PDA

View Full Version : Two new Gears of War maps.. Jan 11

wainr
01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.mygen.com.au/article.php?page_id=20876975110181063&se_id=29&format=2

schocker
01-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Wow, I just realized i have completely neglected this game to play Saints Row, Viva Pinata and RB6. I will have to pick it up again.

wainr
01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
There will be an update tomorrow..

Epic Games announced today it will roll out an update for Gears of War tomorrow, Tuesday January 9, 2007, ahead of the release of the Map Pack 1.

Here is a list of what was addressed in this update:

* Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
* Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
* Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
* Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
* Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
* Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
* Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
* Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
* Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
* Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
* Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
* Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
* Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
* Added additional cheat detection code
* Additional housekeeping updates

Oh and..

Today, during Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates' CES keynote address in Las Vegas, Robbie Bach revealed that Gears of War from Epic Games has sold 2.7 million copies eight weeks after it went on sale.

:D

spyce
01-10-2007, 01:39 AM
The new maps are gonna be up in an hour or so apparently. Cant wait =)

EnRich
01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I gotta say, I played the game last night for the first time on xBox live split screen, and it was amazing. I cant believe 360 graphics beat out a computer's. It honestly kinda pisses me off. Guess we'll have to wait and see till Vista comes out. GoW is a great game though, had alot of fun with it.

schocker
01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I got some walkthrough videos from microsoft, so i will try to post those later.

lexIS300
01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
ne one download ne maps yet

tictactoe2004
01-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by lexIS300
ne one download ne maps yet

yes, they're nothing special, same as the ones that are out now, but its nice to have 2 extra maps. The one with the chopper seems VERY small though.

schocker
01-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Stupid video wont upload it is stupid. I will have to try this after some small arms and vegas