PDA

View Full Version : Put a civic engine in a mazda truck?

harley11
01-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Put a civic engine in a 4x4 mazda truck? Okay everything is this sentance sounds incorrect but i had to post it for somebody on this site...thats at sait swearing he could do it with very little cost just a bit of welding would occur.

I was like whatever. See what you guys think. Its friggin 4x4 on top of all that.

Cheeze
01-08-2007, 10:06 PM
hmm

making the trucks transmission mate up to the block...that would be a tuffy, require a custom bellhousing/clutch combo

then you got wiring, mounting, hose routing since its a fwd only motor going in rwd truck......

im gonna call this myth, plausible.....with enough money

Darkane
01-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Cheeze
hmm

making the trucks transmission mate up to the block...that would be a tuffy, require a custom bellhousing/clutch combo

then you got wiring, mounting, hose routing since its a fwd only motor going in rwd truck......

im gonna call this myth, plausible.....with enough money

lol

Its not possible for a couple reasons:

1) honda motors are mounted Transversly. 4x4 truck would be longitudinally.

2) Because of 1, the tranny could not mate to a 4x4 system Unless the honda tranny (CRV) and then transfercase, diffs etc yada yada yada..

Its not very possible UNLESS the truck is now front wheel drive. then maaaaybe.

harley11
01-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

lol

Its not possible for a couple reasons:

1) honda motors are mounted Transversly. 4x4 truck would be longitudinally.

2) Because of 1, the tranny could not mate to a 4x4 system Unless the honda tranny (CRV) and then transfercase, diffs etc yada yada yada..

Its not very possible UNLESS the truck is now front wheel drive. then maaaaybe.

He also says a skyline engine would work. The truck only has 90 something hp and i was bitching about it getting over the rogers pass. So he comes to me today saying look ill put an engine in there that will handle great for the size of the truck. I started lol when he said civic engine.

Darkane
01-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by harley11

He also says a skyline engine would work. The truck only has 90 something hp and i was bitching about it getting over the rogers pass. So he comes to me today saying look ill put an engine in there that will handle great for the size of the truck. I started lol when he said civic engine.

well Skyline engine.. yeah thats A LOT more reasonable. I guess you could kinda rig up a honda motor like said above with a custom Bellhousing/clutch combo but its Nearly impossible. Skyline motor probable. He should do a 350 in that thing. That fits in with out to much work ;)

Cheeze
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Ah u could still do it with a custom flywheel, clutch, and bellhousing to make the transmission mount up to the honda engine. how much money you wanna sink in.

and actually you can mount a transversely mounted motor into a rwd setup.....

ppl put 3sgte into corolla rwd

ppl put 4age 20valve into rwd corolla, it was only made fwd

saw a 3sgte into a old corona once...

its possible with cash and fabrication skills...