PDA

View Full Version : Need accountability!

CCM Pro
12-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey all...here is the story in a nutshell:

I am now 30:eek: but I know I still have it in me to become very fit...now I know a lot about fitness, nutrition, supplements etc...I have worked in the industry and have a great personal trainer. My problem?? Accountability in the nutrition area...that and lazyness in preparing healthy meals.

I need some MAJOR motivation and accountability from people...I do not know a lot of people here in Calgary and actually know none of beyonders...I would like to check back in every day here and hope to have some encouragement and a place for accountability and some possible links or personal recipes that are quick, easy and healthy!

I strength train 3-4X week...very hard conditioning that burns a lot of calories...I do a boxing/conditioning class 2X week, play hockey 2-3X week and once a week at best run...I understand I do a LOT of condiitoning and I need some more fat melting aerobic cardio in my routine.

This is what I intend to do in New Year...one free day per week for junk food...eliminate all bread products and most starchy carbs and instead replace with vegetables and fruits...of course protein, carb and fat in EVERY snack/meal (6x day).

I would like to do a weekly meal planner and record EVERYTHING to see how close I can follow it...as well do before/after pics...goals for the month and for a 3-month period in terms of fat% lost, wt. decrease, inches lost etc...) I will get all measurements and post them on here.

I am in actually great shape conditioning wise, just aesthetically would like to look more lean and get leaner.

Thanks in advance and talk to y'all again soon:thumbsup:

Pacman
12-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey there,

Would you mind sending me your meal menu? I'm a similar situation to you.....32 years old and want to lose about 10 pounds or so.

I'm interested in what you will be eating.

Pacman
[email protected]

~Leah~
12-28-2006, 11:08 PM
We did something like this a couple years ago...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59443

CCM Pro
12-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Hey Pacman...ya I will as soon as I get it typed up...I am meeting with the trainer again this weekend to go over some more nutritional stuff...then coming up with a massive grocery list and goal setting, I will PM you some stuff...

Leah...you still work at Golds?? I have never met you but talked to you a couple times on PM and you said you worked there...just wondering

ANyone else that wants to join me in this, by all means...although we all will likely train for different goals, it still helps for motivation/accountability.

Cheers

bbcman
12-29-2006, 12:41 PM
CCM Pro....there is a excerise schedule that my friends and i use and have had great success with...its called "Time Under Tension" you should read about it a bit on the internet. we do it a little different than they suggest. we use this in what we call the cutting phase where you just want tighten and lean.

i will break it down to you. the reps go 15-20-25-30. its not just the amount of reps that you do its the way that you are doing them. you can pick how you want to split your muscles. this is how its done. lets take dumbell bench for example (your going to have to lihten things up) grab 2 dumbells and lay on the bench for your first set of 15 when your start your press count 1-2-3 thats how long it should take you to push the weight up and then when you release the weight down count 1-2-3 so it takes 6 seconds to do one rep make sure you do 15 for your first set. ok now set number 2 same idea just 1-2 on the way up and 1-2 on the way down. now thats 4 second for one rep (20 reps in second set). set number 3, 1 second on the way up and 2 seconds on the way down for 25 reps and the same thing for the 30 reps.

now i strongly recommend that when you split your muscles up that you hit all areas of those muscles. for example on chest days do upper, middle, and lower. doing 4 set for each will mean that on that one day you would have done 270 reps in total. TRUST me when i tell you this is not easy and i guarantee if you work hard you will see the results that you want.

i wrote about this in another article but i want to say this again....keep good form and WORK THE NEGATIVE just as hard as you work the positive. i feel bad for you when you have to do this routine on leg day, its going to BURN!!!

you dont need to do this routine with deadlifts. those are hard enough on their own. and in order to do those correctly you need someone to show you the proper form. whole different category.

i hope this helps a little good luck with the training and let me know how you like the routine.

three.eighteen.
12-29-2006, 05:50 PM
i think another fitness competition thing would be a great motivator, i've definetly slowed down since obtaining my last major set of fitness goals

i think writing down concrete goals for one to accomplish is also a great way to remind yourself to stay on track

CCM Pro
12-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey BBCMan..never heard that routine...sounds cool and different...anytime you can shock your body and muscles with something like that its a good thing.

I totally think we should have some sort of challenge...would be motivating...anyone else interested in that??

writhen
12-30-2006, 06:46 PM
If you want to get lean and burn fat as opposed to muscle. HIIT. High intensity interval training (google it). I've used it time and time again to get myself into optimal shape and I'll stand by it. As far as I know, higher reps/lower weight does not work to reduce fat or increase lean muscle at all. Working negatives on the other hand is a really good idea.

CCM Pro
12-30-2006, 07:04 PM
The HIIT training is cardio-based right? Looks like something worth a try to add to my consitiomomg/strength workouts (on off days). Thanks!

bbcman
01-03-2007, 11:24 AM
yeah CCM you should give it a shot. i can only speak for myself but it has helped me to get certain results. the problem i have with the training is staying on track with the diet. i need to eat alot cleaner, i just get lazy. so hard to stay with eating the right stuff. plus with the work schedule the gym seems to have taken a back seat. i am glad that you guys are into it its a great thing.

writhen
01-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
The HIIT training is cardio-based right? Looks like something worth a try to add to my consitiomomg/strength workouts (on off days). Thanks!

What's consitiomomg? :D

Also remember to take vitmains like animal pack and all your essential amino acids and even some non-essential ones like glutamine, arginine, and ornithine.

As stated above, working different parts of the same 'muscle' helps as well.

The chest has inc/dec/and flat bench. Not to mention crossovers, 2 finger pushups and other similar stabilizing exercises.

The abs have a million different variations. Check out the Fast and Furious 7minutes of hell NFL workout

The arms have biceps and triceps with the triceps constituting about 65-70% of the entire muscle. This means that you should hit your tris more consistently. This includes skullcrushers, cable ext, and doing tri extensions behind then head while gripping two 25lb plates with interlocked fingers (mostly for forearms, get a gripper and use it as well. DONT FORGET YOUR FOREARMS. You need them for a strong grip).
Biceps are easy to work on, arnold curls, hammer curls, and concentration curls just to name a few.

Remember the shoulder is one big muscle (deltoid) that should be hit in a few different ways to get optimal results and that thick look. This includes military press (Standing, free weight or cable), fornt lat raises, side lat raises, and if you have good form, reverse lat raises (for the rear part of your delts). Don't forget your traps either! do HEAVY shrugs consistently.

legs are obvious. Squats, lunges, stepups, romanian deads (all freeweight), then throw in some curls, and calf raises for good measure

Back is key, as everyone knows the biggest thing with legs and back is form. Keep that back straight at all costs!! Few key exercises include deadlifts, goodmornings, latpulldowns (full ext with cables), chinups, rows, reverse fly's, etc.

Most of the exercises I mentioned are key to conditioning and overall body fitness. Also try out bodyweight exercises like handstands and handstand pushups. Couple this with HIIT and an excellent diet to see results. You obviously keep active enough already, so this shouldn't be too hard for you. Good luck!

PS: A gym partner is always a good thing. A good partner is an excellent motivational tool and he/she will also make you accountable for your actions.

bbcman
01-03-2007, 12:42 PM
writhen, i have to agree with you back is SO important!!! alot of people that train back seem to slack or not do it to its potential. even when i train i still get someone to check my form. deadlifts are so important and probably one of the hardest exercises to execute properly.

when it comes to training of any for the key to success is good form. make sure that you had a very knowledgable person that can explain the movement and how to do them. dont just lift for the sake of lifting. you end up working other muscles to compensate and thats when injury will hit.

~Leah~
01-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Okay, so I took it upon myself to make my own forum....

Go ahead and sign up!

http://trainerleah.myfreeforum.org