PDA

View Full Version : JDM Spec Kenwood X505 and Z505

jschrauwen
12-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I recently acquired a RHD JDM spec car which also came with 2 JDM Spec Kenwood units. The AM/FM/CD Reciever (and TV reciever also I believe) unit is calibrated for Japanese frequency bandwiths which is not compatable with North America. I've been told that there may be a way to recalibrate it's frequency bandwidth selection but would like to know before hand if it's possible and perhaps even if it's something simple enough for a DIY'r. The Equalizer amplifier (and folding front for cassette) has only been powered up once when I got the car and hasn't worked since. I'm thinking that perhaps there's a lockout code required since the car battery had been replaced just last week. No matter what which buttons I push on this unit, nothing fires up the front panel except the cassette will play if cassette funtion is selected on the am/fm/cd reciever.
The Reciever is the Kenwood Z505 and the Equalizer/Amp is a Kenwood X505.
Pics here;
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f49153722

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Deetz
12-31-2006, 12:20 PM
If interested, i have a frequency expander for alowwing you to receive all local channels here in North America. $50

pm me if interested

jschrauwen
12-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Deetz
If interested, i have a frequency expander for alowwing you to receive all local channels here in North America. $50
pm me if interested Thanks for that Deetz. Would you happen to have any insight as to where I could source manuals or spec sheets on these HU's?