PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to ship a TV from calgary to Saskatoon?

crxboi
12-28-2006, 08:07 PM
I just bought a 50" plasma in calgary and I need to get it to saskatoon. Any suggestions to the best way to do this? It doesn't have to be next day delivery as long as it gets there in perfect condition.

I was thinking Greyhound unless someone can suggest another method.

Sharpie
12-28-2006, 08:19 PM
I would not trust grey hound to ship something like that. Maybe call up purolater(sp?) or fedex something that you can get insurance for.

Whitetiger
12-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Wait for someone from Calgary with a truck, to bring it with them to Saskatoon.

(the original post asks for BEST way, IMHO, that's what I'd do)... I'm sure there're some frequent traveling Beyond members who travel the Trans-Can for work/play.

Dj_Stylz
12-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Rent a car and drive it down

Slashin_
12-29-2006, 03:18 AM
u haul with 50 bux worth of bubble wrap

crxboi
12-29-2006, 05:01 PM
well I looked into all the main shipping methods and no one can do a package that big... so I guess I have to rent a truck/van or find someone willing to drive...
well this sucks. i have a 50" tv sitting in a damn box !

Mar
12-29-2006, 05:17 PM
It's only about $1 for $100 of insurance, so spend $20, ship it, and buy a new one if something happens to it.

crxboi
12-29-2006, 07:14 PM
^ no one would ship it.

msommers
12-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by crxboi
well I looked into all the main shipping methods and no one can do a package that big... so I guess I have to rent a truck/van or find someone willing to drive...
well this sucks. i have a 50" tv sitting in a damn box !

How much are you willing to pay for basically 12-13 hrs of driving?

Whitetiger
12-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by crxboi
I just bought a 50" plasma in calgary and I need to get it to saskatoon. Any suggestions to the best way to do this? It doesn't have to be next day delivery as long as it gets there in perfect condition.

I was thinking Greyhound unless someone can suggest another method.

How much would you "lose" if you were to sell this, and use the money to buy another one once you get to Saskatoon?

Or was this like a super dooper boxing day savings deal? :dunno:

Just an option ya know, cuz if you're going to spend like $200-300 on shipping... what's the point if you just bought this at regular cost... get rid of it at $50-100 loss, and just pick up another one from a Saskatoon TV store (again, this is just assuming you bought it at regular price; since it wasn't really stated if you bought it at a deal or what not...)

Good luck with it though :thumbsup:

hampstor
12-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Drive it back yourself or wrap it on a skid, using a trucking company to ship it (such as ATS or Vitran). That way you know it won't be tipped on its' side.

crxboi
12-29-2006, 11:32 PM
I bought it at a killer deal. Normally for 2800 and i got it for 1550 so I'm willing to pay to ship it. I could still return it for the full price but I wont find that good of a deal in saskatoon. Also, i have to pay 15% tax in sask.

AJL
12-30-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by msommers

How much are you willing to pay for basically 12-13 hrs of driving?
to saskatoon?
I got there in 6 hours, maybe 7-8 if the roads are bad.
I am going back to Saskatoon on Tuesday. I would totoally take it with me if I was driving instead of flying.

nismodrifter
12-30-2006, 03:55 AM
Find a student who is leaving for the U of S. My bro is leaving on Tuesday but there is no way in hell that he can fit a TV in the Jetta with all the other stuff he will be carrying.

There are a bunch of U of S students here...see if someone is driving and is willing to take it.

crxboi
12-30-2006, 02:32 PM
thanx guys but I got it figured out. I got a hold of a van that I'm driving to sask on tuesday and returning it here on the weekend just in time for my flight on sunday. booya!

Mangina
12-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by AJL

to saskatoon?
I got there in 6 hours, maybe 7-8 if the roads are bad.

Suprisingly, most people would actually want to come back home to Calgary!!

kongaj
12-31-2006, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Mangina

Suprisingly, most people would actually want to come back home to Calgary!!

haha, im sure he didnt see that, most likely was saying one way. ;)

Drew
12-31-2006, 11:26 AM
I have a 56", and I had to get it from Calgary to Saskatoon oddly enough. It was the biggest pain in the ass, no one would ship it at a resonable rate because of its size, and truth be told I really didn't trust anyone to ship it for me. So I waited until I got a chance and rented a uhaul and brought it out myself. Renting a Uhaul to saskatoon is soooooo cheap because they need more Uhauls in saskatoon. Hope this helps.