PDA

View Full Version : I killed a king snake

Speed_Dreams
05-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Well today was just another day untill this guy driving crazy in a new Cobra SVT tried to get infront of me. I was in my PArts truck (2003 1500 Chev with a 4.8 V8 with 275hp but its been bagged!!) anyways, the light on barlow and 114th going south the light turns green and i wanna see this guy run so I punch it and so does he and we are neck and neck untill 80km (thats the speed limit so i backed off) and then he shifts into 2nd!!! he was trying!!!! and goes by me. I pull up behind him at the lights on Deerfoot and Douglasdale and he just puts his arms up in the air like he didn't know what happened. hehehehehe what a sucker....anyways I don't race often but this was fun!

Weapon_R
05-15-2003, 07:00 PM
So you kept up to a Cobra in a parts truck eh?

Speed_Dreams
05-15-2003, 07:11 PM
I only kept up till 80 when i backed off and untill he shifted into 2nd. Like i said the guy in the cobra couldn't belive it!

SmelltheRubber
05-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Now that has to be ONE SHITTY DRIVER... did he have traction problems or something? ;)

fast95pony
05-15-2003, 07:25 PM
80 km/hr in first gear ?? I don't think so....

Toms-Celica
05-15-2003, 07:33 PM
You lie

92 Teg-B18A
05-15-2003, 07:57 PM
It's probably third you heard him shifting into :dunno:

Speed_Dreams
05-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
You lie

where you there 2? o ya thats what i thougth....shut up!

it happened it was an old guy driving it....maybe cuz its a ford it was just fucked up. Maybe it wasn't 2nd gear i don' t know i just know i heard it reving at HUGE RPMs before i saw him shift and then take off

Toms-Celica
05-15-2003, 09:10 PM
Sorry, its the fact that the car should be able to walk you in everyway possible. Its like me comparing my pedel bike to a Honda DX.

Initial-D-Nerd
05-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
80 km/hr in first gear ?? I don't think so....

our 96 Cobra tops out at 72km/h in first with 3.55 rear end gears so :dunno: maybe :dunno:

Dr. Lightspeed
05-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Yea right I am wavin my BS flag that car has 385 horse Identicle to the lightning so you probally went and the guy thought nah then thought what the heck. Either way BS:bullshit: :bullshit:

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 10:12 AM
Dont get me started about Pedal bikes !! LOL I raced Road bikes since 96-2002 was on the provincial team + National team projects and raced in world cup events as well as Track events. ive been known to sprint 0-75km/h in 100m or less ive turned Plenty heads with that abillity. i also been known to draft semi Trucks going 100-110km/h on highway 8 comming back east towards the city at the corner of 22. after the trucks turn the corner it's a slow go up to 100, but once your there it's sailing time :) if you dont belive me go to bow cycle and ask what they know about *Cruickshank* they'll tell ya :) Top speed btw is 115.3km/h

Sorry, its the fact that the car should be able to walk you in everyway possible. Its like me comparing my pedel bike to a Honda DX.

jdmakkord
05-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 2k3Elantra_GT
Dont get me started about Pedal bikes !! LOL I raced Road bikes since 96-2002 was on the provincial team + National team projects and raced in world cup events as well as Track events. ive been known to sprint 0-75km/h in 100m or less ive turned Plenty heads with that abillity. i also been known to draft semi Trucks going 100-110km/h on highway 8 comming back east towards the city at the corner of 22. after the trucks turn the corner it's a slow go up to 100, but once your there it's sailing time :) if you dont belive me go to bow cycle and ask what they know about *Cruickshank* they'll tell ya :) Top speed btw is 115.3km/h

Hey, I knew you sounded familiar!!! Your the guy that signed up and started bitching because we were flaming that hyundai site! HAHA welcome back:rofl:

Ben
05-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Get to work! Need someone to laugh at the forums with.

jdmakkord
05-16-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Get to work! Need someone to laugh at the forums with.

I'm feeling kinda "sick" might take the rest of the week off:;)

Ben
05-16-2003, 01:18 PM
SONOFABITCH!!!!!

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah thought id Upgrade to a bigger better Engine before i go turbo :) anyways the Club is doing good :) we're organizeing a Charity event Car wash/show and shine for late july early auguest a few people will be helping out , VeeDub club, southern alberta BMW, Alberta Celica, Sport Compact National, and a coupple new shops want to help out for advertising. the charity of choice is down to 3 Choices Calgary Humaine society, drop in center , womens shelter. not sure which one yet but it will be fun i for one would like to support the Humaine society since i have 3 dogs and all 2 we rescued from the pound a Rottie who was gona be destroyed that same day her name is Lady and Sheba who was schedualed for the next week. then Rex we found him along with 8 other dogs near our campground went back a month later 4 of them were missing 1 had worms hanging out of it's But and rex's ribs were showing so we left some a bag of food there for them came back the next week with our friend who is a vet and 1 more was missing the one with worms hanging out and the other three were in bad shape even tho they had food the worms were eating all of the food. so yeah anyways long story short we have Rex now who is a Wolf/Husky/Germen sheppard acording to the vet.

