PDA

View Full Version : Little Mosque on the Prairie

soupey
01-09-2007, 05:33 PM
who else is gona be watching this tonight? the commercials are hilarious, im hoping teh show can follow up with it!, it premieres today at 8:30 on CBC

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/index.jsp?program=Little+Mosque+On+The+Prairie

cityhunter2501
01-09-2007, 05:40 PM
6:30 MST?
thanks for the head up :thumbsup:

I find the tune annoying, but the show seems funny so will definetly be checking it out.

Dj Dhaliwal
01-09-2007, 05:45 PM
i cant wait to see it tonite

FINALLY

a tv show with BROWN ppl as the main characters

Ive been waiting YEARS for something like this to come on

soupey
01-09-2007, 06:18 PM
edit: yea ur right, i thot that CBC played everything at the same time everywhere, guess not, its on at 830PM 2nite.

dankish1
01-09-2007, 06:31 PM
its on at 830
i jsut checked the guide on telus tv

cityhunter2501
01-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by dankish1
its on at 830
i jsut checked the guide on telus tv
thank god I was worried I would miss the premiere

soupey
01-09-2007, 10:04 PM
mmm not bad not great either, some of the acting really sucked...and some of teh "funny" jokes werent funny...

acura_el
01-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by soupey
mmm not bad not great either, some of the acting really sucked...and some of teh "funny" jokes werent funny...

agreed...i found some of the jokes pretty lame

beecue
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
booring ... the guy from 24 was in it :confused: .. chloes boyfriend

SuPhistiKatEd
01-09-2007, 11:31 PM
The acting was teh sucks. It was soo hyped up and was looking forward to finally watching a decent show on CBC, besides HNIC, but CBC dropped the ball again.

sputnik
01-10-2007, 09:12 AM
lame.

i dont think i really laughed much at all.

Whitetiger
01-10-2007, 11:12 AM
What's it about? Will ppl who aren't brown get the humor?

tawheed
01-10-2007, 11:42 AM
It was pretty sub par.. I think it was a great idea but brutal acting and cheap laughs so far..

We'll see what happens next week..

tapout
01-10-2007, 11:47 AM
It was ok will see next week.

Dj Dhaliwal
01-10-2007, 11:55 AM
i thought that it was great

the jokes they made
are still happenin in todays world

i guess if ur not brown u wont understand..
and if u are brown if u dont go thru it then u wont know either.

personally i think this is the best show on tv now.

screw 24 and House
time for

L.M.O.T.P.

i give it 2 thumbs up

:clap:

three.eighteen.
01-10-2007, 11:57 AM
i thought it was funny, but i kept flipping between it and the flames game...i love stereotype based humour though

soupey
01-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
What's it about? Will ppl who aren't brown get the humor?

i think that was the biggest problem, i think if the writer wasnt muslim herself it probably wouldve been better, the only people i can picture giggling at it are older muslim people who understand everything thats happening....the jokes only focus on a certain narrow range of things that most non-muslim people will not catch onto...i honestly think there needs to be broader more general jokes that everyone can laugh at...

basically the show needs to widen its scope to ALL canadians, not jus muslim (or ppl who understand muslim customs + religion) in order to stay on air...or else it'll lose all viewers real quick...i think ill give it one more episode to prove itself, but i cant say im expecting much...

hussein
01-10-2007, 09:42 PM
It was okay, the jokes weren't that fantastic, but really how many tv shows now have great comedy, lately? I definitely laughed a few times though, and will watch it again next week.

Yasir and Sarah's daughter, Rayyan (Sitara Hewitt)... :hitit:

EK 2.0
01-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Aiiight...I checked it out tonight and it wasn't that bad...

I actually enjoyed it...and am looking forward to next weeks episode...I think it will fare well amongst all the recent game and reality shows...

kertejud
01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Its a show with potential, unfortunetely I'm not sure if it can reach it. Its trying to be a satire but its trying to go for the cheap laugh, and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Being a CBC show is usually a kiss of death anyway, all the good Canadian shows are on CTV. Corner Gas and Degrassi FTW.

I'll give the show time, but it better start giving me something more if it wants me to start being a fan. It seems the eyes of the world are on this show to boot, so if it can make it, it will be BIG.

Dren
01-11-2007, 12:01 AM
it was funny

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2007/01/10/3277890-cp.html

R!zz0
01-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I am glad that show is being telecast that shows Muslims in positive light. The 1.5 billion muslims of the world are peace loving people who want to improve their lives.
I just had a question about the scene where they show Muslims praying and looking back at someone during their prayer...thats not how its done in any Muslim sect...so why show it like that?
:confused:

hussein
01-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
I am glad that show is being telecast that shows Muslims in positive light. The 1.5 billion muslims of the world are peace loving people who want to improve their lives.
I just had a question about the scene where they show Muslims praying and looking back at someone during their prayer...thats not how its done in any Muslim sect...so why show it like that?
:confused:

In my opinion the show tries to convey Islam in a light which adapts to an ever changing world.

