PDA

View Full Version : People have GOT to learn how to brake!

rage2
05-15-2003, 12:39 AM
Man, stopped at an intersection, and see this big ass SUV flying towards me. I was helpless :(. Here's the SUV that should be removed from the roads for good. Not a scratch on her. Fucking Mazda ZOOM ZOOM! :guns:

rage2
05-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Here's my poor baby all scratched to hell.

rage2
05-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Trunk was caved in and stuck. But have no fear, after a bit of abuse (hey it's fucked anyways), the top was retracted after some manual intervention, and the trunk was forced closed. Ready for the track!!!

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 12:42 AM
WTF? that didnt happen today after the meet did it?

rage2
05-15-2003, 12:42 AM
Before the meet. It's not too obvious so you can't really see it unless you're up close, but the trunk is stuck either open or closed.

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 12:44 AM
oucch, like right before the meet? i didnt notice at all, you car was looking good :thumbsup:

speedracer
05-15-2003, 12:45 AM
I was wondering about that when I saw the rear end at the 403 meet. :(

Sky
05-15-2003, 12:45 AM
geez.....she/he better be paying big bucks to fix ur car... hope u didn't get any injury or some kind of whiplash on ur neck.....

damn...I have always been scared of ppl running in to me from behind..some day I might just be helpless like u...even though I often check my rearview mirror....

rage2
05-15-2003, 12:46 AM
hehe thanks. Yea, this was right before I arrived at the meet. Didn't you see me fiddle with the roof? Had to trick the computer into thinking the trunk was closed so the roof would go back up.

Wildcat
05-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by rage2
hehe thanks. Yea, this was right before I arrived at the meet. Didn't you see me fiddle with the roof? Had to trick the computer into thinking the trunk was closed so the roof would go back up.

lol, ya i saw u slam the trunk a few times... hehe

CalgaryB5
05-15-2003, 12:50 AM
Will it dump fault code on the computer?

Ben
05-15-2003, 12:54 AM
damn, expensive fuck up, but damn happy no injury or serious damage.

A client of my dads was rear ended today in his Jetta 1.8T by some guy doing 90km/h. There was no trunk! No injury at all whch was a plus. But the car was toast.

5.9 R/T
05-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Shitty man! Just be glad it was a cute ute and not an Expedition or some other useless behemoth that regularly terrorize our streets, usually with big metal bush guards.

James
05-15-2003, 01:52 AM
Shitty deal....good that there were no injuries....except to the car :thumbsdow

RiCE-DaDDy
05-15-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Sky
damn...I have always been scared of ppl running in to me from behind..[/B]

Im always freaked out by that especially on a bike

Atombomb
05-15-2003, 02:43 AM
Yo man, in one of the pictures you can see my truck in the distance, I passed you today, on the corner by rickys right? Anyways, there was your accident, then another accident in the same intersection about an hour later, I don't know if you knew about that... but after drving past your accident there was one down the street at the corner of CountryHills and Sarcee, and one at the corner of CountryHills and Hawkwood gate or whatever it's called... I saw the accident after yours on my way home... totally messed, me and my buddy were like woah!

Yo people really do need to learn how to stop, totally F 'ed ^

4wheeldrift
05-15-2003, 07:06 AM
What, you mean you can't drive like this is mario kart? :D Sorry to hear about your car Rage, it could have been a LOT worse.

B17a
05-15-2003, 07:12 AM
What do you think the total $$$ damage is there?

GTS Jeff
05-15-2003, 07:51 AM
eek that makes me cringe...ppl should not be allowed to hit amgs!

rage2
05-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Atombomb
Yo man, in one of the pictures you can see my truck in the distance, I passed you today, on the corner by rickys right? Anyways, there was your accident, then another accident in the same intersection about an hour later, I don't know if you knew about that... but after drving past your accident there was one down the street at the corner of CountryHills and Sarcee, and one at the corner of CountryHills and Hawkwood gate or whatever it's called... I saw the accident after yours on my way home... totally messed, me and my buddy were like woah!