jdmakkord
05-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah thought id Upgrade to a bigger better Engine before i go turbo :) anyways the Club is doing good :) we're organizeing a Charity event Car wash/show and shine for late july early auguest a few people will be helping out , VeeDub club, southern alberta BMW, Alberta Celica, Sport Compact National, and a coupple new shops want to help out for advertising. the charity of choice is down to 3 Choices Calgary Humaine society, drop in center , womens shelter. not sure which one yet but it will be fun i for one would like to support the Humaine society since i have 3 dogs and all 2 we rescued from the pound a Rottie who was gona be destroyed that same day her name is Lady and Sheba who was schedualed for the next week. then Rex we found him along with 8 other dogs near our campground went back a month later 4 of them were missing 1 had worms hanging out of it's But and rex's ribs were showing so we left some a bag of food there for them came back the next week with our friend who is a vet and 1 more was missing the one with worms hanging out and the other three were in bad shape even tho they had food the worms were eating all of the food. so yeah anyways long story short we have Rex now who is a Wolf/Husky/Germen sheppard acording to the vet.

Oh and hows your lawyer coming along with that lawsuit?:rofl:

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 01:28 PM
you know it was over when the pics got taken down :) Funny thing there isnt a site right now... it's under construction someone new is building it. we'll have to see how much Street Glow there is now:) LOL i kinda thought that was funny tho.

VWhooligan
05-16-2003, 02:42 PM

thats an awesome run-on sentence

VWhooligan
05-16-2003, 02:43 PM

aren't pedal bikes faster than honda dx's? :D

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 02:46 PM
heheh :) yeah i tend to use smilies for periods ha ha ha !!

Currently listening to "Pennywise I come from a land down under"

ecstasyracer
05-16-2003, 03:06 PM

What the hell does that have to do with anything? You bragged about the exact same thing last time you were on here. I was the provincial mountain bike champion 3 times but you don't see me bragging on a car site about it.:thumbsdow

2k3Elantra_GT
05-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Which Cat ? elite, Expert, which team were you on ? what's your name and what years did you win? ever heard of lane cooper? Pat Kelly, LOL Rolland Green... Rolland green won the world up stage race i went to which i placed 11th over all had 2 3rd place stages. Know Duane mayers? he was the elite Champ last year
how about Gord Kennedy dave? i could throw more names around.... but if you won provincials 3 years in a row id know you and you'd know me :) especialy if it was round 99 or 2k. Because we would have Raced together.

Ben
05-16-2003, 04:02 PM

szw
05-16-2003, 04:29 PM
haha

anyways, I like the elantra GT.

Good looking car imo

Hollywood
05-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Oh and hows your lawyer coming along with that lawsuit?:rofl:

Hahaha, looks like he's ignoring you.

At first I forgot what thread you were talking about but now I remember.

SI-vic
05-18-2003, 02:35 AM
Yo leave the guy alone, judging by the posts he hasnt said anything really offensive to anyone so far.
He didnt even say anything rude in this forum and everyone is just bashing him.
geez grow up.

who cares if he's talking about his mountain bike, he went off topic, its not like 30% of these threads dont go off topic anyways

rice_eater
05-18-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Lightspeed
Yea right I am wavin my BS flag that car has 385 horse Identicle to the lightning so you probally went and the guy thought nah then thought what the heck. Either way BS:bullshit: :bullshit:

Yeah man...it's like in fast and furious...part stores give delivery boys lightings for deliveries :rofl:

redline_13000
05-18-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Ben

:rofl:

DSM Power
05-19-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

Yeah man...it's like in fast and furious...part stores give delivery boys lightings for deliveries :rofl:

For what it's worth, I saw a parts store delivery truck today and it was a silver Lightning! :D I tried to get the guy's attention so I could make a crack about it. :rofl:

Speed_Dreams
05-19-2003, 09:22 PM
one more thing

Toms-Celica
05-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Riiiiiiiiight, your truck must be fast

Speed_Dreams
05-20-2003, 05:34 PM
its suprisingly fast when in Tow/Haul mode. It can Skwak the tires off the line

szw
05-20-2003, 07:51 PM
a geo metro can Skwak the tires off the line

whats your point?

Luke 96 T/A
05-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
its suprisingly fast when in Tow/Haul mode. It can Skwak the tires off the line
True, the low gears will give you TONS of torque...
but... you won't be able to go more than 60km/hr ;-) hehehehe
I know you could whip most imports through the intersection... the problem is the next 800 meters ;-)

THREE40SEVEN
05-20-2003, 08:38 PM
bUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

bUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

NickGT
05-20-2003, 08:50 PM
haha that was great. both of the work trucks i ride in have that tow/haul option (edit: they are GMC 2500 - 6.0L V8's). It's great for what it's designed for. But if your using it for racing applications, your an idiot (in reference to the tow/haul button).

oh yah and i found the more accurate version of that picture :thumbsup:

http://members.shaw.ca/cyrus08/cobra.jpg

4CylFiero
05-25-2003, 02:49 AM
my brother has a 99 silverado with the 4.8 and when in tow/haul it is actually faster then in normal. I managed to keep up to a 1992 z-28 camaro really well, the camaro specs for 25th anniversary are 230 HP with an auto and my brothers truck is 255 HP so im actually impressed. I always though trucks needed way more horse to beat a car close to that equivalent.