PDA

View Full Version : Honda CR-V- Can I Do Upgrades?

Forcefed
12-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey guys, I just got a 2004 CRV 2.4L automatic. Im wondering if there is anything I can do for better millage and maybe a bit more power. I know its a 4x4 all the time but im just seeing if there is ANYTHING out there for upgrades for these cars.

Chris

Lo)2enz0
12-30-2006, 03:48 PM
b20 vtec???

but i wouldn't do that

keep her stock. just put a intake

FiveFreshFish
12-30-2006, 04:13 PM
I thought the CR-V is FWD during normal driving and only goes to AWD when front wheelspin is detected.

PremiumRSX
12-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Brian Crower cams! :thumbsup:

SilverBoost
12-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Making it breathe easier will most likely improve your gas mileage and power. At least it did on my car. What's available on the other hand I have no idea. But it's a honda, so I'm guessing someone out there makes something for it.

natejj
12-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Masked Bandit
12-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I thought the CR-V is FWD during normal driving and only goes to AWD when front wheelspin is detected.

Yep...

The best upgrade I found for our 2003 CR-V was to give it to the wife and buy myself an '03 Maxima SE.

For what it's worth the CR-V does not get amazing mileage considering it's a four banger. My Maxima gets better mileage on the highway than the CR-V does. I'm guessing it's due to the aerodynamics. The CR-V uses about 10L / 100 km whether we're in town or on the highway.

Darkane
12-30-2006, 06:59 PM
OP: That motor you got has and is getting more aftermarket support. The best single thing you can do for Mileage and power is K-pro. Get a nice header.. DTR makes a sweet one.. Get it tuned and your mileage and power both will be up. You will probably make about 20+ WHP too.. Maybe more.

sneek
12-30-2006, 07:15 PM
I don't know if this works on a CR-V but what about resetting the ECU?

Remove the battery for 10 mins. give it a good cleaning while your at it.
EDIT: hit the brake a few times too.
reinstall the battery

start the car, turn off all electronic accessories
(IIRC in a gen7 accord the radio displays C O D E)
then you drive the car around the block like a granny for atleast 10 mins

reset all the radio stations.
do it and then report back :D

Whitetiger
12-31-2006, 01:14 AM
^ So what exactly does that do?

CelicaST-162
01-01-2007, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Whitetiger

I highly doubt it does anything, other than resetting any possible pending DTC's....other than that, im sure it does nothing.

Mangina
01-01-2007, 09:33 AM

It gives you time to think about how stupid it is trying to upgrade a CRV. VTEC!!!!

EK 2.0
01-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
b20 vtec???

but i wouldn't do that

keep her stock. just put a intake

no the new CRV's already come with the K24. I am sure if you have the time mods that work for the TSX and such with a lil modding might fit onto the motor of the CRV...worth checking out, as the K series are very mod responsive.

Xtrema
01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Forcefed
Im wondering if there is anything I can do for better millage and maybe a bit more power. I know its a 4x4 all the time but im just seeing if there is ANYTHING out there for upgrades for these cars.

Better mileage OR more power. You don't get both.

And someone has already mention, unless you lose front traction, rear wheels won't spin. If rear wheel won't spin, it won't use more gas. So try not to spin the front wheels (heavy launches etc).

Change air filter, check tire pressure, clean fuel injectors are ways to save gas and restore lost power.

K24 is same in the TSX but I doubt there's much u can do with automatic transmission other than intake which in most cases will lower your resale value and make the car louder.

sneek
01-01-2007, 08:12 PM

Basically the ecu will take the way you drive from that point on and provide the best fuel management. If you drive hard, the car will give you crappy gas mileage, but if you drive granny-style, then the mileage will be good to you.

again, i am not sure if it works in a CR-V