PDA

View Full Version : Integra Questions

dubs20
12-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Hey all tuners out there i GOt a 99 Integra i am wondering if its hard to swap from auto to manual?

please post with info!!

KuruptEX
12-26-2006, 02:20 AM
well i dont got a integ but i heard for any auto to manual
its hard expensive and risky

5hift
12-26-2006, 02:23 AM
benyl where are you

adam c
12-26-2006, 02:33 AM
well since its an auto then u have either a RS/LS/GS
theres a lot to convert when u go from auto to manual..

if u have a RS, i would consider a complete swap while ur at it
and if u have a LS, i would go with a LS/VTec setup while ur doing the conversion

anyways heres a few things to keep in mind
ecu..
cluster..
get new pedals..
tranny..
plus actual work on the body of the car..
just to name a few things

theres a few articles on team-integra u should try searching for and looking at

Slashin_
12-26-2006, 02:34 AM
sell it and buy one that manual

dubs20
12-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by adam c
well since its an auto then u have either a RS/LS/GS
theres a lot to convert when u go from auto to manual..

if u have a RS, i would consider a complete swap while ur at it
and if u have a LS, i would go with a LS/VTec setup while ur doing the conversion

anyways heres a few things to keep in mind
ecu..
cluster..
get new pedals..
tranny..
plus actual work on the body of the car..
just to name a few things

theres a few articles on team-integra u should try searching for and looking at

i know the whole deal with the engine and tranny ecu all that stuff im just wondering if its defficult?

adam c
12-26-2006, 02:48 AM
it would be more worth ur time to buy a manual.. lets just say that

as for difficult.. u have to gut ur interior.. drop ur engine..
those 2 things right there are a major turn away

dubs20
12-26-2006, 02:49 AM
you have to rip your whole interior out?

it would be more worth ur time to buy a manual.. lets just say that

as for difficult.. u have to gut ur interior.. drop ur engine..
those 2 things right there are a major turn away

adam c
12-26-2006, 02:53 AM
not the whole.. but the front..
unless u know another way to get at the pedals easier and run the clutch etc...

dubs20
12-26-2006, 02:56 AM
alright say i do that but if the price is low then its worth it right?

not the whole.. but the front..
unless u know another way to get at the pedals easier and run the clutch etc...

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-26-2006, 02:58 AM
it's the amount of labor involved... and custom mounting a master cylinder when it wasn't put in at the factory makes it much less reliable... just buy a manual

adam c
12-26-2006, 02:59 AM
sometimes i wish i had an auto for when i have to sit & drive in rush hour traffic

anyways.. if u can do the work and get the parts for cheap then yea it will probably be worth it.. depending on how much u bought this for as well

dubs20
12-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Hmmm kk but im just asking because I am gettin a 99 integra auto
from a friend for very cheap and thats why i am wondering if
i can put a gs-r in it

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
it's the amount of labor involved... and custom mounting a master cylinder when it wasn't put in at the factory makes it much less reliable... just buy a manual

adam c
12-26-2006, 03:02 AM
yes but thats a full swap.. gonna cost at least 5k plus another 1-2k for a conversion im thinking

dubs20
12-26-2006, 03:04 AM
yes but thats a full swap.. gonna cost at least 5k plus another 1-2k for a conversion im thinking

5 ks for a Gs-r haha no way

adam c
12-26-2006, 03:05 AM
b18c1's arent cheap

engine + install is around 5k

remember some engines dont come with tranny's either and ecus or pedals or shifters or clusters

dubs20
12-26-2006, 03:07 AM
haha thats if you got the wrong connects :P

adam c
12-26-2006, 03:13 AM
well do what u want then..

we've given u opinions

dubs20
12-26-2006, 03:15 AM
alright man thanks for the help eh!!

well do what u want then..

we've given u opinions

EK 2.0
12-26-2006, 11:56 AM
My GOD!!!:eek: The amount of misinformation in this thread is astounding...

First off is it NOT custom work to mount a Clutch Master in an auto car. If you go and take a peek under the hood of an auto Civic or Teg, you will see all the holes for the brackets are predrilled. Some are left open, and some are blocked and some currently hold other brackets. That also holds true for the pedal assembly under the dash.

You DO NOT have to "gut" the car. Pulling one seat, unscrewing the center console and pulling back carpet does not equate to 3 days worth. You DO NOT have to "drop your engine". As this does make things SLIGHTLY easier...swapping transmissions can be done in the same manner of a clutch swap. So dropping any engines is not required.

The hardest part...getting all the brackets, and lines, and clips and fittings to make things look OEM. And its this process that begins to drain your wallet.

Essentially in a perfect world, on a nice spring day...you and some friends SHOULD be able to complete the swap in one weekend. But alas, things never go that perfectly...so once you have all the parts and pieces you need...figure about 4 days for the swap.

CivicDXR
12-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Essentially in a perfect world, on a nice spring day...you and some friends SHOULD be able to complete the swap in one weekend. But alas, things never go that perfectly...so once you have all the parts and pieces you need...figure about 4 days for the swap.

Or a week of sitting around waiting for parts in our case when we did 1-Bar's swap on the 'lude, the swap itself wasn't that hard, just time consuming because of running into needing more parts... just do your research, its not as hard as it seems...

and before you ask.... no, we will not do your tranny swap...

for reference:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85079&highlight=tranny

EK 2.0
12-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
Or two weeks of sitting around waiting for parts in our case when we did 1-Bar's swap on the 'lude, the swap itself wasn't that hard, just time consuming because of running into needing more parts... just do your research, its not as hard as it seems...

and before you ask.... no, we will not do your tranny swap...

hahaha man that Lude...good times, good times...

1-Bar
12-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I've done an auto --> 5 speed swap in my old 2000 Lude. It was not difficult at all. Just make sure you have all the parts so it can go smoothly. Like EK said above, the clutch master cylinder is probably pre drilled. I had to drill mine out, that was the most difficult part. Apart from that, running the clutch line to the tranny will be the toughest part, also you would need to wire the cruise and safety switch on the clutch (PITA).

IMO if you want to do it, all I suggest is running a ss line for the clutch master --> tranny

The total cost in parts for my swap all OEM Honda was near $2500, but I got everything new. Shifter cable, shifter assembly pedal assembly...etc

Black Gts
12-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Does a car lose value if you switch from a factory auto to a manual??

dubs20
12-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Guys Guys i was saying

i am gonna do a GS-R swap not a auto to manual on the same
engine..

i was wondering if the interior and everything would be hard
because there is no clutch and etc. but i got it all figured out
it should go smoothly

Primer_Drift
12-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Thank you Arif for setting that straight.. it was torture reading down the thread until your post.:banghead:

Dubs20 it is an easy swap. Grab some -3AN to 10mm x 1.00 adapters from Mopac plus a -3AN line for the clutch and you're good to go for the hydraulics.

I did an auto-manual conversion on my winter car (EG civic) which set me back a whopping $100 for the clutch parts, most of which were obtained from Pick-n-pull.

dubs20
12-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
Thank you Arif for setting that straight.. it was torture reading down the thread until your post.:banghead:

Dubs20 it is an easy swap. Grab some -3AN to 10mm x 1.00 adapters from Mopac plus a -3AN line for the clutch and you're good to go for the hydraulics.

I did an auto-manual conversion on my winter car (EG civic) which set me back a whopping $100 for the clutch parts, most of which were obtained from Pick-n-pull. \

See thats what i needed to know thank you!

EK 2.0
12-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

hahaha no worries I felt the same way until I corrected these peeps.