PDA

View Full Version : v8less SCC - May 18, 2003 discussion

spyguy
05-18-2003, 06:25 PM
got more?

04blackMAX
05-18-2003, 06:29 PM
yeah or a link so we can see all the pic?

Wildcat
05-18-2003, 06:41 PM
got any pics of the Z8? thats pretty sweet that rage beat it, how close was it?

SilverRex
05-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
got any pics of the Z8? thats pretty sweet that rage beat it, how close was it?

rage was in the 13s and the lowest I think the z8 got was 14.04 1/4 mile. unfortunately its probablly due to the altitude we are in. so in other words, the AMG is fast.. rage2 did something to it..

02bump'nWRX
05-18-2003, 06:58 PM
damn man i should have went!!!!! Hey Enoch or anyone else that went did you see a 4 door ford focus wagon that was all done up with 18's, video, kit and racing seats. i know him from red deer and he thought he was going to win the show :rolleyes:

2000impreza
05-18-2003, 07:25 PM
silverrex nice pics.

anyone know who won the v8less event?

Fuji
05-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

rage was in the 13s and the lowest I think the z8 got was 14.04 1/4 mile. unfortunately its probablly due to the altitude we are in. so in other words, the AMG is fast.. rage2 did something to it..

Dude that car is stock. Kenny ran a 13.1 at Bud park last year. Don't underestimate the AMG because the z8 is slow

max_boost
05-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

Dude that car is stock. Kenny ran a 13.1 at Bud park last year. Don't underestimate the AMG because the z8 is slow

I don't know about that! Don't forget rage2 has those glowing AMG side door panels! :rofl:

hjr
05-18-2003, 08:02 PM
looks like fun. too bad i was all busy blowing up my engine at the bighorn

l/l/rX
05-18-2003, 08:04 PM
ahaha, anyone see that neon with the flames on the side. something back fired in the engine. he was going to do a burn out before he got up to the start line, then all of a sudden *BOOM* you see this flame come from the side, and something fly out it was funny.

to my suprise the Talons were frickin' FAST!!! running 13's and 14's. and maybe 12's? i dont remember. there were some pretty fast civics too.

when my pics get developed, i'll post some pics up of rage2's burn outs :D unless someone else has some pics of him doing that..

SilverRex
05-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

yes I know AMG are dam fast, but Z8 aint slow either. hockey players can only fight and score maybe he doesnt know how to drive lol..

anyways I serious heard someone mention Rage2 did some stuff to his car to make it run alittle faster and try to break into 12s

P.S it was nice to see beyond had a setup there, sign me up for the next one I want to come represent with beyond as well =]

Miss_Celica
05-18-2003, 08:57 PM
aww I wish I went now =(

SilverRex
05-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Miss_Celica
aww I wish I went now =(

:rolleyes: if you had gone you would have been wind sick like me... *barf..

Fuji
05-18-2003, 09:00 PM
ggod pics anyways

Miss_Celica
05-18-2003, 09:00 PM
u have to log in for that link, too lazy to do that, any other link that would lead us directly in?

Miss_Celica
05-18-2003, 09:02 PM

:rolleyes: if you had gone you would have been wind sick like me... *barf..

you serious? well I would have but I had problems with the accord and plus the weather was pretty icky, but wow wish I was there:(

DSM Power
05-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Looks like there was a few Eclipses there as well. :thumbsup:

SilverRex
05-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Miss_Celica

you serious? well I would have but I had problems with the accord and plus the weather was pretty icky, but wow wish I was there:(

if there was anything worth checking out "for you" that is, its the silver celica. it was heavily modded I think with kit, wing, graphix and a nice cover on the head lights. looks relaly sharp and clean.. too bad I forgot to take a picture..

sabien
05-18-2003, 09:15 PM
Hey,

I'm new to this board. Someone put a beyond.ca card on my window today at the v8less. I drive a silver WRX with a wings west body kit.

Miss_Celica
05-18-2003, 09:15 PM
:( I missed that too, and yah you should have took a picture for me, wow and it was silver too? thats just great..:banghead:

sabien
05-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Here you go!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/pcaf32eb593785a411625dcc7992b1dd0/fc21ed08.jpg

SilverRex
05-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by sabien
Hey,

I'm new to this board. Someone put a beyond.ca card on my window today at the v8less. I drive a silver WRX with a wings west body kit.

yo, where do you live?
another suby, sweet, :thumbsup: more the merrier

welcome to beyond.ca, where its not about any one individual but rather everyone else together that makes the difference. ok what the hell am I saying, scrap that..

well its about time we have more wrx, im startnig to feel outnumbered by the slks at every meet.

sexualbanana
05-18-2003, 09:35 PM

i saw laraque run a 13.5 once

SilverRex
05-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

i saw laraque run a 13.5 once

I must of miss that race then, I saw him ran with a M3 twice, and with rage2 3 times

Ben
05-18-2003, 10:34 PM
I took a HELLOVALOT of pics, will have them edited and hosted shortly.

Dope Dealer
05-18-2003, 10:35 PM
Wow, that is pretty cool that Georges Laraque came out. Toughest guy in the NHL! :)

van
05-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Toughest but not fastest! hahaha

JDC™
05-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Laraque's best time was a 13.44

(i was the guy handing out timeslips :P)

rage2
05-18-2003, 11:48 PM
and my best was [email protected]. I was running anywhere from 13.2 to 13.9 due to extensive wheelspin in 1st and 2nd.

And in case anyone is wondering, lighter wheels, ECU set to 93 octane euro setting, air filters, and race gas. The lower altitude is awesome, plus the pressure was quite high, making my car near sea level performance.

It was fun. George is interested in running track days, and learning how to turn too :D.

5.9 R/T
05-19-2003, 12:00 AM
It's Georges, he's french.

rage2
05-19-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
when my pics get developed, i'll post some pics up of rage2's burn outs :D unless someone else has some pics of him doing that..
SWEEEET! Man I did like a 15-20 second burnout, and there was soooo much smoke. My cabin filled with smoke like it was on fire! Crazy stuff!

Ben
05-19-2003, 12:49 AM
some pics of todays events!

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/SCC-051803

RiCE-DaDDy
05-19-2003, 01:03 AM
judging from the pics, its looks like the AB import culture still needs a lot of growing, but its getting better :)

Wildcat
05-19-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Wow, that is pretty cool that Georges Laraque came out. Toughest guy in the NHL! :)

plzzzzz... brashier would kick his ass (lol, ive seen him in person on a plane to vancouver when he used to play with them, hes pretty much got shoulders as wide as rage's car haha), plus he has a couple ferrari's, i forget which models tho, i think a modena for sure, and mayybe just mayyybe an F50, but i doubt it..

GTS Jeff
05-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
judging from the pics, its looks like the AB import culture still needs a lot of growing, but its getting better :) are u kidding? the ab scene is pretty damn big considering how small calgary and edmonton are. right now im in cleveland, a city of about 4 million people, and the scene here is nowhere near as good as in ab. i see a lot of nice and respectable cars in those pics. do u realize how many of those cars in the pics have engine swaps or are fi?

GTS Jeff
05-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Ben
some pics of todays events!

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/SCC-051803 fawk those pics are rad benny...its too bad i missed this scc, but ill be at the sept one for sure!

Dope Dealer
05-19-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

plzzzzz... brashier would kick his ass (lol, ive seen him in person on a plane to vancouver when he used to play with them, hes pretty much got shoulders as wide as rage's car haha), plus he has a couple ferrari's, i forget which models tho, i think a modena for sure, and mayybe just mayyybe an F50, but i doubt it..

Brashear is a pussy. He only fights people he know's who he will beat. You see guy's like Stevens and Domi hazing him and he just skates away. Then a little puke comes by and he thinks it's alright to beat him up.

Anyways.... :) Hahahha..

I want to see some of those Burnouts.. Get on it Jarett :nut:

hjr
05-19-2003, 10:48 AM
good pics ben. Im definetly gonna come out for the sept. one.

girlRACER
05-19-2003, 11:26 AM
ahaha, anyone see that neon with the flames on the side. something back fired in the engine. he was going to do a burn out before he got up to the start line, then all of a sudden *BOOM* you see this flame come from the side, and something fly out it was funny.

You mean this one?

http://www.girlracer.ca/039.jpg

Yeah...I was lining up right behind the guy and all I heard was a loud pop sound and then something that looked like it belonged to his muffler fell out. That neon was pretty quick though.

girlRACER
05-19-2003, 11:29 AM
I found the dragstrip at Budweiser Park to be more efficient than RaceCity. The lineup only took about 5 minutes. Best run was 15.4 sec which was .3 seconds faster than my best run in Calgary.

Superesc
05-19-2003, 11:41 AM
Nice Pics Benny! And Congratulation to Jackie! Atleast ONE SLK got an award! :D

Ben
05-19-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
Nice Pics Benny!

I love keeping people visially informed.

And Congratulation to Jackie! Atleast ONE SLK got an award! :D

:D!

yes, well done! :clap: :clap:

l/l/rX
05-19-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by rage2

SWEEEET! Man I did like a 15-20 second burnout, and there was soooo much smoke. My cabin filled with smoke like it was on fire! Crazy stuff!

ahaha yea it was sweet! cept i missed some of it...cause i was watching the end of the race that was before you. i was hoping you would do a couple more. you did like 2 or 3 or something like that i think i have a couple good pics of you doing burnouts.

bad news guys, i put my film in the 5 day photolab at superstore :banghead: and they got rid of their 2 day thingy :banghead: soo its only 1hour photolab, or 5 day heh :banghead: :banghead:

well i have 3 rolls of film that i will be looking foward to see. :D

l/l/rX
05-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

You mean this one?

Yeah...I was lining up right behind the guy and all I heard was a loud pop sound and then something that looked like it belonged to his muffler fell out. That neon was pretty quick though.

ahaha yea that one, i wonder what happened to it. :dunno: some cars crapped out alot down there. :thumbsdow

l/l/rX
05-19-2003, 01:14 PM
Nice Pics Benny! And Congratulation to Jackie! Atleast ONE SLK got an award! :D

good job mang :thumbsup: (what did you win it for?) i left early though around 3 when time trials where over, soo i missed out on the awards, who won what? who won the 1/4 mile? im guessing that subie wrx station wagon that was running low 12's with 300+hp...:thumbsup: :D

rage2
05-19-2003, 01:19 PM
who won the 1/4 mile? im guessing that subie wrx station wagon that was running low 12's with 300+hp...:thumbsup: :D
The WRX was running high 12's. The DSM owned everyone with a 11.995 pass in the finals :eek:

girlRACER
05-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Here is a pic of the Subaru. Unfortunately I didn't get any of the Talon :(

http://www.girlracer.ca/036.jpg

l/l/rX
05-19-2003, 01:26 PM
o yea and btw...i was supprised there werent any S2K's competing or even in the show and shine :( wassup with that!?!??!

girlRACER
05-19-2003, 01:30 PM
I saw a white S2K there but I don't think it was competing in any events.

Did anyone see that red prelude with altezzas getting towed on the way back to Calgary? He must've been speeding excessively.

boi-alien
05-19-2003, 02:56 PM

SWEEEET! Man I did like a 15-20 second burnout, and there was soooo much smoke. My cabin filled with smoke like it was on fire! Crazy stuff! dude, i was right behind you when you did that, stunk up my cabin too!!

SilverRex
05-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
Here is a pic of the Subaru. Unfortunately I didn't get any of the Talon :(

http://www.girlracer.ca/036.jpg

ya I kant imagine finding a job where all you do is travel to different events between cities to promote rally subaru and at the same time have everything sponsored right left and center. That car should be around 350-400 hp.

SplineZ
05-19-2003, 05:45 PM
That subbie sounded mean, Quite suprised how quick it was..

I saw rage2's burnout, haha, that was sweeet! I wish I brought my camera, Sooo many nice cars around :)

The 2 First gen Talons where insane! holy crap!

Im suprised there was only 1 MR2 in the drags. I saw another 1st gen in the showoff area.. Dark metallic blue, a perfect color for for that car.

The neon blew its air filter off. I am not sure what happend, but he went to burn out and POOOF! that thing came flyin out from under his hood. A friend an I were sitting in the stands, and someone behind us said "Thats what you get for buyin a dodge"... the lady in front of me wasnt too thrilled ;) She said "there isnt anythign dodge in there, only the shell" heheh.

Anybody know what happened to the corrado that came back on the tow truck? I think it was black

Who's Silver SC'd Cavalier was that? that car is damn nice! awsome job

All this racing makes me want to enter my car for the next one in september. We'll see how things are :)

One question.. Why would people want to go around the burnout spots? Dont want to warm the tires up or what? I guess tires arent cheap :)

Good job on SCC v8less guys, it was spectacular. (Cept the weather :)

JZ

girlRACER
05-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by SplineZ

One question.. Why would people want to go around the burnout spots? Dont want to warm the tires up or what? I guess tires arent cheap :)

JZ

A couple of people told me that unless someone is running on R-compounds or slicks it isn't a good idea to burnout the tires because it will just wear out the thread. :dunno:

mwmhong
05-19-2003, 05:54 PM

The neon blew its air filter off. I am not sure what happend, but he went to burn out and POOOF! that thing came flyin out from under his hood. A friend an I were sitting in the stands, and someone behind us said "Thats what you get for buyin a dodge"... the lady in front of me wasnt too thrilled ;) She said "there isnt anythign dodge in there, only the shell" heheh.

HaHa :clap:
I remember that Black Neon R/T with flames from the AbCars days, the owner Dan (?) was selling it for 15K.
I sort of wanted to buy it. :nut:

Best-looking modded neon EVA!! :bigpimp:

Melinda
05-19-2003, 06:18 PM
This weekend was a good event! I'm just editing pictures now, hopefully I'll have them up by tonight (I'll post the other pictures from the whole weekend as well) If you guys could though, let me know which of you don't want your faces in the pictures. You guys know who you are if I took your pics so make sure you PM me, k?

Awesome time guys, and very well done on behalf of Peter and Mark from v8less and Jackie for winning best girl racer!

Mel

redx2nv
05-19-2003, 06:29 PM

JZ

People with radials get water stuck in the treads later seeping out when you launch your car, whereas slicks dont hold water in because they have very little tread for no water to get stuck into..

Supercharged Z24=Calvins car...He is from edmonton.. :thumbsup:

speedracer
05-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

Best-looking modded neon EVA!! :bigpimp:
Yup. Apex Modified owns the car now.

I don't think I'm allowed to post how much HP & Torque the engine is producing yet. They are having traction problems like no tomorrow all the way to 3rd gear... :( To put the rumors at rest it's still a 2.0L DOHC

As for the air box... well I'll let folks bench race for the reason (though Bol, Rage2, and a few others would have an idea) :D

DSM Power
05-19-2003, 07:08 PM

The WRX was running high 12's. The DSM owned everyone with a 11.995 pass in the finals :eek:

Sweeeeeeet! What color was it? :D

BTW, congrats Jackie! :thumbsup:

SplineZ
05-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

BTW, congrats Jackie! :thumbsup:

I left before all this stuff, but the White talon was tearing shit up running very low 12's So im guessing it was him. A black or green (too dark to tell) one was running high 12's..

JZ

4G63Power
05-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

Marcin from Edmonton with the White 92 Talon

SPooLiN
05-19-2003, 10:54 PM

Im suprised there was only 1 MR2 in the drags. I saw another 1st gen in the showoff area.. Dark metallic blue, a perfect color for for that car.

Ya that was my yellow duece. There are never any MR2s that run at the track. I never saw one run last year either. I just got mine like 3 weeks ago and I ran 14.521. Not bad for all stock eh (well just an HKS Bov and upgraded IC piping but like that does anything hah)?:thumbsup:

SplineZ
05-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Ahhhhh. I love those cars. Always good to see another mid-engined car on the track :)

too bad workin on these cars (mid-engined) is such a pain in the ass, I woudl have had my car out there. Not that it'd stand much a chance but wth :D

Dems rare, where'd you find it?

JZ

Originally posted by SPooLiN

Ya that was my yellow duece. There are never any MR2s that run at the track. I never saw one run last year either. I just got mine like 3 weeks ago and I ran 14.521. Not bad for all stock eh (well just an HKS Bov and upgraded IC piping but like that does anything hah)?:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
05-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by SPooLiN

Ya that was my yellow duece. There are never any MR2s that run at the track. I never saw one run last year either. I just got mine like 3 weeks ago and I ran 14.521. Not bad for all stock eh (well just an HKS Bov and upgraded IC piping but like that does anything hah)?:thumbsup: :thumbsup: sw20 turbo is damn near perfect!

