PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Tan, Feels frontend Turbo Precidia??

topher91
05-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Anyone seen this thing?? Can't say anything nice about how it looks but I swear I can hear his BOV chirping 4 cars ahead of me!!!:eek: I see him all the time in the NE around Falconridge area and on McKnight.

topher91
05-14-2003, 11:51 PM
U in here too guy?? Or does anybody know him??

Wildcat
05-14-2003, 11:53 PM
what color is it?? is it like a "bone white" with a ricey kit?

if yes, than i have seen it

topher91
05-14-2003, 11:57 PM
Ya bone white.....Tan?? dunno......looks like to me it has yet to be painted??!!

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by topher91
Ya bone white.....Tan?? dunno......looks like to me it has yet to be painted??!!

nooo its been painted forsure, ive never seen that shade of MX3, but ya ive seen that car in shawnessy once (i was dropping of videos at blockbuster, lol), it has a pretty big blow-off valve by the sounds of it... i wunder if its quick, maybe he is on the board

ecstasy_civic
05-15-2003, 12:08 AM
ya guys, its called primer. its getting painted very soon.
and yes it is turbo and very fast.

that ricey kit you call it, its a civic feels front bumper matched up with mazda protege headlights, and the rear bumper is a brand new FX designs piece.

no hes not on this board, but me and ecstasyracer are quite good friends with him.

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
and yes it is turbo and very fast.

that ricey kit you call it, its a civic feels front bumper matched up with mazda protege headlights, and the rear bumper is a brand new FX designs piece.

no hes not on this board, but me and ecstasyracer are quite good friends with him.

well whatevr it has on it, it sounded pretty damn good

ecstasy_civic
05-15-2003, 12:25 AM
yes it does;)

James
05-15-2003, 01:37 AM
Nicest and fastest Precidia i have ever seen, thats for sure. :thumbsup:

lammer
05-15-2003, 08:39 AM
yup i like his car. i see it up in the NE all the time.

2k3Elantra_GT
05-15-2003, 09:34 AM
I think that car was beside me on 14th i reved at him and he reved back no BOV heard, altho he might not have reved hard enough to casue enough pressure for the BOV. It was Bone white Colour almost looked like chalkboard paint. his muffler was anoying!! and it was only the 16valve engine. Too bad he turned on to John laurie i would have wanted to give him a run for his money :)

topher91
05-15-2003, 10:22 AM

What color is he gonna paint it?? Is it the V6 Mx3 he's got turbo'd?

rice_eater
05-15-2003, 10:38 AM
i remember when the post was alive before someone said it had an engine swap done...

ConVict
05-15-2003, 10:49 AM
I wish people could back up how fast something this. If someone says YA its fast, How fast is that ? I know people who say their stock civics are fast... So I am just wondering when you say fast, compare it to something :D

2k3Elantra_GT
05-15-2003, 10:49 AM
You can Plainly hear it's a 16Valve it's no V6. you can hear that engine Tick + look at the Exhaust it's not big enough for a v6 it's only like 2.0" or 2.25" not a 3"'er if this was the same car i was beside the other day :)

No.not.again
05-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Too bad he turned on to John laurie i would have wanted to give him a run for his money

:rofl: nuff said

Yeah, I've see the car in the NE also...took off at the lights and it looked pretty damn fast. :thumbsup: :hitit:

ecstasyracer
05-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 2k3Elantra_GT
You can Plainly hear it's a 16Valve it's no V6. you can hear that engine Tick + look at the Exhaust it's not big enough for a v6 it's only like 2.0" or 2.25" not a 3"'er if this was the same car i was beside the other day :)

It's not just the stock 16 valve engine. I posted a link in this other thread about what engine is swapped into it.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14468&highlight=custom

topher91
05-15-2003, 10:59 AM
How much did it cost to mod his 16v MX3?? I mean engine (turbo) wise?? Ecstacy, do u know the specs to his ride??

ecstasyracer
05-15-2003, 11:05 AM
topher91: it cost quite a bit to ship the engine from japan and get it swapped in etc. Not an easy project.

Convict: He should be running at race city on friday if you want to see exaclty how fast it is.

2k3Elantra_GT
05-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Hmmm would be interested to see how it runs...

ecstasy_civic
05-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Too bad he turned on to John laurie i would have wanted to give him a run for his money

lol run for his money:clap:
no offence against your car, but he walks on wrx's and cobras lol

CRXguy
05-15-2003, 12:21 PM

lol run for his money:clap:
no offence against your car, but he walks on wrx's and cobras lol

Interesting. :poosie:

ecstasy_civic
05-15-2003, 12:23 PM
ya you should race him on friday night. it would be good:thumbsup:

2k3Elantra_GT
05-15-2003, 12:35 PM
LOL from the sound of his muffler... he didnt sound like he had power especialy since it was not a V6 under the hood i know what the V6 precidia's sound like my X had one she also had Exhaust and intake it was a quick car and sounded Dammm good this car that was beside me on 14th sounded like shit might have looked good but yeah BTW he had a Gauge pod on his A-piller
couldent get a close look at it.

