PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for Weatherford?

accord885
12-29-2006, 10:25 AM
If anyone works for Weatherford either in Calgary or Medicine Hat area shoot me a PM please.

bigbadboss101
12-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Friend of mine is an Engineer.

Tha VZA
12-30-2006, 03:25 AM
yeah i do

PM'd

ciao

Masked Bandit
12-30-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't work for them but my buddy does, out of Lloyd. If you are considering going to work for them, Weatherford does a hell of a job for their staff in Lloyd. They sound like a pretty good shop to work for.

joey00
01-05-2007, 02:19 PM
We've done jobs with weatherford. They would shoot a gun, set a plug, and water truck would put "x" amount of h20 down the well. We'd go down (coil tube) with a test packer and pressure test the plug using the h20 for 10 minutes. Extract the water with our air comprosser afterwards. We did this for 9 zones.

Anyways, the guys we worked with and the operator were awesome guys. Long way from going out to service rigs and working with some of those mutts-Some of them are good, some of them are pretty simple guys.

Audio_Rookie
01-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm not in Calgary or hat, but I start work for them Monday...

I was told it was an afternoon shift...the guy calls me (literally 1 minute ago) hes like are you ready to work...."ya"...."Ill see you 6am Monday"

lol, guess its not the afternoon shift anymore....no sleeping in for me :(

I hope I can eventually get afternoon cause my body don't like getting up at 5 lol.

Im in 1 of there shops building those donkey head type of pumps at the wells.

Supa Dexta
01-06-2007, 10:18 AM
In nisku you said? you'll be right next to me, I'm over at big red.... You found a place in devon did ya? I've been shopping around this week, and am waiting to hear back from a place in edmonton, the commute doesn't matter so much since I won't be at the shop too much...

Audio_Rookie
01-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Ya in nisku, living with family in Devon, paying 500 rent though.

saw an ad for millwoods Edmonton for 375 utilities and laundry included.

Seems like a good opportunity at weathorford, apprenticeship opportunity, profit sharing, pretyt good wage, full training ect.

Big red is a drilling company your working for?

Supa Dexta
01-06-2007, 10:47 AM
(halliburton) I'm kind of in a time crunch, I could be going to the field at any time, but I have to get all my shit and the gf moved to edmonton too soon, I hate looking for apartments in calg/edm... If I don't get her moved before I leave, our lease is up in this apartment end of jan, so I could be gone past that point and then we're really screwed...

:thumbsdow

Audio_Rookie
01-06-2007, 10:54 AM
halliburton offered me a job mwding....but I turned it down....the chick interviewing me was so fucking stupid and I heard so many stories about how shitty there were, I couldnt do it.

did you get some ditz interview you 2?

btw im not near the halliburton shop at all lol. That shop is only for shop laborers and bop techs...they wouldn't offer an apprenticeship...so im on 10th street in there industrial shop where I can apprentice as a welder.

they have like 6 buildings in nisku lol.

Supa Dexta
01-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I had a guy interview me, head mwd guy. Not sure how it will go, but I'll put in some time for sure.. They have a really good training program it seems, only thing is, if you leave before 1yr, they can charge you for all the money they invested in you, up to a months pay. Shouldn't be an issue, I'll be there passed that, getting all trained up, then who knows. Some say once your trained, some smaller companies may be better to work for. But I have no idea yet, I'm new. There is benefits to a big company too, with stock options and really good benefit packages...etc...

Only guys so far that have been shooting off, have seemed to be the type of guys that expect too much, and expect more then they have earned. And if you piss them off (the bosses), they let you sit home for a while, but thats to be expected..