PDA

View Full Version : I cant taste anything, and I dont have a cold.

Audio_Rookie
01-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I am kinda freaking out here. I went to the gas station where I go everyday and bought a pop, and went to the linked subway. Asked if I could drink the pop while he was making the sub cause I was so thirsty. It was the worst coke I ever tasted, tasted like carbonated water. So bad I almost asked for my money back.

I get home, open up the sub...start eating....cant taste anything, can only feel a slight tingle from the jalapeņos and banana peppers which he loaded on. Try some chocolate milk...cant taste it.

My lips feel sorta...numb....its almost like that feeling your hands get when you push the lawnmower for a long time...my lips feel like that. I have not drank or ate anything for about 36 hours and now when I do eat I cant taste it....

I am freaking out here, I cant taste....has this happened to anyone else, will it go away? Its nothing like when your nose is plugged either, I cant ever really feel the texture in my mouth, I just know something is there and I chew, its driving me nuts.

01-09-2007, 05:10 PM
you should prob go see a doctor :rofl:

Crymson
01-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Yah, that's probably one of the weirdest things i've ever heard. What could possibly cause that?

Super_Geo
01-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Keep that bottle of coke handy next time the girlfriend asks you to go south of the boarder.

Cruz
01-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I wish that would have happened to me when my ex cooked for me.

Super_Geo
01-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Was the bottle of coke glowing green? (http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/9903/msg00693.html)

Super_Geo
01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Ok in all seroiusness, you should probably give this site a look:

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/loss_of_taste.htm

DoubleLP
01-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Was the bottle of coke glowing green? (http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/9903/msg00693.html)

:rofl: :rofl:

That just shows that SOMEONE tried that out!

ercchry
01-09-2007, 05:21 PM
yeah keep that shit i would say great grounds for a lawsuit

Audio_Rookie
01-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I got off work and went straight to subway/gas station.

I think I have made a theory.

I am allergic to sunlight dish soap and a few other uncommon soaps. I just started working at this new place. I washed my face around my lips, and my arms before I left. I can see redness on my arms like a mild allergic reaction.

Could this possible also explain my lack of taste??

I have drank a bottle of hot sauce, 2 liters of chocolate milk, some vodka, a foot long sub, and a liter of coke just to see if I can taste something. So far nothing.

edit: just drank listerene from the bottle, didnt taste it. I brushed my teeth and only got the minty feeling on my lips when I breath, but I cant taste the paste.

Ripper
01-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
just drank listerene from the bottle

:eek: :eek:

illeagle
01-09-2007, 05:28 PM
go see a doctor ;)

Super_Geo
01-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
go see a doctor ;)

Yeah last I checked Beyond's M.D. count wasn't very high.

IhateDomestic
01-09-2007, 05:37 PM
your taste buds could have died lol

go to a doctor. why would u listen to a bunch of guys rather than a real professional?

Sharpie
01-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Dude you could make some serious cash if you were willing to lower your self esteem ;)

Audio_Rookie
01-09-2007, 05:53 PM
I called the doctor and he said it could be a weird allergic reaction. What a coincidence, new job, just before I left I washed my face and arms using soap. I am allergic to sunlight dish soap but I didn't think anything else. Well my arms are red like a mild allergic reaction.

he says tell him tomorrow if it continues. At this rate I might have already killed myself.....I got quite the mix in my stomach lol.

I wish I could be on fear factor right now....lol.

asuth077
01-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie

I have drank a bottle of hot sauce, 2 liters of chocolate milk, some vodka, a foot long sub, and a liter of coke just to see if I can taste something. So far nothing.

:rofl: You had to drink the entire bottle of hotsauce?

Then chased it with two litres of milk and some vodka?

Are you testing if you can taste or whether or not your asshole can feel?

That is not going to come out well.

Audio_Rookie
01-09-2007, 06:25 PM
add a cup of vinegar and 1/2 a big bottle of listerine to that list.

I can taste now though, the red marks on my arms are pretty much gone too....I almost forgot how soothing chocolate milk is.

too bad everything has an aftertaste if listerine now though LOL.

Sharpie
01-09-2007, 06:44 PM
I dunno if your native or not, but you should really read the label on listerine. I am pretty sure it isn't to healthy to be drinking.

Audio_Rookie
01-09-2007, 06:49 PM
not native lol, I did live in Lethbridge though. I was just really scared and drank some to try and scare my taste buds into submission.
The vinager, hot sauce, vodka, and milk combo probably doesn't work out so well together in the stomach either.

old&slow
01-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning!

Hoey
01-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Is it numb or do you not taste....
Numb and an allergic reaction is very feesible...
Loss of taste though:dunno:

Sometimes when you go to the dentist and they freeze you, its impossible to feel texture but you can still taste...
I think your mind tricks you into thinking you cant taste after freezing, but your just numb.

James
01-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Dude you could make some serious cash if you were willing to lower your self esteem ;)

:rofl: ...........ya go see a doctor

EstoMax
01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
haha dude.. let us know next time how was going to the bathroom, its gonna hurt i bet :eek:

GQBalla
01-10-2007, 11:44 PM
RING OF FIRE!!! its goin to be like pissin out your ass.

let us now how it goes

Audio_Rookie
01-11-2007, 06:25 PM
It wasn't pretty lol. It wasn't pleasant either.

I was late for work in the long run.....and didn't feel so good for the first 4 hours there.

CasperWho
01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? haha jk :devil:

Whitetiger
01-11-2007, 07:03 PM
:werd:

Crymson
01-13-2007, 10:02 PM
What i think you should do, is was up with sunlight, then go with some muther fucking BETS!

If you work downtown, i'll buy you a pound of the inansity/suicide wings at the unicorn. You finish those, and well, i dunno, i'll buy you the most expensive roll of toilet paper in the city.

GQBalla
01-15-2007, 09:46 AM
LOL ^^^^^^^