PDA

View Full Version : Rant: What is it with girls and heat?

CaseoftheEX
01-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Seriously, every single girl I have met in my life have a special fetish for heat - and that is that they always have to have it on, and lots of it!

For instance, they come into my car, say how its cold, so what do they do? Crank the heat to max! :thumbsdow Until I start catching my tan and then I have to turn it back down to normal temperatures where I can still breathe. I can understand wanting to be warm, but why crank it to max every time? You will end up getting too hot, and have to run it on cool. Then few mins later they will get cold again and want to crank the heat again. Its an endless cycle!

Same thing, they come in my house, or I go to theirs - heat always cranked! Wanna know the scary part? Girls could sleep in 95C weather, 8 blankets, and 9 pillows and they think its normal! :zzz:

Over new years, I was at my girlfriends friends place. There must have been 15-20 people in a fairly average sized home. I walk in, and right away felt like my skin was about to melt. I go to the thermostat, its maxed out! They had a themometer and it was at 46 degrees! Absolutely ridiculous! And with 15-20 people in the house it makes it that much worse. Just because they like it very very warm everywhere they go, doesnt mean everyone does. To me, its easier putting on layers if you want the extra warmth as to stripping for a breather haha.

Does anyone else notice this with girls? Honestly though, if they really have such a fetish for cranked up heat - I can think of many other ways in them achieving that :D

RickDaTuner
01-09-2007, 10:27 PM
slower metabolism?

civic_stylez
01-09-2007, 10:28 PM
im gonna have to agree on that... my gf puts the heated seats on in my car 24/7/365, and always bitches that my condo is cold...i dont like to freeze but id much rather be cool than warm... i think they love the heat because theyre not the ones that a paying the heating bill!!! ( no offense to the gorgeous ladies who love it hot..:bigpimp: )

Stiny
01-09-2007, 10:31 PM
yeah man i had the same problem with my ex everytime i got in her car the heat was whipped up and i'd roll down my window and she'd get pissed and i turn down the heat and she'd get pissed. i thought it was just her cause she greek and digs heat but yeah i guess not

CaseoftheEX
01-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
im gonna have to agree on that... my gf puts the heated seats on in my car 24/7/365, and always bitches that my condo is cold...i dont like to freeze but id much rather be cool than warm... i think they love the heat because theyre not the ones that a paying the heating bill!!! ( no offense to the gorgeous ladies who love it hot..:bigpimp: ) haha I like to be able to still breathe. Dont appreciate when it feels like im in a sona. and my skin starts boiling :thumbsdow

shakalaka
01-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't let chicks touch ANYTHING in my car. And I mean anything.

ercchry
01-09-2007, 10:34 PM
maybe you just need a fat girl if you cant put up with cute little hotties turning up the heat?

i bet fatties dont turn up the heat because they have that extra coat on all the time

CaseoftheEX
01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Stiny
yeah man i had the same problem with my ex everytime i got in her car the heat was whipped up and i'd roll down my window and she'd get pissed and i turn down the heat and she'd get pissed. i thought it was just her cause she greek and digs heat but yeah i guess not Nah dude, every single girl out there - no matter what age, shape or form loves heat. I avoid being in my sisters cars when I can simply for this very reason. They crank the heat, they dont want to turn it down - so I open the window, they get mad.

I remember while ago, when one of my sisters drove one of those tiny preludes - it would be winter, everyone is bunched up in coats and mitts, and knowing that car.....a tall man like myself can barely fit in it. The heat is maxed out and the vents are like 2ft from my face,. :thumbsdow

CaseoftheEX
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

i bet fatties dont turn up the heat because they have that extra coat on all the time thats just mean haha

Canmorite
01-09-2007, 10:45 PM
I've had that same thing with girls too...heat heat heat.

3G
01-09-2007, 10:49 PM
:werd: to this, my gf and all my ex's are like that, im boiling and theyre bitching how its cold

hoamic11
01-09-2007, 10:49 PM
girls are always cold man, their feet too

it's rediculous their attacted to the heat

dave101
01-09-2007, 10:50 PM
dude, it because they dont want to nipple? duh?

Deville
01-09-2007, 10:58 PM
So true... I notice it the most in the winter, as a part time mover... Every single house I go to where there is a woman, the heats always cranked! It's so annoying... your sweating your ass off moving all there stuff as it is, and the heats maxed out on top of that... I always have to turn it down. Same with girls in my car, house or wherever... Seems like it's just one of those things men will always have to deal with. :confused:

dino_martini
01-09-2007, 11:03 PM
:werd: My sister always wants to crank the thermostat...

CaseoftheEX
01-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Deville
So true... I notice it the most in the winter, as a part time mover... Every single house I go to where there is a woman, the heats always cranked! It's so annoying... your sweating your ass off moving all there stuff as it is, and the heats maxed out on top of that... I always have to turn it down. Same with girls in my car, house or wherever... Seems like it's just one of those things men will always have to deal with. :confused: you gotta load on that deodorant so you dont sweat like a bull haha.

kevie88
01-09-2007, 11:30 PM
You could start dating men?:dunno:

It's our lot in life, to suffer in unbearable heat...

Ben
01-09-2007, 11:33 PM
yah, it's totally true.

Every office I've ever worked in the women have the heat absolutely cranked. Hell, even when I'm in the caribbean, and it's night time and 29 degrees. "Brrrr, it's freezing with that calm breeze"

:rolleyes:

SuPhistiKatEd
01-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Guess I got the perfect girl. She loves cold air like I do. It can be -20 below, and she'll open the windows in the condo. Neither of us can sleep in the heat.

Lo)2enz0
01-09-2007, 11:38 PM
date a girl who bitches at you for having no ac

but its true, in the winter they are to cold, and in the summer to hot

god my next girlfriend is going to love my s13 lol:devil:

blueToy
01-09-2007, 11:48 PM
They are cold because they don't dress appropiately . Men are practicle beings . We look out in the morning and see snow , or the heat exhaust from your neighbours house and think ... " gee , looks cold outside . Better put on the long underwear and a couple of shirts and get the boots ready " . Problem solved .
Women , on the other hand , think " jeeze , I want ever man to desire me because I'm so hot or I really want to impress everyone , so I'll just wear the least amount possible without being outrageously slutty " ( ie. real deep toe ) , and don't ever even think about what is really happening outside of their shallow bubbles . After all , fashion dictated from some southern california magazine or ' reality ' TV show superseeds any form of the reality of winter in Alberta .
Also , since ' thin is in ' , and having zero body fat and being anorexic is in vogue , their bodies ( and minds ??? ) are already overly stressed , and any minute changes ( even a draft ) sends their systems into a kind of controlled chaos where panic and anxiety are the rules of thumb ( hence the attacking of the heater controls like it's a life or death situation ... it kinda is I guess ,lol ) .

Ha-ha-ha .... just kidding . i think it's lack of iron in their system that gives them poor blood circulation , hence the feeling of always being cold . Its just a theory though . :D

bluetek
01-09-2007, 11:53 PM
:werd: so so very true.

jf97talon
01-09-2007, 11:58 PM
My g/f lives in her basement. Her heat is ALWAYS cranked.
And just like you said above..... 7 blankets, 6 pillows.
My heat is always cranked in my car as well.

blueToy
01-10-2007, 12:04 AM
LOL , yeah its a wild generalization , but not always .

Melinda
01-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Werd, I'll admit I'm a heat lover. I dont overkill it though, the heat on my car is always at level 1 (out of 4). I just let it gradually heat up my car so that I dont need to keep dicking around with it while I drive. Never have to turn it off if it's at 1 :) And with a half asian husband-to-be, we dont like to worry about heating bills haha. We have a programed thermostat that changes the temperature in the house through out the day to save money. We keep it barely warm enough in the house to keep our hedgehog from going into hibernation from 8-5 but then when we get home, we usually keep the thermostat at exactly 20*. If I'm cold, I usually have a bath or put on a sweater. Although I think if I lived on my own, it might be kept it a few degrees higher.

I have an excuse though, I'm severely anemic and 10 pounds underweight (I AM trying to gain some more though and I'm on 900 mg of iron medications every day) :) My feet and fingers are ALWAYS cold, but it's just something you learn to live with.

Oh and a tip for you guys in your cars, if you open your window, she will get cold cause of how the air moves in the car. Get her to open her window and she wont feel it. You however, will stay cooler. :)

kaput
01-10-2007, 08:47 AM

Aleks
01-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by kaput
The short answer is they are all cold blooded.

:rofl:

kertejud
01-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
Guess I got the perfect girl. She loves cold air like I do. It can be -20 below, and she'll open the windows in the condo. Neither of us can sleep in the heat.

That's definitely a keeper.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-10-2007, 09:46 AM
werd, I'll go over to my mom's house, and it'll be hot as hell, and then I go home to my dad's place and it's set at like... 17-18 in the winter.

abyss
01-10-2007, 09:52 AM
haha with me this entirely depends on the time of day you ask me. I like the house a little warmer, like 22 or 23 degrees because we have ceramic tile everywhere and it gets fucking freezing in the winter! Although I suppose I could just go out and buy myself a pair of slippers and I'd be fine. Me and Minh are completely opposite in that I'm cold during the day, but at night I'm a total furnace. As soon as I get into the bed it's like my body switches into heat producing overdrive. He's the other way around. So at night he's always trying to cuddle under his huge fur blanket and I'm practically dying from the heat. I have noticed a huge difference in my day time heat levels by having better circulation though, so there may be something to that.....

