PDA

View Full Version : "modified factory struts"

2.2vtec
05-15-2003, 06:20 PM
I called this guy today to ask about his 1993 honda civic cx. When I asked him if cx's come with ac or power steering he starts telling me that he had everything striped to make his car a "strictly performance car" and how it's perfect for an integra engine because he has integtra gsr rims...but don't cx's come from the factory with no ps and ac??? I proceeded to ask him if the car was lowered and he said yes. I asked him if he replaced the springs and struts and he said yeh. I then asked him what kind of shocks and he told me he had the factory shocks modified??
How can you have factory shocks modified?????:dunno: :banghead:

Talies R
05-15-2003, 06:34 PM
:barf:

Weapon_R
05-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Something tells me that it can't be a good thing, no matter how you look at it.

GTS Jeff
05-15-2003, 07:04 PM
inserts? heh i dunno much about suspension tuning

jdmakkord
05-15-2003, 10:11 PM
cut bumpstops

DSM Power
05-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
... and he told me he had the factory shocks modified??

Time to raise the flag on that one... :bullshit: :rolleyes:

EnRich
05-15-2003, 11:07 PM
When he told you he had the fucking things modified he means he fuckin cut the stock springs to make the car lower..... Cheap ass fuck....

Rich

hjr
05-15-2003, 11:18 PM
sounds like a ghetto rig to me. Steer clear. Funny too, perfect for engine swap because he has terg wheels. what BS.

Blue Devil 2
05-16-2003, 10:07 AM
it's perfect for an integra engine because he has integtra gsr rims...

hahaha :rofl:

B17a
05-16-2003, 10:13 AM
how it's perfect for an integra engine because he has integtra gsr rims

Interesting. I was not aware that doing a teg engine swap was contingent on having Integra rims. Boy, where have I been??:rofl: :rofl:

RiceCake
05-18-2003, 01:22 AM
The guy's a tool... I wouldn't trust the car.

Maybe the guy just put in lowering springs, but who knows if this guy just hacksawed them :dunno:

+GoOdS+
05-18-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by EnRich
When he told you he had the fucking things modified he means he fuckin cut the stock springs to make the car lower..... Cheap ass fuck....

Rich

Not much more to say except........ Fuck

bigboom
05-18-2003, 06:14 PM
actually koni makes some struts where they reuse the factory housing but everything internally is changed...could this be what he is talking about?

Wildcat
05-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Something tells me that it can't be a good thing, no matter how you look at it.

Originally posted by DSM Power

Time to raise the flag on that one... :bullshit: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by hjr
sounds like a ghetto rig to me. Steer clear. Funny too, perfect for engine swap because he has terg wheels. what BS.

Originally posted by RiceCake
The guy's a tool... I wouldn't trust the car.

Maybe the guy just put in lowering springs, but who knows if this guy just hacksawed them :dunno:

100% agree, this guy sounds like a swindler (haha oldskoo) steer clear of him, i hope u havent bought this car yet, i think u should kick that guy squarely in the junk :thumbsup:

ConVict
05-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Just go see the car, if you like it then you like it. Ask if you can go get a 100 point inspection and you can find out if he cut something or acually did what he said he did. Just because the guy has no idea what the fuck he is talking about doesnt mean the car isnt worth the money :dunno: