PDA

View Full Version : Jet Brand Tools - Any good?

RWD
01-02-2007, 09:39 PM
I was at House of Tools recently and saw Jet tools being sold there. They were very competitively priced and offer a lifetime warranty. I was wondering how these tools hold up compared to Snap On/ Matco ?

FiveFreshFish
01-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I have a few Jet impact sockets. No problems so far.

legendboy
01-03-2007, 09:31 AM
jet are decient. middle of the road stuff like craftsman. nothing wrong with it

teggypimp95
01-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Yeah i bought a jet socket set a few years ago. Seems to be holding up better than most of my tools. The only problem i have is the rubber is pealing of the handel but i dont care about that. They seem strong.

black j
01-03-2007, 10:28 AM
All of my tools are Jet and they have treated me well for the last few years.

boarderfatty
01-03-2007, 11:28 AM
As long as it has a lifetime guarentee i dont really think it matters what type of tools you use

RWD
01-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Are you guys using these tools in a shop setting?

I'm starting out as a tech and some of the guys are telling me to buy the expensive stuff now or I will regret it later.

schurchill39
01-05-2007, 02:52 AM
I got a 500$ "tool kit" from work and 90% of the tools in it are Jet. So far they are standing up really well and have no problem at all when working on tractor trailers. Their crescent wrenches tend to get sticky and rusty if left around moisture but most of it just wipes off.

That tool kit stays on my unit incase I need to do repairs in the feild but for at the shop I have a craftsman set.

All in all good quality tool expecially if they have a lifetime warrenty.

EDIT: I have 2 full socket sets, 2 different sized cresent wrenches, 2 different sized pipe wrenches, 1 chisel set, a full wrench set, full screwdriver set and a hacksaw that is all Jet tools.

Maxt
01-05-2007, 07:30 AM
For light home use the Jet stuff is ok, for any kind of heavy or commercial use, buy something better..
I have gone through about 3 of sets of Jet tools, while my Mac and Gray stuff is still original and over 15 years old now.
Their ratchets blow up really easy..
For general hand tools, Klein, for wrenches, Mac, sockets gray or craftsmen.

962 kid
01-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by RWD
Are you guys using these tools in a shop setting?

I'm starting out as a tech and some of the guys are telling me to buy the expensive stuff now or I will regret it later.

Depends what their definition of 'expensive stuff' is. Stay away from snap on for as long as you can, their prices are ridiculous for the quality of their tools and the on-site replacement policy is inconsistent. Cheaper tools are alright for a little bit, but you will get tired of running back to canadian tire for replacements every weekend, so it may be better to buy the tools you will use most often from a good company like Hazet, Stahlwile or Gray.

dave5473
01-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I have some Jet tools and have had no problems with them, and the warranty is good.