90CRXsi
05-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Ya I know. It took mayfield toyota 2 days to do the timing belt last week, not to mention it cost me 400 bucks haha.

I got it in Calgary, Ive been looking for one for about a year and finally the right one popped up and I bought it the same day.

Now I just gotta get my profec b and my hks FCD installed this week and then I can run 14psi :) . But what I really need to do is get rid of my Celica and then thats my turbo upgrade, kit, and rims.

SPooLiN
05-19-2003, 11:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
whoops my friend was just using my computer and didnt log out

bart
05-20-2003, 12:20 AM

Anybody know what happened to the corrado that came back on the tow truck? I think it was black

he upped his naws to like 75, and blew either his engine or tranny, the engine had 150k on it, and he just go the car.

some guy named calvin i think, i guy i work with here in calgary knows him. i was driving behind that cavvy on the highway to the event, i thought he seemed a little fast for a z24, lol.

bart

RiCE-DaDDy
05-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
are u kidding? the ab scene is pretty damn big considering how small calgary and edmonton are. right now im in cleveland, a city of about 4 million people, and the scene here is nowhere near as good as in ab. i see a lot of nice and respectable cars in those pics. do u realize how many of those cars in the pics have engine swaps or are fi?

yea, but from the pics, it seems like you know, the atmosphere just wasn't there, maybe because it seemed kinda cold and windy and losta plain grass...

ManHunter
05-20-2003, 03:23 PM
So, anyone knows if Georges blew up something in his Z8? His 2 first passes were mid 13s, and the 2 last passes were mid 19s...

MH

kenny
05-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Heard he killed his clutch but I didn't see it happen.

B17a
05-20-2003, 03:44 PM

I must of miss that race then, I saw him ran with a M3 twice, and with rage2 3 times

How did the M3 hold up against the Z8?

rage2
05-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by ManHunter
So, anyone knows if Georges blew up something in his Z8? His 2 first passes were mid 13s, and the 2 last passes were mid 19s...

MH
I spoke with George after the event, and he told me the 2nd last pass was done by his friend, who blew the clutch. The last run he drove to confirm that the clutch went. He's looking into a stronger clutch from Dinan.

l/l/rX
05-20-2003, 05:28 PM
well its nice to know that hes into cars/racing :D dont see too many celebrities out hitting the tracks up :D

SplineZ
05-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Totally, I'd love to see more celebs make it out.. Who cares what they drive be it a Z8 or a ferrari :) I'd race'em.. I wouldnt be pissed off to loose to a ferrari ;)

"yea man, so and so in his modena owned my ass.. im so pissed"

Just think how you'd feel it you beat it?!
"Whats the retail on one of those things?"

HAHAAHAH.

JZ

szw
05-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Is the z8 stock?

mitsuman
05-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by suffeks

he upped his naws to like 75, and blew either his engine or tranny, the engine had 150k on it, and he just go the car.

bart

I talked with him after the races. He broke the drivers side (short) drive shaft! So, nothing too too major!

Davan
05-20-2003, 08:43 PM

Yeah, his name is Calvin, he's got the GM Supercharger kit and a custom 6 pound pulley (stock the kit pushes 4.5 pounds). I think 14.8 was his best run that day.

dsm69
05-20-2003, 09:46 PM

JZ [/B][/QUOTE]

Cus water gets in the treads and gets draged on the track and their is no use to heat up street tires only slicks

redx2nv
05-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by dsm69

JZ

Cus water gets in the treads and gets draged on the track and their is no use to heat up street tires only slicks [/B][/QUOTE]

JZ

Originally posted by redx2nv
People with radials get water stuck in the treads later seeping out when you launch your car, whereas slicks dont hold water in because they have very little tread for no water to get stuck into..

beat u to it :nut: :dunno: :eek: :confused:

soloracer
05-20-2003, 10:13 PM

I saw the WRX pull off a 12.12 in the second round. I didn't stay for the finals though so I don't know what his times were there. I was a little dissapointed you didn't bring the 951 down. I would have been curious to see what it would run at that track.

Mark Seto
05-22-2003, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, and specail thanks to the poeple from Calgary who showed up despite the horrible windy weather.

We hope to see you all at our second event, V8less Nights at Northlands Sportex on July 5th, and our third event, SCC Part 2 on Sept 21st.