PDA

View Full Version : Wild wood Grill and Lounge: review

CaseoftheEX
12-31-2006, 06:42 AM
I had dinner at this grill last night, made reservations for 6pm as we wanted to avoid the rush (in which we did). They are located on 24th Ave and 4St SW, just right around the mission area. There were 6 of us, I had the Salmon entree.

Ambience/Atmosphere:
10/10

Nice little dining area, the lounge and grill are parted off perfectly. Nice warm soothing colours, paintings and dim lighting, make it a very welcoming place to dine.

Food (quality, portions, presentation):
8/10

I had the salmon and also tried a bit of my friends apetizers (feaster spring rolls). It was decent, but not anything mind blowing. It was rather bland, not much taste or seasoning that went into the meat itself. If you thought the Met Grill in Mount Royal Village is pricey, avoid this place. My dish was rather small - didnt even get full off it. But others like the lamb were of a decent size. Bit weak on the veggies, I got like 2 pieces of asparugus and one small piece of squash. It also came with a white bean rice, but it was nasty as hell, tasted like I was eatin the dead pines off my xmas tree - cant say I enjoyed it.

Pricing:
6/10

Not worth the money IMO. I paid $25 for the Salmon, and to me it was enough to feed an 8yr old. For the steaks, (since many of us ordered that), you're better off going to a steak house for that, wasnt anything special - but still better than what I had. Dishes were $25 and up.

Service:
5/10

The waitress started out fine. But as the night progressed and the restaurant got busier, she got worse. It took her 25 mins to ring up the bill on a credit card and another 15 mins for the door man to find our coats (even with tags). He was running around like a scounded dog, wasnt too organized, so eventually he had to get a manager to help out. It just seemed like everyone was doing everyone elses job on the go.

Overall
7.25/10

It was still a decent experience - wasnt terrible, but wasnt great. Though mind you cant say I will go there often or that the salmon was worth $30.

Ice712
01-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Bottom line is the service is horrible.

I don't waste my money for bad service.

GTS Jeff
01-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I quite enjoy Wildwood, though I've only ever been downstairs. Good beer, great atmosphere, cheap prices, wicked food, prompt service, sometimes hot waitress...

SuPhistiKatEd
01-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I love the Wildwood. Been to the restaurant a few times, but I'm mostly in the Bar. Decent prices and portions. Love the food. Waitresses are nice, and sometimes good looking. Should enjoy it more, since there is no more smoking!!

9/10