PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure gauge problem

CRXguy
05-16-2003, 11:00 AM
This is what I got.

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Omori/om_60eb_wrx.jpg

So anyways, LUDELVR installed the gauges. We hooked all the connectors, sensors and parts right. These have the peak/hold/warning feature on it, and we set it the same way. But the warning light for the oil pressure won't go off, and I don't know why it's lighting up in the first place.

Maybe someone can shed some light, cuz I have no idea what could be wrong. Defective, or maybe one of the wires was hooked up wrong? :dunno:

If you don't understand a thing I just said, I'll get LUDELVR to explain since he did all the work. :D

Thanks!

CRXguy
05-16-2003, 11:10 AM
oh fuck, wrong forum!!

Superesc
05-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
oh fuck, wrong forum!!

Fixed, Biatch! :rofl:

kevie88
05-16-2003, 11:18 AM
So anyways, LUDELVR installed the gauges.

hehe.. I think I found your problem man!! J/K :rofl:

speedracer
05-16-2003, 11:27 AM
I would check the grounding.

CRXguy
05-16-2003, 11:32 AM
If it's from bad grounding, wouldn't the needle just bounce all over the place? I forgot to mention that all the gauges are working properly, but I'm confused about the warning light on the oil pressure that won't go off.

2000impreza
05-16-2003, 11:36 AM
check the power wires. if its like my greddy guages there is 2 of them, constant and ignition.

speedracer
05-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Hmm that was just a guess (I have a mechanical guage) -which is a pita to install.
Maybe sender error? - power?

Have you tried setting the PSI to 90 or something not posible...

LUDELVR
05-16-2003, 02:45 PM
well, I want to take out the gauge and test it again, but my biggest fear is cracking the paint! Damn ricers...umm..wait, I have painted interior pieces. Nevermind. Anyway, this unit sits a bit lower than the stock panel so I'm just worried about chipping or cracking the paint. The gauges all work well and are fucking awsome!!! I want omori gauges now!! Shit man!

CRXguy
05-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Update: Figured out why the warning light kept staying on.

Leo,

You're an idiot. You set the warning the wrong way. :rofl: I also found a way to remove the pod, but no tools though. I'll call you Sunday or Monday.

LUDELVR
05-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Update: Figured out why the warning light kept staying on.

Leo,

You're an idiot. You set the warning the wrong way. :rofl: I also found a way to remove the pod, but no tools though. I'll call you Sunday or Monday.

haha, nice job man, see, no matter what your mom says about you, you're not useless after all!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good job! :rofl: So how did you take that bad boy off?

CRXguy
05-17-2003, 01:32 PM
I haven't. That's your job. :rofl: