PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a new smartphone!

Gondi Stylez
12-22-2006, 05:09 AM
I have come to the conclusion that combing my phone and my PDA is the way to go so I am in the market for a smartphone but am in no real rush!

I would like some good day planner features, BT, Wi-fi, QWERTY keyboard, etc. but I am pretty flexable on some stuff....

Here are some that I am looking at but feel free to add some more that I may be interested.

In no particular order:

1. Blackberry Pearl
2. Blackberry 8700
3. Blackberry 7130
4. Sony Ericsson P990i
5. T-Mobile Dash AKA HTC Excalibur

I am leaning towards the SE because I love the looks and functionality of it but I have also heard great things about the Blackberrys. CNET reviews all the phones pretty well (8.0+) but the SE is far and above the most expensive at $700 so that is pretty shitty. I have to double check but I think all the phones I listed have full BT capability with my OEM Audi Nav system that I will be installing nect summer so I don't want to go out and get a new phone and have it not be fully BT functional with my Nav system.

Thanks!

Gondi Stylez
12-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Nobody uses a handheld?!

redevil
12-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Right now I have an older HP iPaq h6125. I'm waiting for Rogers to get the Palm 700w with the windows o/s. That is the o/s that my HP has right now and I like it a lot. Not to familiar with the Blackberry platform or SE one.

I am also looking for something that has to have Wi-fi, so handy to have.