PDA

View Full Version : Safari Grill

Kritafo
12-24-2006, 10:40 AM
So before our fun to the Childrens hospital for a fractured finger we were up near the Safari Grill and gave it a try.
It's at #100 255-28th st SE is where the Panoek House was.

It is a fusion restaurant. East African and East Indian and western.We had Pilipi fries to start, just having the kids with us they love fries.

Kids ordered spicey chicken which they both enjoyed hubby and I got the BBQ combo platter with spicey corn, masala, and garlic naan. It was fantatic. It was chicken, beef, and shrimp skewers. 1/2 BBQ chicken, and beef ribs.
It was definately more than a 2 person meal, but you never know until you go how much there will be
We took home a bunch of meat. But still finished off with deserts, Gulab Heaven, and Gulab Jamun and Chai's.

Everything was about $75.00 there were very attentive, it was a cozy atmosphere.

They have a take out menu and cater, hours are decent open until 11 pm most nights but I would call, they open at all different times during the weekend. Weekdays are 11:30

Mo Squared
12-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Mind if i ask if you are of east indian decent, becasue their food is spicy, and when I took my friends who were less accustomed to spicy foods they definetly were feeling teh effects for a couple of days?

Kritafo
12-24-2006, 12:49 PM
haha! we are Anglo-Caucasian decent. But we are into spicey food, my son he eats the chili sauce like ketchup.
Funny when I grew up my parents didn't eat anything spicey then I made some friends from India and they got me hooked.

kylemitz
12-24-2006, 01:10 PM
mmm sounds good. Might just have to give it a try someday!!

EK 2.0
12-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Being an East African/East Indian individual...I have to say this place is not that great. A better option would have been Tiffin which is just up the street from there next to China Rose.

Most of the items from Safari are available from Tiffin, at better prices, and more flavour. The only thing that Safari has going for it IMHO is the atmosphere...its is as you say "cozier" at Safari.

Now I want some Gluab Jamun...time to go over to my mommy's haha...

TeamBestBud
12-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Fuck, i love gulab jamun.:love:

Kritafo
12-24-2006, 02:35 PM
great to know of other places. Nice to mix it up..I just had the Gulab Jamun and I want more. I don't have the luxery of running to my mom though. Lucky for you guys that have their parents around. Not that my mom would even have a clue what it was!

R!zz0
12-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Being an East African/East Indian individual...I have to say this place is not that great. A better option would have been Tiffin which is just up the street from there next to China Rose.

Most of the items from Safari are available from Tiffin, at better prices, and more flavour. The only thing that Safari has going for it IMHO is the atmosphere...its is as you say "cozier" at Safari.

Now I want some Gluab Jamun...time to go over to my mommy's haha...

True to what Arif said.

You have to be very careful about what you order cuz he tends to rip alot of people off with the bill he'll add $10-$15 or maybe more to the bill if you're not careful. I'd take tiffin hands down and their butter chicken rocks. :drool:

EK 2.0
12-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
great to know of other places. Nice to mix it up..I just had the Gulab Jamun and I want more. I don't have the luxery of running to my mom though. Lucky for you guys that have their parents around. Not that my mom would even have a clue what it was!

hahaha...anytime I want anything remotely East Indian it's off to mommy I go haha...

Unfortunately I was so immersed with it when I was younger that I kind of loathe the food now...but no one makes it like mommy haha...:drool:

Kritafo
12-31-2006, 01:05 AM
funny when we went our bill was much less because they forgot to add the 2 kids meals we ordered at Safari.

rm777
01-01-2007, 10:10 PM
I was at Tiffin this past weekend and it was really good.

lilqt23
01-31-2007, 12:40 PM
BEST RIBS!!!
gengeni chicken is good too.

try the julab heaven desert! hehe lol

naheed187
01-31-2007, 06:28 PM
safari grill is so good

Kritafo
03-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Well, we headed to this place for a second time. We had company in town that like spicy food and we had a good experience the first time.

Second time,
Service sucked. I am not sure if the service was because their was some sort of party going on. Sounded like someone came back into town and they were all getting back together. They kept blowing a whistle. The music was way to loud. The food wasn't as good the second time either.

We decided on Safari based on taste and it was very quiet last time we went. We expected the same. We might as well took our company to a bar and screamed into his ear all night. It made the entire meal suck.

As far as price. I couldn't tell you if he ripped me off I only got the total not with a breakdown of what we ordered. Unfortunately we probably won' be going back any time soon.

But we will try the Punjab Sweets next. Hopefully we will do that before the end of the month.

hussein
03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Went there last nite. Had the ribs for an appetizer. So good. :drool: