PDA

View Full Version : 1997-2001 honda preludes

aznryguy
01-09-2007, 11:09 AM
was wondering what is the difference from all the models ?
s, sh , se?
if there are any other models and which one is top of the line? thanks

2.2vtec
01-09-2007, 11:20 AM
for the love of god search!

Mitsu3000gt
01-09-2007, 11:20 AM
You want a manual SH model. They have the 195HP motor and the auto only has 190HP. That is true for the american preludes anyways, I'm guessing its the same for Canada.

rc2002
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM
You don't want the SH or the automatic. The SH requires more maintenance (read more expensive) and doesn't respond well to mods

Lo)2enz0
01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
its all about the base model:bigpimp:

HiSpec
01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
whats so special about the SH model?

QuasarCav
01-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
whats so special about the SH model?

A psuedo LSD called ATTS and different suspension parts. The extra weight offsets any performance gain and most people say that the ATTS doesn't really do to much.

The base model is a good choice because Preludes aren't really missing anything to begin with, power everything, heated seats and sunroof all stock.

Lo)2enz0
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
se had the option for leather seats and the side skirts and rear lip painted

se or base model for sure and stay as far away from auto's as you can. you just asking for trouble by buying one of those

GTS Jeff
01-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
You want a manual SH model. They have the 195HP motor and the auto only has 190HP. That is true for the american preludes anyways, I'm guessing its the same for Canada. haha shot down again!

Base model is definitely the way to go. The ATTS system adds a lot of weight too IIRC. :)

Mitsu3000gt
01-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
haha shot down again!

Base model is definitely the way to go. The ATTS system adds a lot of weight too IIRC. :)

Shot down again? I don't understand.

I just told him I looked at what the american cars were and he wanted to know what the top of the line was so I told him . I just used a quick consumer guide search is all. The SH is top of the line, according to the website i looked at, he didn't ask anything about speed. What are you trying to do?
:dunno:

Lo)2enz0
01-09-2007, 11:39 PM
with preludes there really isn't a top of the line. they have everything to begin with.

Tai-Lun
01-09-2007, 11:42 PM
get a later model if you can 99-01, the early ones had a few bugs with the electricals but nothing too major, like everyone said, base model is ur best bet.

HiSpec
01-10-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
se had the option for leather seats and the side skirts and rear lip painted

se or base model for sure and stay as far away from auto's as you can. you just asking for trouble by buying one of those

so the side skirts and rear lip isn't painted on the base model? or they dont' have side skirts or rear lip at all?

Lo)2enz0
01-10-2007, 03:43 AM
yep they are black, you can see it on my car

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/lorenz000/IMG_0321.jpg

GTS Jeff
01-10-2007, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Shot down again? I don't understand.

I just told him I looked at what the american cars were and he wanted to know what the top of the line was so I told him . I just used a quick consumer guide search is all. The SH is top of the line, according to the website i looked at, he didn't ask anything about speed. What are you trying to do?
:dunno:

Let me explain. You always run your mouth off as if you're some sort of know-it-all when in fact you have no idea what you're talking about. Doing a 2 minute google doesn't always qualify you to make an informed reply. Maybe you're doing this to try to be helpful, or maybe you just want people to think you're smart. I don't know. But either way, it's pretty annoying. People have called you out on this in the past - and have shot down your advice on numerous occasions.

In this case, you replied to the guy with stuff you found off google. Great. But did you help the guy? Not really. As the people who are in the know quickly pointed out, the Type SH is the least desirable model. ATTS doesn't do much, it's just another thing to break down, it slows the car down, and it makes modding certain things a pain. These are the sorts of things that you pick up from actually knowing the subject, vs. looking up the specs on wikipedia or whatever. The bottom line here is to not post unless you have a good idea of what you're talking about.

What am I trying to do? 3 things:

A. improve beyond's overall post quality. There's a ton of bad information here, and I'd like to see that go down.

B. reduce the amount of annoying posts that I have to read

C. save you some embarrassment. Now I understand that this very post is somewhat embarrassing for you, but believe me, you'll save yourself a lot of future embarrassment by taking this advice to heart.

I hope that helps. :)

hussein
01-10-2007, 07:10 AM

Let me explain. You always run your mouth off as if you're some sort of know-it-all when in fact you have no idea what you're talking about. Doing a 2 minute google doesn't always qualify you to make an informed reply. Maybe you're doing this to try to be helpful, or maybe you just want people to think you're smart. I don't know. But either way, it's pretty annoying. People have called you out on this in the past - and have shot down your advice on numerous occasions.

In this case, you replied to the guy with stuff you found off google. Great. But did you help the guy? Not really. As the people who are in the know quickly pointed out, the Type SH is the least desirable model. ATTS doesn't do much, it's just another thing to break down, it slows the car down, and it makes modding certain things a pain. These are the sorts of things that you pick up from actually knowing the subject, vs. looking up the specs on wikipedia or whatever. The bottom line here is to not post unless you have a good idea of what you're talking about.

A. improve beyond's overall post quality. There's a ton of bad information here, and I'd like to see that go down.

C. save you some embarrassment. Now I understand that this very post is somewhat embarrassing for you, but believe me, you'll save yourself a lot of future embarrassment by taking this advice to heart.

Off topic:
Maaan, I love reading your posts. They are usually to the point, and sometimes funny, and usually have good information. :thumbsup: I hope I don't sound too gay, hahah.

Mitsu3000gt
01-10-2007, 09:52 AM

I was just trying to help him out, and he asked which is the top of the line model, not which is the fastest or most desirable. I try not to represent anything as fact unless I know that is the case, and if it is something that is just my personal experience or opinion, I make it very clear in the post (although many people still seem to miss that). Don't read my posts if you don't want to. I think there is a "block" function if you don't want to hear what I have to say. Just because you didn't think it was helpful, for all you know, it was exactly what the poster wanted (maybe not however, and that is why others reply).

I have made plenty of informative posts, and helped many people here both on and outside the forum. I offer my help all the time where I can. In the posts where people have conflicting opinions, well, that is what a forum is all about, you compare people's opinions and make your own decision. Often some debate or discussion within a thread really helps out the original poster.

Also, in just about every thread, there are many people, often the same ones, who make posts very similar to the one I have made in this thread (i.e. quick search to try provide quick help). Why don't you get on all of their cases too? If you truely are trying to improve Beyond's post quality, I think you would need to spend hours every day replying to people as you have replied to me. If I disagree with some of your posts, I don't say anything, who cares? I don't. Its an internet forum full of people I probably will never meet. I also know you have made some very helpful contributions here, don't get me wrong.

I can appreciate the reason for your post, but it really was quite unnecessary as there are hundreds of members who are far worse. So as for your reasons, I'm not sure as I agree with them totally, although I do agree that they are general unavoidable problems on every public forum. If you truely want to make a difference in beyond post quality, why don't you reply to everyone who has ever made a (in your opinion) a useless post? It's your choice to read a post, so it really shouldn't matter how many annoying (to you) ones there are. I read hundreds of useless/false replies every day by many many different people, it really isn't something you can remedy on a public forum. And I am not embaressed in the least. I do think your post was highly unnecessary as it did not accomplish anything other than a personal attack (if your intention was not to humiliate, you would of sent me a PM), but I did try to provide some quick help for the poster is all.

Hopefully this ends here, if not, take it to PM, as these are the same useless posts that you are trying to cut down on, having no relevance to the OP's question. I think argueing is just going to waste the both of our time however.

GTS Jeff
01-11-2007, 03:19 AM
Sorry to single you out, but your name does come up repeatedly when I talk with friends offline. No offense intended.