PDA

View Full Version : s2000 interior cramped?

eur0
12-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I have sat in an ap2 and find the interior to be cozy (I am 6'3), I have read numerous articles on honda-tech about how ap1s actually have less room. Is this true?

What about with a hard-top?

I have seen a few s2k's driving around the city the last couple weeks and every time I see one with a hard top the driver looks so confined and cramped.

SuPhistiKatEd
12-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Well, what'd you expect for a 2 seater?

Indeed though, you are right. The AP2 I found to be very cramped, and I'm 6'0.

I'm not sure if you're an Infiniti fan, but try the G35c, if you want a fun and somewhat roomy sports car.

2.2vtec
12-23-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm 5'9 and I thought the s2000 interior was VERY cramped. It's a cool cockpit feeling to it though but I can see it being annoying if you drive it everyday.

ryce_boii
12-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey i'm about 5'10 and i find that driving in the S2k as a daily driver really isn't that bad its quite comfortable

Zephyr
12-23-2006, 02:42 PM
i thought the ap1 was rather cozy..and im 6'1":dunno:

Teggy2nr
12-23-2006, 02:49 PM
im 6'2 and i sat in a ap2 with the top down so i didnt know about head room but i felt like i was wearing the car i loved it . the stick was in the perfect spot and every thing was situated around the driver perfect. it is probably my favorite interior of all the cars ive been it

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-23-2006, 02:58 PM
5'11" the passenger seat was comfortable, and even though i only sat in the drivers seat if was very comfy.

Not sure about the AP1 vs the AP2 but I believe it was a 2005 s2k

euro_racer
12-23-2006, 03:00 PM
i never understood it when people would say that about the s2k but im 6 foot 220lbs and i found the car pretty comfy :dunno:

kevie88
12-23-2006, 03:19 PM
It's awesome.. if youre used to an F-350 you're going to find it small, but it's nothing you won't get used to. It's a fantastic car and a ton of fun to drive, if a little slow.

eur0
12-23-2006, 05:27 PM
What is it like with the top up?

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-23-2006, 05:35 PM
EDIT: Sorry, thought you said top down..

It's cozy... sorta of odd, because of the material. I'm sure hard top would give a much more solid feeling.

carzcraz
12-23-2006, 05:42 PM
My S2000 has significantly better headroom (even with the top up) than my old CL-S for my fiance. It is pretty crampy when it comes to his legs though (he's 6'3).

I have no complaints though, as I'm only 5'2

:thumbsup:

whiskas
12-23-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm 6'4" and don't fit into most Japanese 2 seaters. The miata with the seat all the way back and the steering wheel all the way up still pins my knee against the dashboard so I can't reach the clutch. I actually needed help to get out of it, I had to open the door, put my hands on the ground beside the car and kind of pull/crawl my way out that way.

I can barely fit into the S2000 but I can't move any of the pedals without bumping or rubbing my knees into the dashboard or steering wheel.

On the other hand I fit fine in a Solstice and 350Z.

Impreza
12-23-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm 5'11" and I find that the AP1 is pretty cozy. I am pretty skinny so I don't feel cramped at all, it almost feels just perfect :angel: Not many people enjoy the interior of the S2000, but I find that it is great, it is definetly driver oriented and focusses greatly on the driving experience.

A2VR6
12-23-2006, 06:34 PM
When I sat in one with the top up I felt that it fit PERFECTLY. Im 5''9 and it fit like a glove. I love the driving position in those cars.

SilverBoost
12-24-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by whiskas
I'm 6'4" and don't fit into most Japanese 2 seaters. The miata with the seat all the way back and the steering wheel all the way up still pins my knee against the dashboard so I can't reach the clutch. I actually needed help to get out of it, I had to open the door, put my hands on the ground beside the car and kind of pull/crawl my way out that way.

I can barely fit into the S2000 but I can't move any of the pedals without bumping or rubbing my knees into the dashboard or steering wheel.

On the other hand I fit fine in a Solstice and 350Z.

Yeah I had a friend who had a miata. He was a pretty big guy. He had a big melon too..... I told him that his side profile when he was sitting in it looked like a McDonalds Happy Meal Toy.

:D

As for the S2K, I don't think anyone can argue that a spacious interior isn't one of it's selling points. You either fit in it and love it, or you don't. And personally, if I don't like the way I fit in a car I can't see myself ownign one. It takes me forever to microadjust my seats to that perfect seating position evry time I happen to move it or take them out for cleaning or work on the car.

BigMass
12-24-2006, 10:29 AM
The worst part about the S2000 is the non-tilt steering wheel. Everything else including the headroom is fine but the wheel hits my thighs. Fortunately its an easy thing to fix. Just buy a Momo or Sparco with a flat bottom.

rc2002
12-24-2006, 12:08 PM
I found it to be quite cramped inside. One of the big things that turned me off them was the lack of room both in the cabin and inside the trunk. If you were carrying a passenger you wouldn't be able to use the cabin for storage, which I always do.

BigMass
12-24-2006, 12:10 PM
personally i found the S2000 trunk bigger than i expected. I mean how much carrying capacity do you expect from a small roadster?

rc2002
12-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Well enough to carry a couple of sets of golf clubs at least. But that's a good point - my 350Z didn't really have enough room for that either mostly because of that non-removable stupid rear strut tower bar.

Tuner1
12-24-2006, 12:21 PM
The S2000 is supposed to fit like a glove! If you don't like snug interiors the S2000 (AP1 or AP2) isn't for you but one can hardly call this a fault in the car, it is part of the design an appeal for most of us :) I am 6'2 and have driven S2000s on multi-hour road trips and at the track with my helmet on with no issues. Overall the car has lots of space for the driver and passenger, just no extra space for storing items and carrying stuff. An opposite example is the R129 Mercedes ('90> SL) which has far more interior volume but anyone over about 6' tall will find their legs smashed into the lower knee bolsters on the dash...uncomfortable!

If I didn't love my BMW so much I would own an S2000 :thumbsup:

Rob

shadowz
12-26-2006, 12:04 PM
^^^

Totally right, there is just enough room for my girlfriend and I to sit in, but when theres additional stuff like bags or groceries the car becomes usless, i drove mine to Winnipeg and no issues

4doorj
12-27-2006, 04:33 PM
i drove mine to seattle... non stop both ways!!!
i loved it!!!!
but it might be because i fit into it perfectly....
alot of s2000 owners complain but i love it alot!
i could go on a weeks trip and be c omfortable in it
but just have to pack lightly for the trunk...haha

xviper
12-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Tuner1
The S2000 is supposed to fit like a glove! If you don't like snug interiors the S2000 (AP1 or AP2) isn't for you but one can hardly call this a fault in the car, it is part of the design an appeal for most of us :) I am 6'2 and have driven S2000s on multi-hour road trips and at the track with my helmet on with no issues. Overall the car has lots of space for the driver and passenger, just no extra space for storing items and carrying stuff.
Exactly! A true sports car is "worn like a glove", like a cockpit, where everything is close at hand and holds the driver in snugly. You actually expect to drive a Barcalounger? :nut:
Trunk space in an S2000 is not an issue for me. You simply put all the tools into a bag and shove it above the spare tire, remove the foam tray and you have a relatively spaceous trunk.

4doorj
12-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by xviper

You simply put all the tools into a bag and shove it above the spare tire, remove the foam tray and you have a relatively spaceous trunk.
:werd:
but i used that space already for a sub and amp:D
but i belelive u can stock two sets of golf clubs in the trunk

Tuner1
12-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by xviper
You simply put all the tools into a bag and shove it above the spare tire, remove the foam tray and you have a relatively spaceous trunk.

Tools :nut: :dunno: it's a Honda!!!!!!

Rob

arian_ma
12-29-2006, 05:56 PM
I think it's great. I am 6 feet tall but not that big and I can't imagine driving in any other seat now.
I think how cramped you will feel will be directly proportional to how wide you are though :dunno:

xviper
12-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Tuner1

Tools :nut: :dunno: it's a Honda!!!!!!

Rob
You know, the ones you need to change a flat tire when you run over a beer bottle. ;)

SilverStreak
12-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Yup, fits like a glove indeed!
I've fit two golf bags in the truck before as well and you can fit a 158-165 cm snowboard in the cabin if you really wanted to.
It is a sports car, not a grocery getter, even though you can pack still a lot of groceries in the trunk. Keeping crap in the cabin like bags and stuff when there are two people is undesireable, stick it in the trunk.

Originally posted by 4doorj

:werd:
but i used that space already for a sub and amp:D
but i belelive u can stock two sets of golf clubs in the trunk