PDA

View Full Version : Where to go to get birth certificate

DepTrotter
01-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello, i was just wondering where to go to get a birth certificate, my girlfriend lost hers, and shes gonna need it to cross the border

also how long does it take to receive it?
Any info would be appreciated thanks!

shakalaka
01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I thought after december you must have your Passport to get into the States. They are changing, if already haven't changed the law or something, I think.

DepTrotter
01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
i was reading an old thread that said, flying you will need a passport but driving is ok with dl and bc

i could be wrong

Kona9
01-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Harry Hayes

shakalaka
01-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Yea I would actually look into it to be honest. Just don't take the chance you know. I mean I am not 100% sure, but from what I have been reading and hearing in the past, I think you will need passport over the road as well. But then again, I could be wrong as well. Like I said, I would look into it before actually going.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-04-2007, 04:22 PM
After Jan 23rd you need the passport to cross the border while flying, as I just got mine since i'll be heading down to florida in feb with the family... Not sure about driving, I heard you can get across with license/bc, but I'd deff get a passport anyways, as it's safer.

Also, you might wanna get one soon, as they are majorly backlogged from everyone trying to get one b4 the 23rd...

DRAGON77
01-04-2007, 04:29 PM
GO THE REGISTRY
IT TAKES 4 DAYS

DepTrotter
01-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by DRAGON77
GO THE REGISTRY
IT TAKES 4 DAYS

to get a birth certificate?

Kritafo
01-04-2007, 04:36 PM
It depends. If she was born in Alberta then you can download the forms from the gov site.

http://governmentservices.gov.ab.ca/vs/births/certificates.cfm
gives both Alberta and non Alberta residence.

It does sometimes take longer. You can pay an additional fee for speedier service I believe, through Rush Services.

DepTrotter
01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
we went to the registry and got it for 30 bucks or something takes 2-3weeks to receive

on to the next question

can we cross the border with just a drivers license and birth certificate

asuth077
01-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I am pretty sure you need a birth certificate to get a passport, so she will have to do one before the other anyway.

Ajay
01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
You do need a birth certificate to get a passport. You need your birth certificate and another form of government issued ID (Drivers License works best).

You CAN enter the US until Jan 23 via air with a drivers license and a birth certificate. After Jan 23 the only way to enter into the US by air is with a valid passport. You can still return to Canada after Jan 23 with just a drivers license and birth certificate.

You can enter the US with a drivers license and birth certificate if you are driving into the US until Dec 31.2007. After that date you will be required to have a passport if you are driving into the US as well.

89coupe
01-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I got mine from the BC Government, took two weeks to get at a cost of $35

All depends on where you were born.

shakalaka
01-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
You do need a birth certificate to get a passport. You need your birth certificate and another form of government issued ID (Drivers License works best).

You CAN enter the US until Jan 23 via air with a drivers license and a birth certificate. After Jan 23 the only way to enter into the US by air is with a valid passport. You can still return to Canada after Jan 23 with just a drivers license and birth certificate.

You can enter the US with a drivers license and birth certificate if you are driving into the US until Dec 31.2007. After that date you will be required to have a passport if you are driving into the US as well.

Ok I guess I got the years mixed up then. I knew they would be changing it after December just wasn't sure if 2006 or 07.

DepTrotter
01-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Ajay

do you have any proof of this, i wouldnt like to be rejected from the border

szw
01-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

do you have any proof of this, i wouldnt like to be rejected from the border
How about you look it up yourself? Hint: google works well

jus_sum_guy
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
It's true. You can use a DL/BC if you're driving across the border.

Don't know if it means anything to you, but being a travel agent I have to keep on top of these things, so I'm 100% sure....

DepTrotter
01-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by szw

How about you look it up yourself? Hint: google works well

hey mr.useless posts.. why dont you google your name, and find no results and realize you are almost as unimportant as your posts

fag

DepTrotter
02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
found this out

JRSC00LUDE
02-16-2007, 02:33 PM

hey mr.useless posts.. why dont you google your name, and find no results and realize you are almost as unimportant as your posts

fag

hey mr. useless threads. why don't you google your fucking question instead of wasting our time. Here you go,

fag.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency/whti-ivho/tourist-touriste-e.html

b.t.w. - that took me about 9 seconds to find you stupid lazy bastard. :D

DepTrotter
02-16-2007, 02:57 PM
wow thanks buddy, maybe use your fucking eyes and read my post above.. i obviously already found that website, and the original question i asked was about getting a birth certificate.. sooo.. where exactly are you going with this?

you stupid lazy bastard. :D i liked that though

nice avatar too looks like a good burger

JRSC00LUDE
02-16-2007, 03:06 PM
wow thanks buddy, maybe use your fucking eyes and read my post above.. i obviously already found that website, and the original question i asked was about getting a birth certificate.. sooo.. where exactly are you going with this?

you stupid lazy bastard. :D i liked that though

nice avatar too looks like a good burger

Well, I was kind of going here.......

.....on to the next question

can we cross the border with just a drivers license and birth certificate

But hey, how can I argue with a guy that appreciates a good burger? Fag comment hereby withdrawn! :thumbsup: