PDA

View Full Version : Sky's Tea Cafe

EG_Civic
12-25-2006, 11:48 PM
anyone have been there.????... i heard that its pretty decent there,, just wondering what everyones opinion is..

Cruz
12-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Where is it? I haven't heard of it.

WWJAI
12-25-2006, 11:56 PM
its on 16th ave and center st... its the old banana jaks location and took over aura lounge.

blueripper6
12-26-2006, 02:31 AM
went there for a few hours
nobody else come in..
how do they stay open??

adam c
12-26-2006, 02:39 AM
i went there a few weeks ago.. ended up walking right back out

i liked banana jaks.. the ambiance was awesome there
now this new sky cafe is just.. weird

back down to bubble mania i guess :thumbsdow
i much preferred Banana Jaks

Speed_69
12-26-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by blueripper6
went there for a few hours
nobody else come in..
how do they stay open??
that's kind of like the couple times ive been there. First time, only two other people came in and second time only two other people were there :dunno: I find their drinks/food pretty good though and decently priced..it's pretty nice in there & better then going to bubblemania and waiting fricken 20min for a drink and then 40min for your friends drinks.

EG_Civic
12-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

that's kind of like the couple times ive been there. First time, only two other people came in and second time only two other people were there :dunno: I find their drinks/food pretty good though and decently priced..it's pretty nice in there & better then going to bubblemania and waiting fricken 20min for a drink and then 40min for your friends drinks.

and sometimes bubblemania forget shiet.. that your order

max_boost
12-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Bubblemania is still the King of bubble tea joints. For the amount of money they make I wish they would spend some of it on making the place a bit nicer. You know you are raking it in when the place continues to deteriorate yet people keep coming back and it's busier time after time. Bubbles FTW.

toyboy88
12-26-2006, 08:55 PM
how much for bubble tea?

HiSpec
12-27-2006, 02:23 AM
bubbles got new tables and some new chairs...

but sky's tea cafe... i find some of their food are quite expensive and lower in quality...
but the atmosphere is great

samo147
12-27-2006, 03:18 AM
is the brick a homeless shelter now?
guess people cant use that parking lot anymore

i think its the cheap wings that bring ppl into bubble
at least thats why i go there
even though their not that good
ill still eat them

max_boost
12-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec

but sky's tea cafe... i find some of their food are quite expensive and lower in quality...
but the atmosphere is great Oh snap. Will have to check it out soon enough.

Cruz
12-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by samo147
is the brick a homeless shelter now?
guess people cant use that parking lot anymore

Why not? The homeless are usually carless.

max_boost
12-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Do you really want to park your S4 around a group of homeless people?

EG_Civic
12-28-2006, 12:36 AM

i say skys food are better except for the wings but the quality of the food i'd say is less but i think its better..

oh yeah didnt bubblemania got closed down for a week for some reason?

max_boost
12-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Just for a day according to the CHR. I went to Bubbles tonight, I like the new tables haha

Can't wait for it to go smoke free in a few days. Place was packed too. Bubbles FTW.

HiSpec
12-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by EG_Civic

i say skys food are better except for the wings but the quality of the food i'd say is less but i think its better..

Their food is better in comparison to bubbles, only better not the best. Just slightly more expensive... I think its almost 5 bucks (or was it $4) for a dish of 4 wasabi beef balls... and they weren't even hot, only slightly warm in the middle... but its for sure best atmosphere in Calgary.

Originally posted by max_boost
Just for a day according to the CHR. I went to Bubbles tonight, I like the new tables haha

Can't wait for it to go smoke free in a few days. Place was packed too. Bubbles FTW.

Smoking is the only reason why it keeps me away from it most of the time.
Can't wait for the non-smoking law to come in effect.

AsianCaucasian
12-31-2006, 05:33 AM
I walked in today and it was 100% mainland in there. I promptly walked out.:eek:

jsn
12-31-2006, 02:09 PM

It still looks like crap. the tables must be second hand because alot of them already have scratches and chips on them... i almost think it looked better before the "new" tables :confused:

bulaian
01-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
I walked in today and it was 100% mainland in there. I promptly walked out.:eek:

hahahaha

ApexDrift
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Bubblemania is still the King of bubble tea joints. For the amount of money they make I wish they would spend some of it on making the place a bit nicer. You know you are raking it in when the place continues to deteriorate yet people keep coming back and it's busier time after time. Bubbles FTW.

ha true that they make money but i guess its hard to deside where the money will go since ownership of the place is split between 8 people and half of them still go to raves and drop.

max_boost
01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
^^^

ORLY

I thought that 'Jack' guy was the owner?

Well my group of friends have had it with Bubblemania. Service hasn't been good at all the last few times we went and we always tip good too so that's it. Oh well.

The smoking bylaw was supposed to go in effect yesterday 01/01/07 but the girl said there was still 7 days before they were to become smoke free. Ummm Yah.....

It's one thing knowing the place is a smoking establishment but quite the other when you know it should be smoke free but the management isn't enforcing the rules.

It's OK, they have no shortage of customers anyway.

lilmira
01-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I found the drinks at Sky's a lot better than Bubbles. Bubble's wings are nothing special other than the price.
Food selection at Sky's is a bit weak right now. I should talk to the girl there to work on it. Environment between the two places has no comparison at all.