PDA

View Full Version : The "Dragon Boyz" Thread **Possible Spoilers**

toyboy88
01-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey all,
anybody start watching this show on CBC? Just watched part of the premiere i had on the PVR, and i have to say this show is quite good! Also, considering this is a complete Canadian production! Kudos to the producers so far...hope to see more great TV from this show!

Share/comment/etc. :D

vietdood
01-08-2007, 10:04 PM
it was good. eric tsang from infernal affairs stars in it. ending didn't have real closure. maybe there's a part 3?

euro_racer
01-08-2007, 10:11 PM
i stumbled across it and watched it last night. i like the show and i would like to see more of it...does anyone know what time it plays at? is it every sunday at 9?

vietdood
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
it's on right now on channel six. it's a 2 part miniseries. as of right now it's 1h15min into the show on the westcoast. eastcoast is finished as of 9pm mountain time.

?????
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I believe its only a 2 part mini series.

camby
01-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I absolutely hate the show.

toyboy88
01-08-2007, 10:31 PM
i was thinking, if CPS wanted to show what gang life leads to...with all there new "dead end" ads on buses, etc. don't u think it would be an idea to show this in say high schools maybe? more kids would actually pay attention that a random bus ad?

Impreza
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
So far pretty good

Pihsiak
01-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm just watching it for Eric Tsang.

I wonder how they got him over here to do this project.

euro_racer
01-08-2007, 10:38 PM
thanks alot :thumbsup: glad i didn't miss it

Kaos
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.dragonboys.ca/images/landingp_01.jpg

The white boy looks CRAZY!!!

bigbadboss101
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
I caught most of it. Pretty good. Dark though.

Machi
01-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I just caught the last hour of part 2... I thought it was pretty good, too bad I missed part 1 last night

saiyajin
01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
hah i was about to make a thread about this..

i thought it was done pretty good, basically watching YD but in Vancouver.. i didnt like the broken cantonese by some of the actors though but oh well i liked it :thumbsup:

Maxt
01-08-2007, 11:47 PM
For me it was to typically CBC, bad acting, bad production, and the to much of the oh so typical of Canadian dramas, "Lets swear alot, just to make it edgy and cover up for the lack of imaginative dialogue".. Every drama they do, they try to make it edgy by letting loose with the potty mouth, watch Law and Order, or even CSI, very good drama's and I cant remember actually ever hearing a real swear word on either of those shows. But for some reason the CBC thinks its being creative by being foul.
Nice to see some different actors though, the CBC seems to have its typical circle it pulls from , where the same actors seem to show up in every production to the point where you dont know if you are watching Nana Muskouris Christmas special or Davinci's inquest, until they start singing.

h_s
01-08-2007, 11:55 PM
the storyline is good so far. the acting really sucks ass... isnt the restaurant owner that s2000 dudes dad on fnf??

way to exploit cultures though... little mosque on the prarie, dragon boyz, theres probably some other show portraying natives... cbc blows.. hnit suck's nowadays too

saiyajin
01-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by h_s
the storyline is good so far. the acting really sucks ass... isnt the restaurant owner that s2000 dudes dad on fnf??

he was also in rush hour! :D

Pihsiak
01-09-2007, 12:51 AM
^^^

In a few weeks he's gonna be kicking Jack Bauer's ass

sexualbanana
01-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin

he was also in rush hour! :D

Originally posted by Pihsiak
^^^

In a few weeks he's gonna be kicking Jack Bauer's ass

He's fucking everywhere. He's like the asian Samuel L

yellowsnow
01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

LOL, i thought that was k-fed for a second

Kaos
01-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow

LOL, i thought that was k-fed for a second

You mean FED-X :rofl:

dj_rice
01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Either way, that white boy got pwned....getting his balls cut off :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But Steph Song....:poosie: :drool: :hitit:

l/l/rX
01-10-2007, 02:14 PM
it was cool. the ending of ep2 sucked though.

euro_racer
01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
yeah the ending of part 2 was pretty lame, but the black benz was nice haha

does anyone know if there will be more episodes comming out?

BerserkerCatSplat
01-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Holy shit, is that Eric Tsang? Now I'll have to watch it! :D

samo147
01-10-2007, 03:46 PM
was good
too bad i also missed part one...
they didnt advertise this series that good...

oh looks like theres torrents out too

dj_rice
01-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
yeah the ending of part 2 was pretty lame, but the black benz was nice haha

does anyone know if there will be more episodes comming out?

I think there was only 2 episodes thats it, and why would there be more episodes?Everyones in jail or dead......

euro_racer
01-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

I think there was only 2 episodes thats it, and why would there be more episodes?Everyones in jail or dead......

nothing wrong with liking a good show i think :dunno: ...besides i missed some parts of the 2nd part...

dj_rice
01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer

nothing wrong with liking a good show i think :dunno: ...besides i missed some parts of the 2nd part...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You must be a fat white ghost....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But meh the show was okay......I would of liked more YD style action :rofl: :rofl:

l/l/rX
01-10-2007, 11:59 PM
yea more ynd style. the asians looked soo lame in this series though.

jay42w8
01-11-2007, 01:28 AM
growing up in richmond and vancouver...I can tell you that the storyline was stupid, tame, and ridiculous...they obviously did not write the story based on any real accounts on what really goes on in the world of "asian organized crime on the westcoast" :rolleyes: ...it just was not plain realistic as it claimed to be...just some fantasy story written by some white guy of how he imagines the world to be like

Whitetiger
01-11-2007, 04:03 AM
That black Benz that "Movie Star" was driving, reminds me of Rage's Benz in his signature. :dunno:

5t3v3
01-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by jay42w8
growing up in richmond and vancouver...I can tell you that the storyline was stupid, tame, and ridiculous...they obviously did not write the story based on any real accounts on what really goes on in the world of "asian organized crime on the westcoast" :rolleyes: ...it just was not plain realistic as it claimed to be...just some fantasy story written by some white guy of how he imagines the world to be like

Why don't you tell us what the gang world is really like out there then?

BerserkerCatSplat
01-15-2007, 01:00 AM

A CBC TV-drama that isn't exactly true-to-life? Say it isn't so!

jay42w8
01-15-2007, 01:04 AM
well for one thing...when have hitmen ever had tear tattoos for every guy they killed?

2. look at the story line...its stupid...its just some dumb story about how this fob kid was ordered to rob some old couple and ended up kiling them....
I was expecting to watch a story about drug deals, money laundering, cash, murders....things that actually happen in the real world...maybe a story more focussed on high level gangsters...not some punk fresh off the boat loan shark.....this show was like a cheesy soap opera, thats the best way to describe it...it focussed only on the some hong kong immigrant gangsters...who in reality have little power in the lower mainland....so they should NOT label it as a story about "asian organized crime on the westcoast"..its misleading

jay42w8
01-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

A CBC TV-drama that isn't exactly true-to-life? Say it isn't so!

lol...i just thought it was dumb and cheesy thats all

now i dont much about hells angels but what were people's thoughts about the drama did on the hells angels in montreal/ontario a few years ago

5t3v3
01-15-2007, 01:20 AM
well for one thing...when have hitmen ever had tear tattoos for every guy they killed?

2. look at the story line...its stupid...its just some dumb story about how this fob kid was ordered to rob some old couple and ended up kiling them.....

I was expecting to watch a story about drug deals, money laundering, cash, murders....things that actually happen in the real world...maybe a story more focussed on high level gangsters...not some punk fresh off the boat loan shark.....this show was like a cheesy soap opera, thats the best way to describe it

I'm fairly certain the story is geared toward younger crowd with a message that "crime doesn't pay" although you may disagree, haha.

It's not hard to believe that there are kids who make friends with shady folks and make stupid mistakes. Easy money is always tempting. Just like in the show, it's not always about the money either. A sense of belonging or power can lure one to join a gang too.

That's not to say the show was overly awsome either but I thought it was entertaining to say the least. Loosen up. It's only a made for TV low production movie. Hell, it's a Canadian show for crying out loud. What do you expect?

jay42w8
01-15-2007, 01:28 AM
well see thats the thing...if it has that message they should be making it more realistic and not cheesy......not only that, its in english...so most of the viewers wont be hong kong immigrants...show some punk ass high school kids who start dealing and getting involved with crazy nammers/hells angels/EI gangs and show how they started to live the fast life, buying nice clothes, cars, etc. and then show them being shot dead in their car for ripping someone off or pissing off a "rival gang member"...the storyline needed to be more believable and more in line with what we see in the news and what a lot of kids in high school are actualy seeing

anyways...thats just my 2 cents...

toyboy88
01-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 5t3v3

I'm fairly certain the story is geared toward younger crowd with a message that "crime doesn't pay" although you may disagree, haha.

It's not hard to believe that there are kids who make friends with shady folks and make stupid mistakes. Easy money is always tempting. Just like in the show, it's not always about the money either. A sense of belonging or power can lure one to join a gang too.

That's not to say the show was overly awsome either but I thought it was entertaining to say the least. Loosen up. It's only a made for TV low production movie. Hell, it's a Canadian show for crying out loud. What do you expect?

:werd:

HoisinSauce
01-15-2007, 01:23 PM
any torrents for this?? wanna check it out

toyboy88
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by HoisinSauce
any torrents for this?? wanna check it out

Part 1:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3592575/Dragon_Boys_Part_1_HDTV_XViD-fRuBSeN

Part 2:
http://www.mybittorrent.com/movies/bittorrent_586481.html

or

http://www.torrentportal.com/details/873584/Dragon.Boys.Part.1.HDTV.XViD-fRuBSeN.html

and

http://www.torrentportal.com/details/874394/Dragon.Boys.Part.2.HDTV.XViD-fRuBSeN.html

:thumbsup:

HoisinSauce
01-15-2007, 03:18 PM
^ thank you thank you

toyboy88
01-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by HoisinSauce
^ thank you thank you

no worries...good show :D

ps. i think it's HD too;)

pinoyhero
01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Not a bad flick i'd say started about 30 mins into first episode but it was pretty decent. Canadian production so i was certainly impressed. Also saw boss from infernal on there for some decent casting ... makes Vanny look kinda scary though :(

5t3v3
01-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

The white boy looks CRAZY!!!

I don't like this poster.
It makes the asian cop look like a bad guy pointing a gun like that.
I mean, wtf? He's the only one with a gun!!!