PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into Firefly-Serenity??

Toma
01-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Man.... just downlaoded this series, and I CANNOT believe it only made it one season.

One of the best shows ever.

Crymson
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Yah, it's fantastic.

It's always in the top 5 of any list of "shows that shouldn't have been cancelled".

I'm sure that if it came out today, it would have gone for a few seasons, but it launched at the same time that reality tv (puke) was exploding, and didn't have a sniff.

BerserkerCatSplat
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Such a great show, and a huge shame it was killed off so early.

HHURICANE1
01-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Saw Serenity and then when out and bought the box set of the series. It's a great show. The programing geniuses at Fox can't seem to figure out what people want to watch. Just look at Family Guy for instance. Killed it and then had to bring it back. Did the same thing to Futurama, killed it and now it is being brought back on another network. Doesn't sound like Firefly will come back but it would be nice if it did.

Arthur Dent
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Got the DVD set for x-mas. Good stuff.

old&slow
01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Man.... just downlaoded this series, and I CANNOT believe it only made it one season.

One of the best shows ever.

My kid gave me the series on DVD for a gift.
I got Serenity as well.
I plan to buy the HD-DVD as too!
Maybe they'll make a sequel!

ZedMan
01-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Excellent sci-fi series, can't believe people were more willing to watch shitty reality tv than this :banghead:

lost_in_bsd
01-03-2007, 12:30 AM
great series and appartently there is a few unaired episodes on the dvd set, and that is pain to find

403Gemini
01-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Reason why fox canceled it is they wanted a fast paced action sci-fi show, and well, firefly isnt that. Instead its intelligent and methodical and... well... utterly fucking awesome!

Fox's target audience = 13 year old kids i guess

kvanderlaag
01-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Browncoats fo' lyfe, yo.

hb2k
01-03-2007, 04:32 AM
I watched serenity in theaters and loved it. then bought the dvd box set of the series. It is my favorite show/movie. i have seen the whole series through 5+ times. everyone i show the show to loves it.

Xtrema
01-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
Saw Serenity and then when out and bought the box set of the series. It's a great show. The programing geniuses at Fox can't seem to figure out what people want to watch. Just look at Family Guy for instance. Killed it and then had to bring it back. Did the same thing to Futurama, killed it and now it is being brought back on another network. Doesn't sound like Firefly will come back but it would be nice if it did.

If the movie did well in the box office, it could have come back. But it didn't.

I love to see more but I doubt we will.

JeremyD
01-03-2007, 09:55 AM
I think they are working on an MMORPG set in the firefly universe. With luck success with the game would prompt a second movie but i doubt it. However I think it will be tough to capture the feel of the series in a game. And likely the world will be full of a bunch of Jaynes.

The series was incredible but I was a little disappointed with how they treated Sheppard Book in Serenity. I really wanted to know more about his past and that was something they didn't touch on at all in the movie.

2000_SI
01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
One of the main problems Firefly encountered is that Fox wanted a fast paced pilot episode, so instead of doing the actual 2 part pilot as the pilot, they showed the next episode "The Train Job" as the premier. When most people watched the "pilot" they had no idea what was going on or who anyone was, which turned them off from the show.

It really is unfortunate that this show was canceled so early, when shows like Buffy were able to continue many seasons past thier ending.

If Serenity had done well enough in theatres Joss said that they would be able to do a second movie, but since the mubers just wherent there, no studio wants to sign on for a sequal :(

cityhunter2501
01-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Serenity sucked if you asked me, but the series definetly was perfect.
western + sci-fi plus interesting characters and universe.

i heard about the MMORPG being made based on the Firefly universe, looking forward to it.

403Gemini
01-04-2007, 08:03 PM
If a mmorpg was made in the firefly universe i would quit WoW.

Orbie
01-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I loved the series and movie actually, but I don't think a MMORPG of Firefly would be a big seller. Firefly is just too smart of a show for anyone below 18 to enjoy.

It just came down to numbers, although there is a huge cult following for this show, it certainly wasn't a large audience, Nothing like the Buffy followers. I guess Morena Baccarin just wasn't good enough for the mainstream Sci-Fi geeks out there.

2000_SI
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20061211.jpg

hjr
01-08-2007, 12:23 AM
i totally loved the movie and the episodes. i watched them almost back to back when i got them. i havent had cable in a long time so i never saw them when they aired. Definitely one on the most entertaining shows i have seen.

Khyron
01-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Watched the premiere on Fox, didn't get it at all, and thought it was way too cheesy so turned it off about halfway through (along with the rest of tv land apparently).

Watched Serenity in theaters with some fans, and I loved it. Fan friends finally bullied me into watching the whole firefly series in order. Fantastic. Then watched serenity again, made much more sense. Even my dad borrowed it and though it was a great series.

Khyron