ecstasy_civic
05-15-2003, 12:37 PM
it would have been funny had you tried to race him, damn those cheap sounding cars:rolleyes:

Initial-D-Nerd
05-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
I wish people could back up how fast something this. If someone says YA its fast, How fast is that ? I know people who say their stock civics are fast... So I am just wondering when you say fast, compare it to something :D

I heard that a stock MazdaSpeed Protege beat it :rolleyes:

rice_eater
05-15-2003, 02:06 PM
so i go on the website you guys gave where they have the info on the BPD engine. Of course whoever did the site didnt bother to add the values in hp and lb/ft...so i busted out the formulas and the calculator and this is what i got:

HP=182
Torque=177.12

Someone please verify this coz if i'm right this car isn't impressive AT ALL and i can believe how a mazdaspeed protege could beat it since it has about the same power...

Here's the formulas i used

hp= killowatts * .0013*1000 so...
hp=140*0.0013*1000
hp=182

Torque= Newton Meters * .738 so...
Torque= 240*.738
Torque=177.12

If i'm right then i'm sorry but that car really isn't THAT fast at all :thumbsdow But i'll let you guys check it out. I got the conversion formulas from the Haynes manual so i dont see how they would be wrong but then again...

ecstasyracer
05-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
[B]so i go on the website you guys gave where they have the info on the BPD engine. Of course whoever did the site didnt bother to add the values in hp and lb/ft...so i busted out the formulas and the calculator and this is what i got:

HP=182
Torque=177.12

Yeah 182hp stock. So lets see a large front mount intercooler, plus higher than stock boost, intake, full exhuast and your trying to tell me its not that impressive. Plus the car is fairly light too.

jdmakkord
05-15-2003, 03:23 PM
LOL from the sound of his muffler... he didnt sound like he had power especialy since it was not a V6 under the hood i know what the V6 precidia's sound like my X had one she also had Exhaust and intake it was a quick car and sounded Dammm good this car that was beside me on 14th sounded like shit might have looked good but yeah BTW he had a Gauge pod on his A-piller
couldent get a close look at it.

Turbo cars are generally quiet, and dont sound like your typical hyundai elantra! :rolleyes: Yes, it would walk all over your car, wrx or cobra, I'm not quite sure but time slips will tell.

rice_eater
05-15-2003, 03:59 PM
i was only talking about the engine in STOCK form. I have no idea what else he did to it coz no one said! How much boost is he running?

Weapon_R
05-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Word is he used prelude sideskirts for the kit...can anyone verify?

ecstasy_civic
05-15-2003, 04:05 PM
yes molded prelude side skirts,
and rice eater, everytime we have an answer for you, you seem to backtrack your answers so you dont look wrong.

jdmakkord is right, time slips will tell.

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Sounds like all this is hear-say..... anyone got his # so we can get this car Dyno'ed and Track tested ! i still say there's no V6 under that hood. at Idle that thing Ticks like a time bomb. i was right beside it at the light with my passenger window open. + he Snubed me when said "Cool car".

topher91
05-16-2003, 09:08 AM
+ he Snubed me when said "Cool car".
I hate ppl like that......:thumbsdow
Just say thanx dammit!!!

2000impreza
05-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Sounds like all this is hear-say..... anyone got his # so we can get this car Dyno'ed and Track tested ! i still say there's no V6 under that hood. at Idle that thing Ticks like a time bomb. i was right beside it at the light with my passenger window open. + he Snubed me when said "Cool car".

ticks like a time bomb? wtf are you talking about? i've seen this car around and seems to run fine..

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 09:16 AM
It sounded like it had no oil.... Tick, Tick, Tick , Tick tick tick almost like a 92 dodge Neon *lifter prob* with no Oil. and there wasnt a Neon at the light just me him and a Rav-4 behind him. i dont know that's what i heard... Maybe we'er talking about a diffrent car...

this was a Bone white with body kit 17or 18" wheels the BEEEEEEEEEEEE type muffler and gauge pod on his A_piller.

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Elantra that could be any mx-3. You guys talk to much about this car...Third time its been brought up.

:zzz:

ecstasy_civic
05-16-2003, 10:12 AM

first thing, hes not the kind of guy to snub you unless your acting like you hot shit, second if you could read, the website you got all hte numbers from says in plain english, its a 4 BANGER turbo:thumbsup:

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 10:30 AM
well someone posted he was a V6 and i kept saying no and somone kept saying Yes... and i wasnt acting like anything my window was open i looked over he looked over and i said " Cool car" he just staired at me then looked forward. i was like Hmmm okay either he didnt hear me or he's snubing me. i didnt have my stereo on and i didnt hear anything comming from his car. as we were leaving the light i gave it a bit of gas he did the same and i almost burst out laughing at the sound of his muffler. the turned on to John Laurie i kept going stright down 14th. that's all it was.

ecstasy_civic
05-16-2003, 10:34 AM
hmmm, now you know it is a 4 cylinder turbo and he car sounds really nice, possibly not him, theres anohter guy i believe going to try the same swap. but it sure sounds like his car. anyways. im done in this thread

free to close at any point:thumbsup:

kenny
05-16-2003, 10:42 AM
This car looks and sounds good, saw it once on 32nd :)

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Well then i guess i was sitting beside someone else.... BTW it was a bigger Bone-ded guy in the drivers seat.... same guy?

