PDA

View Full Version : Hand break cable

fanman
01-05-2007, 02:44 PM
i snapped my hand break cable in my 92 integra.is this fixable.. and which is the easiest way to fix it?
Thanksss

Sharpie
01-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Easiest way to fix it would be to replace it. Hit up the dealer or wrecker.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I just replaced mine in my civic... It's not that bad, I picked em up used off of a beyond member here.

It'll cost ~50 IIRC from the dealership... that's for a set I think... Might be more as well.

fanman
01-07-2007, 01:51 PM
i have an integra parts car where i am pulling it from... the job just seems impossible to do... i have started to open it but i dont know how to get the cable past the inside of the car to the outside...any suggestions

mo_money2supe
01-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I just replaced mine in my civic... It's not that bad, I picked em up used off of a beyond member here.

It'll cost ~50 IIRC from the dealership... that's for a set I think... Might be more as well.

You finally got them in eh? Hope they're working out for ya, mine sure are!

And what?! Only $50 for a brand new set from the dealership? I paid $75 at the junkyard for my replacements!! You sure it's not EACH?

Originally posted by fanman
i have an integra parts car where i am pulling it from... the job just seems impossible to do... i have started to open it but i dont know how to get the cable past the inside of the car to the outside...any suggestions

Take off the plastic piece that covers your handbrake and you'll see how they're attached. There's two grommets that feed the cable itself into the car; simply push the grommets through and they'll come out easily. The whole process is actually pretty simple. The hardest part, though, will probably be putting the cables back onto the handbrake after you've replaced them.

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe
And what?! Only $50 for a brand new set from the dealership? I paid $75 at the junkyard for my replacements!! You sure it's not EACH?

One brake cable cost me over $90 at CMS for a 3rd gen Lude.

carter_prelude
01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I just did them in my Talon....what a pain in the ass! hopefulyl its easyer for you :thumbsup: i can't imagine attepting them on the ground...:eek:

fanman
01-07-2007, 09:47 PM
WICKED..i finally uninstalled them from the part car.... now i need a nice weekend to install them into my car...its SUCKS doing this when the car is only 3feet high...o wells

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe

You finally got them in eh? Hope they're working out for ya, mine sure are!

Got ONE in... the broken one, lol.

Other one goes in when I have time... Now that I know how to do it, it should go much faster.