PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone who works for Honda confirm this?

3G
01-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Found this on another forum can any honda employees confirm this?

I just had a CEL light a few days ago. So I took the car to the dealers to findout what is going on. It turns out the code was P1457, which is the code for EVAP System Leak Detected (Control Canister). Now many of you may have read from my previous posts that Honda has extended their emissions warranty for 1995-1997 Accords. So therefore, when an emissions related part fails or has to be replaced, it is covered under the warranty and you are not charged for the part itself or labor. Well good news for me because the service advisor told me that the Purge Control Solenoid Valve was stuck open, and that they will replace it with a new one at NO cost to me. I am so glad I purchased this car, and I will continue to buy Honda Vehicles for the very reason that under this warranty I have received so many parts for free.

The warranty covers 1995-1997 Accords upto 150,000Miles.

Under this warranty, I have received the following free parts/services.

Oil Change
Cap/Rotor/Distributor
Spark Plugs/Wires
ECU!
Purge Control Solenoid Valve

The 3 items I listed first are included whether or not there is anything wrong with your car. So, the only reason for me to post this topic is to advise those of you who still believe the dealer charges too much for services, that alot of benefits are available from the dealer versus an outside mechanic.

In my case an outside mechanic wanted $30 to findout CEL Code + $70 for whatever it would be.

Later

Do you have to be the original owner to get warranty work done?

h_s
01-04-2007, 12:55 AM
go to auto value.. ask them to look up recalls/service bulletins on all-data of your vehicle.... im back in class on monday ill do it for you if you dont get it done by then

3G
01-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by h_s
go to auto value.. ask them to look up recalls/service bulletins on all-data of your vehicle.... im back in class on monday ill do it for you if you dont get it done by then

ill try to go today and do it if not ill let u know thx :thumbsup: