PDA

View Full Version : Beer - What's the best way to keep it?

treg50
12-25-2006, 04:01 PM
If I've got a case of beer and plan to drink them over the next 2 or 3 weeks, is it best to put them all in the fridge now OR keep them out of the fridge at room temp and chill the beers as I drink them (ie. chill 2 or 3 for an hour or two before drinking and leave the rest at room temp)?

:)

Supa Dexta
12-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Its best to keep them cool and in the dark.. They don't have to go in the fridge the whole time, but if you have the room it's good.. Its not the best to cool them and warm them and cool them...etc.. you could keep them in an unheated shed/garage too if you dont have the room in the fridge..

h_s
12-25-2006, 04:05 PM
keep them in the fridge yO! ive never came across that dillema before.. usually the case is polished the same night

TeamBestBud
12-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Keep them in the fridge for sure. Aint nothing better than a cold beer, and aint nothing worse than a warm beer.

Audio_Rookie
12-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud
Keep them in the fridge for sure. Aint nothing better than a cold beer, and aint nothing worse than a warm beer.

or waiting for a beer to get cold cause you just put it in the fridge lol.

treg50
12-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Keeping it refridgerated seemed obvious to me too. But the LCBO threw me off because they'll have cases stacked as floor displays and but they also have some in the refridgerated section. It's something I always saw but never really thought about.
:D

marko polo
12-26-2006, 12:46 AM
the real question here is, how the hell does a caase of beer last 2 or 3 weeks ?

Ajay
12-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by marko polo
the real question here is, how the hell does a caase of beer last 2 or 3 weeks ?

:werd:

That is a much better question

Whitetiger
12-26-2006, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Ajay

:werd:

That is a much better question

I've got liqour that's been sitting in the basement for like months. :dunno: Just not a big drinking fan, but need to have some in stock in case girls wanna come over partying or what not (like emergency stash, after getting out of another friend's house after 2am where the liqour stores are closed, so while you're driving 2 drunk chickys home, you can be like: "Hey, let's keep drinking, I think I've got some beer in the house")

Not to sound sleezing or nothing.

h_s
12-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger

I've got liqour that's been sitting in the basement for like months. :dunno: Just not a big drinking fan, but need to have some in stock in case girls wanna come over partying or what not (like emergency stash, after getting out of another friend's house after 2am where the liqour stores are closed, so while you're driving 2 drunk chickys home, you can be like: "Hey, let's keep drinking, I think I've got some beer in the house")

Not to sound sleezing or nothing.

and then slip the roofies in their drink?? hey... hey...

taking them from :( to :D to :barf: to:cry:

Dayclone
12-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Always keep em in the cooler!

FiveFreshFish
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by treg50
If I've got a case of beer and plan to drink them over the next 2 or 3 weeks, is it best to put them all in the fridge now OR keep them out of the fridge at room temp and chill the beers as I drink them (ie. chill 2 or 3 for an hour or two before drinking and leave the rest at room temp)?

:)

I doubt you'd be able to taste the difference between a bottle that's been refigerated for a couple of weeks and a bottle that's stored at room temperature and then chilled hours before.

If you have room in your fridge, load it up.