2.2vtec
05-16-2003, 11:32 AM
i saw this car on mcknight yesterday and I swear you hear that blowoff valve from 10 cars away. Sounds Good:thumbsup:

topher91
05-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
i saw this car on mcknight yesterday and I swear you hear that blowoff valve from 10 cars away. Sounds Good:thumbsup:
Seeee!??!! Fuggin loud BOV eh??:thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
05-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Well then i guess i was sitting beside someone else.... BTW it was a bigger Bone-ded guy in the drivers seat.... same guy?

lol ya hes a big guy:rofl:

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Maybe next time i see him i'll ask him how much Boost he's running :) and see how much he'll kick my ass :) my car is not fast by anymeans :) ive been in way faster namely my fathers 300zx_TT Stillen Stage 8 which is not currently on the road due to us rolling it in aug of 99 still in the garage :) anyone got 32k it's for sale :) engine port matched Blue printed Turbo upgrade all kinds of stuff :).. Stillen GTZ urithane body kit + Track wheels, Street wheels New t_tops No front or rear glass , frame needs to be pulled but it's got simpson 5 point harnesses whole car was reupholstered hmmm maybe i'll takes some pics they'er trying to sell it peice by peice through aforadble auto wrecking/recyling but if anyone is serious they could call T&M appraisle services.

That roll over is the reason why our family now uses 4 and 5 Point harnesses in our Daily drivers :) safest crash ive ever been in :)

2000impreza
05-16-2003, 01:17 PM
i was told he's boosting 15psi.

Initial-D-Nerd
05-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Maybe next time i see him i'll ask him how much Boost he's running :) and see how much he'll kick my ass :) my car is not fast by anymeans :) ive been in way faster namely my fathers 300zx_TT Stillen Stage 8 which is not currently on the road due to us rolling it in aug of 99 still in the garage :) anyone got 32k it's for sale :) engine port matched Blue printed Turbo upgrade all kinds of stuff :).. Stillen GTZ urithane body kit + Track wheels, Street wheels New t_tops No front or rear glass , frame needs to be pulled but it's got simpson 5 point harnesses whole car was reupholstered hmmm maybe i'll takes some pics they'er trying to sell it peice by peice through aforadble auto wrecking/recyling but if anyone is serious they could call T&M appraisle services.

That roll over is the reason why our family now uses 4 and 5 Point harnesses in our Daily drivers :) safest crash ive ever been in :)

Post some pics plz :thumbsup:

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 01:53 PM
http://www.members.shaw.ca/ahtc/300/MVC-003F.JPG
<br>
http://www.members.shaw.ca/ahtc/300/MVC-004F.JPG
<br>
http://www.members.shaw.ca/ahtc/300/MVC-005F.JPG
<BR>
http://www.members.shaw.ca/ahtc/300/MVC-006F.JPG
<BR>
http://www.members.shaw.ca/ahtc/300/MVC-007F.JPG
<BR>
http://www.members.shaw.ca/ahtc/300/MVC-008F.JPG

that's all that i can take at the moment it's got a car cover half way over it + stuff piled on top. too many parts in the garage to get a side view. but yeah it's for sale murray was with the Exoctic car club back in 99 as well as another club dont know which one that was but yeah

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 02:10 PM
Ohh yeah one of the intercoolers was dammaged in the impact so it will have to be replaced...

ecstasyracer
05-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i was told he's boosting 15psi.
He will be today or in a few days when the boost controller gets installed. Currently its at 10-11psi.

b16Ateg
05-28-2003, 07:24 PM
i talked to the guy before when his car was orange or some shit like that and he was all talk about how is sides were prelude skirts... and he had a fx designs gay front bumper on it... the guy goes to millinenum or something... thats were i talked to him about his precidia... he raced pat and lost ... but if he takes off those rims he would run better...

itsnotaDUB
05-30-2003, 01:37 AM
y is this thread still open?, is the driver of this car a member of beyond?, all i see is his friends talking for him??????

lammer
05-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
y is this thread still open?, is the driver of this car a member of beyond?, all i see is his friends talking for him??????

If he was a member don't you thikn he would of said something by now?

Seanith
05-30-2003, 08:28 PM
i give him props on the protege headlights..they look good
looks like they are from the 4 door variety though
he should of got some from a protege 5 since they are black housings