Yo people really do need to learn how to stop, totally F 'ed ^
Yep, that's me. I dunno how tough the concept is. It's rush hour. People are going to be stopped even when it's a green light. They shouldn't be barreling down at over the speed limit and hoping traffic moves, then slamming on the brakes last second and nailing ppl. I see it like everyday, and those drivers aren't the ones to get tickets (unless they cause an accident). It's the "light speeders" that gets nailed at speed traps.

It's such a waste of time fixing the car, and not to mention lost of value to the vehicle. As for how much it's going to cost, I'm going to get an estimate today, I'm guessing around 6k unless the roof was damaged, in that case it'll be over 10k.

B17a
05-15-2003, 08:26 AM

Yep, that's me. I dunno how tough the concept is. It's rush hour. People are going to be stopped even when it's a green light. They shouldn't be barreling down at over the speed limit and hoping traffic moves, then slamming on the brakes last second and nailing ppl. I see it like everyday, and those drivers aren't the ones to get tickets (unless they cause an accident). It's the "light speeders" that gets nailed at speed traps.

It's such a waste of time fixing the car, and not to mention lost of value to the vehicle. As for how much it's going to cost, I'm going to get an estimate today, I'm guessing around 6k unless the roof was damaged, in that case it'll be over 10k.

Ouch, that's gonna hurt that mofo's pocketbook! I guess when you sell it and anyone asks "has it been in an accident", we'll all know the real deal!! :D

lammer
05-15-2003, 08:26 AM

wow thats very expensive to fix up..i came to the meet and saw you slamming your trunk lid for no reason. later when everyone walked away me and my friend went for a close up look at your car and i was like "Wtf, its all scratched up, someone rear ended him..f'ing sucks"
sorry about it rage. god damn thats expensive to fix.

midship
05-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Here's the SUV that should be removed from the roads for good.

Sorry to hear about your accident...I totally agree with you on this one... Stupid User Vechicle

Fluidic
05-15-2003, 08:54 AM
Oh man!! Sorry to see your babe all smushed up like that dude... I hope you milk the driver of the other vehicle REAL good. Was the driver female or male (not that it matters... :confused: :D ) ??

Peter

rage2
05-15-2003, 09:21 AM
It was a 40ish year old housewife/soccer mom.

Superesc
05-15-2003, 09:24 AM
I was surprise you weren't MORE upset about it!!!!!

GTS Jeff
05-15-2003, 09:26 AM
did u give that soccer mom a a piece of your mind?

rage2
05-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
I was surprise you weren't MORE upset about it!!!!!
I think I was mostly pissed cuz I thought I couldn't hit the track tonight. I've waited like 2 years for this damn car, and have been waiting to run it at the track and this had to happen like 24hrs beforehand. Not to mention the v8less show, and just getting the car completely detailed.

Let's put it this way, I was a lot less pissed off after getting the top back up and the trunk closed, cuz I'm still running the bitch up at v8less.

When I told my wife, she went nuts and wanted to kill the SUV driver (hey, the car is her baby man!).

Ben
05-15-2003, 09:33 AM
I woulda prolly lost it on the broad.

She woulda been cookin me dinner for MONTHS after the fact.

Fluidic
05-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ben
She woulda been cookin me dinner for MONTHS after the fact.

:rofl:

cipher
05-15-2003, 10:15 AM
dude man, that sucks!

Hakkola
05-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I've been rear ended too, but luckily I left a lot of space in front, so when i saw that he wasn't looking I was able to move forward while he slammed on the brakes, ended up loosing part from under my bumper, lucky for him I was driving my old volvo tank, it was fine, told him not to worry about it.

If someone hit my mercedes I'd go postal.

Davetronz
05-15-2003, 11:36 AM
Shit rage, good thing that you are ok, cars can always be fixed, and it is obvious that you werent at fault.
And I see that it was buy Edgemont Superstore... Shitty area, Country Hills is bad for accidents.

CRXguy
05-15-2003, 12:11 PM
That'll buff right out!

Joe Malms
05-15-2003, 08:55 PM
calgary drivers suck donkey balls.

XylathaneGTR
05-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Yoooooo man, That fucking SUCKS for you man...I've seen your car around a few times...Only your wife driving tho :D and i fucking drool lakes when that car goes by...Fuck man...I woulda lost it if some bitch that cant drive did that to me...I feel for yah man, 6k-10k to fix? Aiyaaaah

hjr
05-15-2003, 11:23 PM
shite happens, but its too bad to see it on such a mint car. Why couldnt she hit one of the many domestic 80's boats that seem to never dissapear

cocoabrova
05-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Sorry to hear, you should get it repainted a different color now like.....EBP, of course:rofl:

StrokeD z
05-17-2003, 01:31 PM
i like that golf in the backround

RiceCake
05-18-2003, 01:40 AM
I was wondering about the low down on the accident... Damn that's a hefty repair bill.

That's brutal, especially since you didn't get that car all too long ago. :(

Nix87
05-18-2003, 11:41 PM
Dont go bashin all SUV drivers...some of us out there can still drive em...there's not many but some of know it takes longer to stop...:rolleyes:

Nick

redline_13000
05-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Nix87
Dont go bashin all SUV drivers...some of us out there can still drive em...there's not many but some of know it takes longer to stop...:rolleyes:

Nick

:werd: , Hehe, your lucky it was only that mazda hitting you, Not something bigger. Sorry to hear man

Redlyne_mr2
05-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Man I heard about what happened, shitty news, at least you didn't get hurt!

SilverRex
05-19-2003, 07:55 PM
ya I hear a friend said something the government should start to do something about the SUVs on the road. they are simply too dangerous. Might tax them to death to whoever owns one. Now wont that be sweet, I have a 2.0L turbo and might get a tax return. mahaha Go Canada Go.. pass the bill... Im waiting..

anywayz.. Im surprised the suv doesnt look damaged at all..

SilverRex
05-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Nix87

Nick

you have half the point correct. So does that mean if some of us knows how to use a gun properly then we should all be allow to carry one? who are you kidding, SUVs are simply too dangerous. not to mention if you read those crash test between a head on from a suv and say a honda accord. The passengers in the accord has 0% chance to survive.

yes maybe you know how to drive properly, but I hate to be the one killed by one that doesnt. Sometimes the thought behind these comments might wake some people up who drivess SUVS and start taking it seriously before anyone else gets hurts.

and the crapy part. people do not realize it until its too late. Why do we all have to learn the hard way.

well just my 2 cents. no offensive. Ppl have the right to do what ever they want. I just shake my head thats all..

:confused:

GT2NV
05-19-2003, 09:41 PM
yeah i was at the meet tooooo but i didnt notice a thing... but then again i didnt look THAT close.

lammer
05-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

you have half the point correct. So does that mean if some of us knows how to use a gun properly then we should all be allow to carry one? who are you kidding, SUVs are simply too dangerous. not to mention if you read those crash test between a head on from a suv and say a honda accord. The passengers in the accord has 0% chance to survive.

yes maybe you know how to drive properly, but I hate to be the one killed by one that doesnt. Sometimes the thought behind these comments might wake some people up who drivess SUVS and start taking it seriously before anyone else gets hurts.

and the crapy part. people do not realize it until its too late. Why do we all have to learn the hard way.

well just my 2 cents. no offensive. Ppl have the right to do what ever they want. I just shake my head thats all..

:confused:

if we taking SUVS off the roads might as well take cargo vans, trucks, and all the large vechicals because if a large car hits a small one whats a good chance of them surviving that too?

That.Guy.S30
05-19-2003, 10:27 PM
SUV's are not dangerous its the ppl drivin them. i drive an suv and i can count over 1000 times that some lil punk in a import almost hit me cuz he thinks he can just cut me off since i have a heavier and slower car. its not the car that results in accidents its the ppl who drive them. i know my car cant brake like a honda so i leave lots of room.
the new ticket is only for off-raoding vehicles drivin on highways. the fine just went up. no ticket for suv drivers.

T5Bird
05-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Let's look at it from another perspective... How about we ban all compact cars from the roads.:dunno: Seems logical big cars and trucks were around long before the advent of the econobox, if nobody drove small cars there wouldn't be a 0% chance of survival in a head on with a moderately sized vehicle.:guns: No flame intended, just showing how ridiculous the "ban anything bigger than a size 13 shoe from driving on the roads" debate is. :rolleyes: