PDA

View Full Version : Stolen, Smashed, Returned...

V-Ride
12-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey guys!

My girlfriend's Civic was stolen in NE Monterey area last night around 3am (Dec 20). Too bad they drove about half a block away, hit a patch of ice and slammed into the rear left bumper of this huge truck. City wide towing charged us $50 bucks to tow it 10 houses down as well.

The cops are saying this past month a LARGE number of civics have been stolen all over the city and not enough leads. If anyone has heard or knows of anything I would appreciate the help. She only has Liability so its not covered by insurance.

Description:
1995 Honda Civic Hatch back
automatic
Baby metallic blue (pretty rare)
Stock everything else

P.s Keep an eye on your vehicles this time of year.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Shitty... I live in monterey... have a blue civic as well... time to start parking in the garage again... any pics of the damage? how bad was it?

78si
12-21-2006, 11:02 PM
All civics/integras need protection ( alarm and club).. Your car will be stolen!! Kids are bragging about stealing 90+ cars.. They are not scared of the consequences.:thumbsdow

Spatz
12-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by 78si
All civics/integras need protection ( alarm and club).. Your car will be stolen!! Kids are bragging about stealing 90+ cars.. They are not scared of the consequences.:thumbsdow

true dat, all the wiggers at my school steal integras and civics but the brown guys always beat them up and take them hahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Loud-N-Clear
12-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by 78si

:werd: I park my teg in the garage everynight and I still spent $800 on an alarm. Sorry to hear about tha whole situation though, that's real shitty.

tapout
12-22-2006, 12:16 PM
fucking crooks :guns:

?????
12-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Probably the same retards that wrapped themselves around that pole.

Whitetiger
12-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope those dinks get what they deserve.

slickk
12-22-2006, 12:59 PM
...bastards...

trieu
12-22-2006, 01:39 PM
hey, my cousin called the cops about that car, it was smashed right by his hosue :eek:

jdm_eg6
12-22-2006, 01:55 PM
thats soo stupid, they are young punks too! wtf like seriously! its rediculus. As citizens we should have more power against this kind of stuff, like owning them with a large shovel of sorts haha or anything. Anyway i hope kids just realize this is BS and one day they are going to kill somone or themselves. these people are drinking in these cars, doing drugs, and speeding excessivly. Its rediculus and if cought should be charged with carless use of a dangerous weapon to keep them in jail for longer!! they get maaaybe a few months if that for it... tsk tsk

oh well, i just hope kids like that dont procreate.

RotaryPower
12-22-2006, 09:59 PM
There's this tool @ my school that steals tegs/civics ect... even in broad daylight...

and then drives them to school

/SMACK:guns: :banghead:

Supa Dexta
12-22-2006, 10:46 PM
get that christmas bonus!^ (http://www.crimestoppers.org/)

V-Ride
12-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by trieu
hey, my cousin called the cops about that car, it was smashed right by his hosue :eek:

Yeah that was it. They took off about 10 houses slid on a patch of ice and smashed your cousins ride. Tell your cuz we said thanks for calling the cops. i hope their covered.

Didn't the kid/kids who stole the white civic in taradale die? no pity for them or their families. Play with fire and you get burnt.

Cruz
12-24-2006, 03:25 PM
The feeling of being violated is sometimes worse than the inconvenience of the theft itself. You and your girlfriend have my sympathy.

h_s
12-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
Shitty... I live in monterey... have a blue civic as well... time to start parking in the garage again... any pics of the damage? how bad was it?

same here.. i live in monterey as well and drive a 92 civic hatch, good thing i parked my car in my garage in marlborough park for the winter...

i remember this one asshole in an eg6 that i raced on 68th street..(of course i took him) we pulled over, checked each others cars out and when i pulled away i was afraid this douche was following me to scope me out... after a bunch of pointless lefts and rights on california blvd i went back on 68th street and finally this fucker stopped following me... i drove around for a half an hour and parked in my alley just to be safe... im pretty confident when it comes to stealing my car... there is no door handles (inside and out), and a fuel cut-off.. its totally theft proof... worst case scenario i lose my deck..(but damn sure their getting cut in the process)

unfortunately i have to admit that it is waaay too easy to steal a honda.... drop the steering column, 2 screws and you can fire it up, its the steering lock that is a bitch to get past... alarm??? no problem for thiefs.. come in through the passenger side door and disconnect the propper wires

TeamBestBud
12-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by V-Ride

Didn't the kid/kids who stole the white civic in taradale die? no pity for them or their families. Play with fire and you get burnt.

U gotta be fucking kidding me. No pity for their families? What did the parents do wrong?

Originally posted by h_s

i remember this one asshole in an eg6 that i raced on 68th street..(of course i took him) we pulled over,

Might wanna look into a flame suit. btw, im surprised the cops didnt pull u over after this one:rolleyes:, and more surprised i didn't hear about this one of your whiny ass threads on beyond.

:rolleyes:

Nissanaddict
12-25-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Cruz
The feeling of being violated is sometimes worse than the inconvenience of the theft itself. You and your girlfriend have my sympathy.

So many people on this site don't understand that (and say 'it's not that bad, insurance covers it, blah blah blah)

asifka
12-25-2006, 02:41 AM
i feel for u man.
exactly wat happened to my freind. 98 civic got jacked around 1am(couple months ago). cops found it around 4am at bonaventure drive. damage was over $1000. lesson we learn was if u buy civic please buy theft/fire insurance;)

djayz
12-25-2006, 03:06 AM
sucks to hear this. I had my first experience with a break in about a month back...luckily it was just my pos van that they broke into but they opened the garage with the opener and my car was in there. Definately didnt feel right knowing that someone was in my garage and could have easily come into my house. Only thing taken was some change from the ashtray but the inconvienance of having a broken window and the feeling that someone uninvited went through your shit just feels weird. :thumbsdow to theives and their stupid heads.

Graham_A_M
12-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
Shitty... I live in monterey... have a blue civic as well... time to start parking in the garage again...

or move out of your parents house! (jokes) :rofl:

Civics are very high on the "stolen" list because they're so easy to rip apart and sell on a "parts" value.
I think they rate right up there with the Z4 in terms of 'most commonly stolen'

V-Ride
12-30-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud
[B]

U gotta be fucking kidding me. No pity for their families? What did the parents do wrong?

Have you ever stolen a car? Stabbed anyone? broken into a house? I've never done any of this or anything else remotely close to this. I'm not a saint but i know what's right and wrong. My parents taught me that.

I understand if the kids were hit by a drunk driver or a car crossed the meridian and ran into them head on, my sympathy for sure; but when you go and steal someone else's car, drive the shits out it and wrap yourself around a telephone pole well too fucking bad for you.

TeamBestBud
12-30-2006, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by V-Ride

Have you ever stolen a car? Stabbed anyone? broken into a house? I've never done any of this or anything else remotely close to this. I'm not a saint but i know what's right and wrong. My parents taught me that.

I understand if the kids were hit by a drunk driver or a car crossed the meridian and ran into them head on, my sympathy for sure; but when you go and steal someone else's car, drive the shits out it and wrap yourself around a telephone pole well too fucking bad for you.

Did theyre parents tell them to go out and steal a fucking car? nope. But theyre the ones suffering right now at his bedside while he fights for his life and they dunt deserve that. Theyve always done whats right for him and if him and his buddy made a mistake, they made a mistake. I dunt see ur point in blaming his parents for raising him wrong. Theyre fucking kids and they do stupid things not realizing the consequences and sadly they caught up to him real quick.