Those people didn't just look back for no reason, they looked back because there was someone making a ruckus. Would you have not looked back? I sure would have, especially in an unfamiliar prayer place, which it was still pretty new to them.

If no one would have looked back in that scene, I think it would have not sent the message which the show is trying to send.

EK 2.0
01-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by hussein
Those people didn't just look back for no reason, they looked back because there was someone making a ruckus. Would you have not looked back? I sure would have, especially in an unfamiliar prayer place, which it was still pretty new to them.

hahaha I look back even with no disturbance haha...gotta scope the fly honeys at Mosque hahaha...

hussein
01-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

hahaha I look back even with no disturbance haha...gotta scope the fly honeys at Mosque hahaha...

Oh man, I totally agree, haha. Sometimes I have to add them into my prayers, if you know what I mean, haha.

Xtrema
01-15-2007, 01:07 AM
this thing got so much press in US that if they can keep up with the writing, I won't be surprised if it get picked up by Showtime or Al-Jezeera English

EK 2.0
01-15-2007, 09:24 PM
this week's new episode on in a little bit on the CBC here...but next week do I watch Little Mosque on the Prairie or Prison Break??

hussein
01-15-2007, 10:40 PM
They showed the same episode as last week, this evening. New one is on Wednesday, 8PM on channel 6.

TeamBestBud
01-15-2007, 10:45 PM
lol its a pretty funny show...

Originally posted by EK 2.0
this week's new episode on in a little bit on the CBC here...but next week do I watch Little Mosque on the Prairie or Prison Break??

Prison Break

:love:

EK 2.0
01-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by hussein
They showed the same episode as last week, this evening. New one is on Wednesday, 8PM on channel 6.

Yeah...I was a lil upset...my cable box info screen said it was a new episode...I can't watch it next week...cause of Prison Break haha...

ZorroAMG
01-16-2007, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Dj Dhaliwal

personally i think this is the best show on tv now.

screw 24 and House
time for

L.M.O.T.P.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hussein
01-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Second episode was pretty good. I really don't like the guy from the radio station, he is a dick.

Laughed at quite a few of the jokes, for sure.

And damn, Baber's daughter is not bad!!!

Kritafo
01-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I thought it was pretty good, I will check it out again see how it's going.

SuPhistiKatEd
01-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Yea, wasn't too too bad.

"You look like a protestant!"

:rofl:

ninjak84
01-18-2007, 02:59 AM
We watched it at my place and alot of us thought it was pretty good

Hakkola
01-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Some of the jokes are O.K, but I'm sick of the acting style used in these shit, low budget Canadian comedies.

ZorroAMG
01-18-2007, 08:11 PM
A lot of the canadian shows have great actors, the problem is the writing and budget.

Ex. The OC has a budget of $15 mil/episode whereas Whistler has $1 mil (LMOTP even less). That extra 14 mil buys much better writers, editors, directors, dir of Photog, lighting etc... Writing makes a HUGE difference in the way a show feels including the acting. If it is bad, actors will look bad spouting the crap they HAVE to regurgitate. All of the OC actors were no names before the show (Peter Gallagher & Adam Brody excluded), they really aren't any better than the ones on Canadian shows.

EK 2.0
01-18-2007, 08:14 PM
LMOTP should get that new guy on the scene Mark or something or other...I feel HE would do a Lebanese character some justice...:bigpimp:

Kritafo
01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I totally love canadian TV, love the comedy more like watching UK tv same sort of budgets I guess!

hjr
01-18-2007, 10:27 PM
the writing is terrible, production values are ok, and the acting is as good as can be expected, but overall, i think this show is a pile of crap. the dialogue is unnatural, the characters feel forced, and it seems the directing is sub par.

i dont blame the actors, the show just sucks. i was hoping the second episode would be better (pilot jitter or something) but nope. While watching it i keep waiting for it to be funny, but it never happens. there is so much potential there, but nothing comes of it...

soupey
01-18-2007, 11:02 PM
"5 seconds of male enlightenment, thats a new record!" haha my favorite quote from the episode

that and carl rota or whatever (guy from 24), he had a few funny bits...but yea i agree with a lot of the dialogue sounding forced and unnatural...especially with the daughter (please please pleaaaaaaase)...but the second episode still was better than teh first...