PDA

View Full Version : Bsen291

petoria
01-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Has anyone taken this course? If so, could you please tell me what it's like? The lecture, labs, and such. Is it a GPA booster?

Thanks

AsianCaucasian
01-07-2007, 08:18 PM
If you don't like group work, stay out. It's a gpa booster if you manage to get a good group. The exams are fairly easy if you study and know your stuff. You don't need to go to all the labs as some of them are quite useless, and you can choose one of you group members to go in to the labs and fill the group in on the info later.

BrknFngrs
01-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
If you don't like group work, stay out. It's a gpa booster if you manage to get a good group. The exams are fairly easy if you study and know your stuff. You don't need to go to all the labs as some of them are quite useless, and you can choose one of you group members to go in to the labs and fill the group in on the info later.

perfect description, this class is all about your group. If you can go into it with a group of people you know and work well with it should be a pretty good class for ya

petoria
01-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Do you pick your group? Or are your groups assigned?

pyar_deewane
01-07-2007, 08:26 PM
what lecture are you in petoria;)

petoria
01-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately the one at 8am TR...SO GROSS...I want another time slot!!

AsianCaucasian
01-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by petoria
Do you pick your group? Or are your groups assigned?

Groups are assigned. They seemingly split up the groups as to evenly distribute people based on race... You're bound to get stuck with at least one fob.

petoria
01-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Great...

Group work you mentioned, so what exactly is the workload like for BSEN?

sexualbanana
01-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian

We never had labs when I took it.... Unless you're talking about those Thursday "labs" which only serve 2 purposes: 1) A timeslot for you to write your midterms in; and 2) To already allot you and your group 2 hours a week to work/study, thus giving you no excuse for not getting anything done.

AsianCaucasian
01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

We never had labs when I took it.... Unless you're talking about those Thursday "labs" which only serve 2 purposes: 1) A timeslot for you to write your midterms in; and 2) To already allot you and your group 2 hours a week to work/study, thus giving you no excuse for not getting anything done.

Yeah, its those Thursday labs. One of them is for teaching you how to properly eat with a knife and fork...

The workload is fairly light if your group keeps on schedule. You have to do a report on a company that is assigned to you.

pyar_deewane
01-07-2007, 08:48 PM
hey petoria are u in haskayne?

petoria
01-07-2007, 09:19 PM
In Pre-Commerce now, was in Geophysics...didn't like it after I finished the finals, hoping to find a better suited faculty. Trying to get into Finance. Is it one company for the whole year?

petoria
01-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Instead of Geophysics...lets just say Science...:)

AsianCaucasian
01-07-2007, 09:27 PM
In Pre-Commerce now, was in Geophysics...didn't like it after I finished the finals, hoping to find a better suited faculty. Trying to get into Finance. Is it one company for the whole year?

Yes.

pyar_deewane
01-07-2007, 09:28 PM
^^haha okay:thumbsup:

petoria
01-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks so much AsianCaucasian, your replies have been really helpful!

boostless
01-08-2007, 03:07 AM
take it with sadrehashemi, easiest prof, easy ass midterm and final too, and he's an easy marker on the grp work

sexualbanana
01-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Althouse should still be teaching it. It's the only class he teaches and he's really good

petoria
01-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by boostless
take it with sadrehashemi, easiest prof, easy ass midterm and final too, and he's an easy marker on the grp work

Yeah, my lectures are with Sadrehashemi AT EIGHT IN THE MORNING?!?! GROSSS Oh well, i'm looking forward to this Class.

boostless
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
he's late half the time anyways, and really, all u need to do is be there for when ur groups are chosen, other than that read the text, u dont really need to go to class, but go if the accoutning stuff seems a little tricky to u at first for examples

HyperZell
01-09-2007, 03:56 AM

Yeah, my lectures are with Sadrehashemi AT EIGHT IN THE MORNING?!?! GROSSS Oh well, i'm looking forward to this Class.

Just show up and go to sleep. That's what I did, no problems whatsoever...and he's cool enough to not care, as long as you're not snoring =)