best stuff to get in Costa Rica?

Whatever they are serving!!!!

Fabulous stuff in Costa Rica.

Sorry I can't be specific with a recomendation, but when I was there 15 years ago, we bought a bunch of beans at a grocery store that was 1/4 the price of the "special" stuff packaged for tourists. It was in a red and grey cellophane package and was amazing.

Haven't really had any bad Costa Rican coffee.

Cheers!

Googlie

E36M3
12-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I think it is impossible to get bad coffee in Costa Rica. I've tried most of the different kinds and loved every one of them.

On topic, I usually buy beans from from Peets in the states (all their espresso beans are fantastic) or Illy in Spain or anything from Cuba or Costa Rica.

Originally posted by kaput
Can any coffee pros recommend the best stuff to get in Costa Rica?

googlie_golfer
12-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by googlie_golfer

Sorry I can't be specific with a recomendation, but when I was there 15 years ago, we bought a bunch of beans at a grocery store that was 1/4 the price of the "special" stuff packaged for tourists. It was in a red and grey cellophane package and was amazing.

Googlie

OK - I remember now. Cinco Estrella was the brand name - in english that's "five star".

Feliz Navidad!

Googlie

Hydr0nik
12-24-2006, 06:29 PM
I like greek coffee. Its got a nice taste but not as easy to make as brewing a cup of regular joe...Nicer taste less acid in the beans but very tasty...
bravia is what i use(keep in mind i run greek resteraunts so it's easily accessable and easy to make there...)

A2VR6
12-25-2006, 04:27 PM
+1 for kicking horse, I love that stuff... Good Earth is really good too but Kicking horse is cheaper and just as good!

7thgenvic
12-25-2006, 04:33 PM
not a fan of starbux at all! beans always taste burnt.

kicking horse is good...i'll agree forsure.