PDA

View Full Version : car moulding

aL1
01-06-2007, 12:35 PM
hey i was wondering if there is anything which i can used to put the moulding for the front doors on my car, ive tried different type of moulding glues but they dont seem to be working. also in cold weather it seams to just start falling off

any ideas??:dunno:

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-06-2007, 12:38 PM
The side moldings?

Should have holes for the clips.. :dunno:

aL1
01-06-2007, 12:46 PM
nope its the mouldin on the door

aL1
01-06-2007, 12:47 PM
i was wondering would double sided tape work?

smontyLS1
01-06-2007, 12:49 PM
there is the thick two sided 3m stuff that is used quite often, it has to be superclean and you need to use an activator to make it hold properly. I'm not sure what the activator is though but I'm pretty sure thats the process

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by aL1
nope its the mouldin on the door

That's exactly what I'm talking about. If the door came with side moldings (door and such) from the factory, 90% of the cars I know of with them, have the holes for clips to go into... What kind of car do you have? If not, use double sided tape, that way you can remove it at a later date without too much dmg.

Sharpie
01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

That's exactly what I'm talking about. If the door came with side moldings (door and such) from the factory, 90% of the cars I know of with them, have the holes for clips to go into... What kind of car do you have? If not, use double sided tape, that way you can remove it at a later date without too much dmg.

Alot of cars just use double sided tape to hold on mouldings.

But just clean up the paint with some rubbing alcohol and then apply the double sided tape to the moulding and line it up first before sticking it down because it will be a bitch to take off and re-do.

aL1
01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
ive gotta jetta, it does have holes on the doors but there is no clip on the moulding so i guess i gotta use double sided tape

Sharpie
01-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by aL1
ive gotta jetta, it does have holes on the doors but there is no clip on the moulding so i guess i gotta use double sided tape

Just make sure it makes a good seal so water cant get in those holes. or even just cover them up with duct tape so water cant leak in.

aL1
01-06-2007, 03:48 PM
ok, thanks for the info guys