PDA

View Full Version : Heater comes on and sometimes not?

shakil
01-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Can anyone help trouble shoot this issue? on an Eg civic stock engine - d15b7

What things can i check to make sure it always comes on(FAN to cool off the engine) - it tends to over heat here and there. its annoying -

Any ideas?

ryder_23
01-02-2007, 12:07 AM
:english:

check your thermostat

im2fst4u
01-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Yes check your thermostat or perhaps you have an airlock? How is the fluid level? Mixture correct?

Slashin_
01-02-2007, 12:16 AM
over heat the water temp or the heat?

if its the heat you might have a winter thermostat installed

FishtailnZ
01-02-2007, 02:17 PM
If it's heat to the interior of your car that you're talking about, it's either the thermostat as already mentioned, or your heater core could be plugged.

tictactoe2004
01-02-2007, 03:50 PM
unless he's talking about just the fan not working all the time.. I forget the name of the part, but on my old GTI the heater control stopped working on low... then it stopped working on mid, only high would work... then high started work on and off, damnit I forget what it's called, maybe a heater solonoid or heater switch or something...

shakil
01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
ok.. since people don't seem to understand...

my temp gauge goes up fine - its just that on the odd chance the heater fan goes on, but majority of the time it doesnt.
I just filled up the rad fluid, like a few days ago, even filled up the resevoir tank to the top... it ate it all now its compeltely empty? but it doesnt leak or burn?? i don't get it?

tictactoe2004
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by shakil
ok.. since people don't seem to understand...

my temp gauge goes up fine - its just that on the odd chance the heater fan goes on, but majority of the time it doesnt.
I just filled up the rad fluid, like a few days ago, even filled up the resevoir tank to the top... it ate it all now its compeltely empty? but it doesnt leak or burn?? i don't get it?

well first your saying your fan doesnt go on, now your saying your coolant is disapearing... When your going fast, like on deerfoot, if your heat is on "high" and your fan is OFF do you get hot air coming out of the vents? or cold air?

shakil
01-02-2007, 06:07 PM
everything is fine but the fan doesnt come on when its hot.

heat inside is good and warm...

the coolant dissappearing is just a symptom.. maybe theres a reason for it? i dont' know

tictactoe2004
01-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by shakil
everything is fine but the fan doesnt come on when its hot.

heat inside is good and warm...

the coolant dissappearing is just a symptom.. maybe theres a reason for it? i dont' know

Might be your heater fan motor, I know those tend to seize up.. or some sort of other electrical problem. Does it sometimes come on only if your heater fan is at max? or does it still come on even if your heater fan is at low speed?

shakil
01-25-2007, 06:36 AM
its very rare that it wants to come on. ( it seems to like to over heat a lot ) Does anyone know where the bleeder screw is on a d15b7?

shakil
04-16-2007, 09:36 AM
OK, so i added a bleeder screw, and replaced the thermostat with OEM honda parts. Still overheats. Any other help??

shakil
04-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Bump!