PDA

View Full Version : Can you turbo anything?

harley11
01-05-2007, 09:52 PM
I have a mazda b2600 that is gutless over the mountains. I mean first gear climbing kicking horse mountain. Now i love imports and love this truck. So what are my options to making it highway speed and reliable and money spent well.

I have a ford crown vic with a 5.0 in it but don't think it would match up to the transmission...lol

the_new_santa1
01-05-2007, 10:02 PM
first off, you can turbo anything it is just about how much time and money......Secondly some simple upgrades can make a huge diffrence, i know a guy with a geo tracker, 92 horse power stock, he put on a snorkle and an exhaust it is ridicolous how much more power he now has......Especially the snorkle, i dont know if that is the direction you wanna follow, just my 2cents....

Edit:
Due to the age of the vehicle i would almost guarentee that your cat is not working properly, so either remove it from the exhaust or buy a new high flow unit...

Hoey
01-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Turboing that would be expensive and unreliable without pulling a motor.....
The 5L would be a hard swap too, basically I think your stuck with that...I think it would be easier to put a truck bed on the crown vic:nut:
But you never know I have a friend with a Toyota Hilux, We just finished putting in a Mustang 5.0L with Mustang Tranny, Toyota Transfer case and rear end.

IHMO sorry but its hopeless:cry:

Euro_Trash
01-05-2007, 10:10 PM
It could be done if you want it badly enough. Build a junkyard turbo kit.
As said above though, an intake and exhaust would help the car breath a lot, maybe try that first.