PDA

View Full Version : Getting your head chopped off?

2.2vtec
12-31-2006, 02:13 PM
If someone gets beheaded in one clean chop and his head rolls to face the body, can the person still see for a few seconds?

Sharpie
12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Lets test...

Audio_Rookie
why....you want to try it?

A chicken gets its head cut off and it runs around for a few seconds....ive seen it its cool. how could anyone answer this question without experiencing it?

I don't think theres gonna be an answer.

l8braker
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20051102/ai_n15832792

2.2vtec
12-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Is there Scientific evidence that says one can still see when their head is chopped off?

l8braker
12-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
Is there Scientific evidence that says one can still see when their head is chopped off?

So, what are you up to this New Years? :)

Iqoair
12-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Yes, 4 minutes until the brain dies from lack of oxygen.

BlueGoblin
12-31-2006, 02:54 PM
there is an easy and simple way to 'test' it;

a blow to the brachial nerve in the neck will cause immediate, though temporary unconsciousness; find somebody you trust with training in a martial art that practises brachial stunning and let them give you a thump.

Severing the nerve would likely be an extreme version of a blunt blow.

i suspect that tthe anecdotal evidence of post decapitation 'consciousness' is fanciful and probably nothing more than autonomic muscle contractions.

scat19
12-31-2006, 02:55 PM
lol that link that was posted had this

How fat would you need to be to be bulletproof?

The short answer seems to be dangerously obese. A 9mm bullet, the most common type used in a hand gun, is generally held to be able to penetrate 60cm of human flesh before it comes to a halt. In addition, the bullet will cause one cubic centimetre of damage to the surrounding tissue for every centimetre that it penetrates the body. The calculations are based on firing a bullet into gelatine of the same consistency as human flesh and so do not allow for the fact that the projectile can be stopped by bone or simply pass through the body. Even if the bullet were to be stopped by body fat, the shock wave of the impact is likely seriously to damage internal organs. In the event of a person having enough girth to absorb a bullet, they are likely to drop dead from a coronary before getting shot.

lol

2.2vtec
12-31-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Iqoair

Ok so for 4 mins you can see whats going on when your head is seperated from your body:dunno:

FiveFreshFish
12-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

Ok so for 4 mins you can see whats going on when your head is seperated from your body:dunno:

You'll lose your vision before you lose consciousness, and you'll lose consciousness before the brain dies. So I believe you can see and comprehend what's going on after being beheaded for several seconds, not minutes.

I think you can hear longer than you can see.

scat19
12-31-2006, 03:52 PM
In the will smith movie, wild wild west or whatever - didnt they say the last thing you saw before you die is kept in your eye or something lol

Talies R
12-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

You'll lose your vision before you lose consciousness, and you'll lose consciousness before the brain dies. So I believe you can see and comprehend what's going on after being beheaded for several seconds, not minutes.

I think you can hear longer than you can see.

I believe that is correct. After being unconscious the first sense to come back to me was hearing and quite awhile after vision.

2.2vtec
12-31-2006, 05:05 PM
That would be so weird if your head rolled a certain way when it fell and it ended up facing your body! :barf:

Audio_Rookie
12-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Iqoair

till permanent brain damage....from lack of oxygen....

but what about no blood and no oxygen being pumped? im sure it might be a little shorter.....

ive never seen a chicken blink or move any part of its head when I cut it off.....

FiveFreshFish
01-01-2007, 05:58 PM
A bit off topic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Execution_methods

soupey
01-01-2007, 06:06 PM
^ holy disturbingg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawing

GQBalla
01-01-2007, 06:41 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: ^^^^

AsianCaucasian
01-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I remember from a social studies class that one scientist asked a criminal to blink as many times as he could after he got his head cut off by a guillotine. I don't remember how many times he was able to blink before he died, but I remember it was quite a few.

djayz
01-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by soupey
^ holy disturbingg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawing

Oh god thats horrible :barf:

xcelr8
01-02-2007, 03:14 AM
^ oh wow...
thats sick.... :barf: