PDA

View Full Version : blown motor

littledan
05-18-2003, 04:15 AM
not sure if this was someone on this board...

was cruising today when i ran into some traffic. i downshifted a couple of times and found enough room to squeeze through. at this moment a 98 talon esi beside me gunned his motor and i heard a loud bang and blue smoke started pouring out of his exhaust. pulled over to see if i could give this guy a hand. turns out he had nos. looked at his car and could see oil everywhere! I looked closer and saw a hole the size of a tennis ball in his block!! If you are on this board I hope everything works out for you and it doensn't cost too much to replace that engine.:(

dan

.. I'm in edmonton for those who are wondering where this happened

jdmakkord
05-18-2003, 04:16 AM
haha OWN3D by nawwwwwwwwwwwwwws

eclipse2000
05-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Dang, sounds like that dude threw a rod out onto the street. good luck with all that
http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/owned%20stripped%20car.jpg

girlRACER
05-19-2003, 01:34 PM
:werd: I saw a VW Corrado get towed at V8less because he had blown his motor using Nos too.

ecstasy_civic
05-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
:werd: I saw a VW Corrado get towed at V8less because he had blown his motor using Nos too.

:werd: i took a pic of it

crxcel
05-19-2003, 03:55 PM
mine got towed from the V8less drags because i blew my damn head gasket...

ecstasy_civic
05-19-2003, 03:56 PM
is your car orange???

crxcel
05-19-2003, 06:55 PM
no its green/blue

talonboi
05-20-2003, 08:49 AM
ouch man...he might as well get another talon...and maybe this time he wont use nos:banghead: :banghead:
with my motor i only spunn a bearing...still alot of work but i can still rebuild it...

LancerShelby
05-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by littledan
not sure if this was someone on this board...

was cruising today when i ran into some traffic. i downshifted a couple of times and found enough room to squeeze through. at this moment a 98 talon esi beside me gunned his motor and i heard a loud bang and blue smoke started pouring out of his exhaust. pulled over to see if i could give this guy a hand. turns out he had nos. looked at his car and could see oil everywhere! I looked closer and saw a hole the size of a tennis ball in his block!! If you are on this board I hope everything works out for you and it doensn't cost too much to replace that engine.:(

dan

.. I'm in edmonton for those who are wondering where this happened
I work with the guy here in Calgary. His parents live in Edmonton. He's been waiting for a while to get the nitrous working, I guess it worked. This was the first thing we talked about Tuesday morning. He said #2 cylinger went. I kept telling him before this to just buy a turbo talon, but to no avail.

DSM Power
05-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby
I kept telling him before this to just buy a turbo talon, but to no avail.
Doh! :banghead:

speedyalero
05-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby

I work with the guy here in Calgary. His parents live in Edmonton. He's been waiting for a while to get the nitrous working, I guess it worked. This was the first thing we talked about Tuesday morning. He said #2 cylinger went. I kept telling him before this to just buy a turbo talon, but to no avail.

Ouch. did he even bother doing anything to his engine to "prep it" for NOS? I've seen guys kill motors nicely by attempting to run 100-150 shots on stock motors....

Mike09
05-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Another tragic side effect of N2O.

88CRX
05-21-2003, 09:09 PM
i blew my damn head gasket...

i feel your pain..... my cooling system was screwed up and the overflow tank blew open in speedvilles parking lot :confused: :D

I closed it and kept driving despite the smoke (opps) and the overflow blew up again later at night causing a ton o steam and shit ( I new I was replacing the motor at this time so I didn't care) oh ya rad fluid is a bitch to clean

EstoMax
05-22-2003, 11:13 PM
mab he just didnt know how to use nos..
my friend had an adjustable up to 300shot on his car in australia b4 he moved to edmonton. but he didnt have stock internals..

max

rice_eater
05-22-2003, 11:57 PM
Why can't people understand that you HAVE to prep your engine for punishment before adding retarded amounts of nitrous or boost ???:banghead:

LancerShelby
05-24-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
Why can't people understand that you HAVE to prep your engine for punishment before adding retarded amounts of nitrous or boost ???:banghead: A 70 Shot isn't a retarded amount. People didn't learn how to make things fast by not breaking shit.