PDA

View Full Version : Best jobs in Calgary

RXsevenmonk
12-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey,

With the labour situation in calgary it is really hard to find a decent job becasue most places will hire anyone which really effects the working atmosphere.... In the new year i will be looking for a new job and i think many other people will be too....

I thought a thread based on peoples work experience may help everyone who is in the market! (wages, job description, hours, atmosphere, first hand experience etc. would be great)

thanks

Pacman
12-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Definately not pharmaceutical sales.....you spend your days catering lunches to doctors offices and sitting in waiting rooms with sick people coughing on you all day.

I can't believe I went to school to do this job. My uncle was right....I should have been a garbage man.

asifka
12-27-2006, 12:30 AM
place: west fair foods ware house. barlowtrail/countryhill blvd, NE

job: order picker
pay:
ft: $13.75/hr + $2.50/hr attendence bonus
pt: $11.50/hr + $2.50/hr attendence bonus

attendence bonus is every two weeks.

i worked in summer, now in winter break. shifts r 12 hours everyday. alot of overtime.

Cruz
12-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by asifka

pay:

i worked in summer, now in winter break. shifts r 12 hours everyday. alot of overtime.

The title of the thread is "Best jobs in Calgary"

harv91
12-27-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Cruz

pay:

The title of the thread is "Best jobs in Calgary"

LoL Pwned :rofl:

asifka
12-27-2006, 01:13 AM
haha, forgot to say best job for students;)

Cruz
12-27-2006, 01:20 AM
haha, forgot to say best job for students;)

I would say a better job for students would be a serving or bartending gig where they can make tips, work in a fun environment, and maybe get some action.

andyg16
12-27-2006, 01:40 AM
I used to be a tripper for Hertz they pay was shit but it was a fun job..all we did was drive the rentals to different locations and the staff there was realy easy going. You were allowed to go work when ever you wanted and leave when ever.

Das_Amaretto
12-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Best job in Cgy has to be Drug Dealer!

I mean, look @ Importz, he has everythang! :bigpimp:

Plus, compareed to all other cities, the 'gang violence' and 'turfwar' stuff here is quite weak, while with the surge in population, business must be booming!

100% take home aint bad either

Slashin_
12-27-2006, 12:04 PM
his armata ius fkin nutz

Sophal
12-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
Definately not pharmaceutical sales.....you spend your days catering lunches to doctors offices and sitting in waiting rooms with sick people coughing on you all day.

I can't believe I went to school to do this job. My uncle was right....I should have been a garbage man.

Garbage is good man they're starting at 20 somethin' also they pay for you to get your class 3 license.

pyar_deewane
12-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Das_Amaretto
Best job in Cgy has to be Drug Dealer!

I mean, look @ Importz, he has everythang! :bigpimp:

lol are u seious that importz is a drug dealer:rofl:

Klobi-1-Kinobi
12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Sophal

Garbage is good man they're starting at 20 somethin' also they pay for you to get your class 3 license.

Dont forget tue-fri work week, benifits, pension, x2 overtime, no stress.....lazy bastards.:rofl:

Actually for a student I would say cit of calgary parks and rec, or like someone else mentioned, server or bartender.