Melinda and Rolland's house made my feet numb the other day, holy is it chilly in there. :eek:

black_2.5RS
01-10-2007, 09:57 AM
:werd:

I noticed my girlfriend and a few of her friends have really odd salt cravings too.

benyl
01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Women have a visitor once a month. They lose some of their radiator fluid that keeps them warm. Did you guys not take sex ed in school? The lack of iron doesn't help.

I would much rather be in an sauna all the time then have to deal with a visitor. Be thankful you guys have a penis.

Oh and when they get older, the opposite happens... Heat flashes... prepare for the ice box!

Melinda
01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by abyss
Melinda and Rolland's house made my feet numb the other day, holy is it chilly in there. :eek:
Haha we're giant nerds so we spend most of our time in our office at home on the second level. With 2 computers, an upper floor room and a heat lamp on for the hedgehog, it stays pretty freakin warm in there so we keep our house at a level that would make it a little cooler. When we're on the main floor with the hardwood and everything, it is very cold, I will agree with you there. But numb feet?! Haha tell me to turn the heat up next time lol.

HRD2PLZ
01-10-2007, 10:39 AM
To solve the heat in the vehicle predicament you need dual zone climate control! :D

Seriously though, I am a guy and I am always cold. I guess low iron doesn't help, but we do live in a cold city.

snade831
01-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
I noticed my girlfriend and a few of her friends have really odd salt cravings too.

That's called PMS

aram1000
01-10-2007, 11:01 AM
the ex was the same way, always cold, the low iron theory makes sense

mac_gurl
01-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm ALWAYS cold...

Its a constant arguement between me and the boyfriend in the car ; )

blueToy
01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mac_gurl
I'm ALWAYS cold...

Its a constant arguement between me and the boyfriend in the car ; )

DRESS WARMER !!!

jdm_eg6
01-10-2007, 11:55 AM
true true true.... i try and turn ALL my vents away from me and shut the ones i cant... and point them at her... i HATE all the hot air...

ive tried a new technique, switch it to the feet setting and let her put it on FULL.She gets the effect of full heat and you dont get toasted.

DepTrotter
01-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
:werd:

congratulations you're gonna be a father

tawheed
01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
never touch a man's climate control

Altezza
01-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Interesting observation...but I must admit I have to agree. Most girls I know are obsessed with heat.

SteveMo600
01-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I think it's because in general girls are on either end of the spectrum with lots of things and there is little grey area. I've found that men are more in the grey area about things that women.

That's my theory. That or it's just pure genetics...WOMEN WANT TO BE WARM ALL THE TIME!

GTS Jeff
01-11-2007, 03:32 AM
haha funny enough...I'm in Montreal right now, and the girl I'm sharing a room with had the thermostat cranked to 30 degrees and she hid under a million blankets. I turned that shit down and I'm practically naked to keep myself from sweating like mad.

black_radiation
01-11-2007, 05:30 PM
yeah the other night i was standing outside with 3 of my friends, 2 of which are girls, and my buddy and i were in hoodies, perfectly fine and they were both in downfilled jackets, hoods up, vibrating off the sidewalk they were so cold and it was like 15 degrees out lol

saladonthebeach
01-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Hahahha... awesome topic and soooo true.

What I don't get is that my girlfriend doesn't exactly bundle up as I do in winter and still complains. Sometimes, I'd drive her to work and she's like "OMG, it's soooo cold in here!". I get the same statement when she comes over... I have the t-stat set at about 19 to save gas and I don't have a problem throwing on my fleece hoody around the house if need be. Not her though, she throws a tizzy until I'm literally forced to jack up the heat. Yeah, she's always cold.

I lived with a girl in the past who was always cold as well. We were sharing a house with way too many peeps, then we split to rent a cheap condo ourselves. I used to work nights and when I'd come home during the winter months, I could hardly breathe as soon as I opened the door.... it was literally mad heat! The t-stat was maxed right out to the farthest setting. I couldn't believe it. I told her that it was unacceptable and she should buy an electric blanket or a space heater if she was freezing to death. Along with the two hour baths(draining and refilling with more hot water) twice a day and the rest of the bullshit, this was the last straw. Of course, she didn't pay heed. So, I rigged up a custom t-stat regulator where she was unable to clock it pass 22 without knowing what to do. She was furious, to say the least. I begged her about being fair and not being so selfish or she'd have to pay the entire gas bill which was pretty hefty until I stepped in anyways. We were at total war with these incidents and others, but that's a whole other story. lol

CaseoftheEX
01-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by black_radiation
yeah the other night i was standing outside with 3 of my friends, 2 of which are girls, and my buddy and i were in hoodies, perfectly fine and they were both in downfilled jackets, hoods up, vibrating off the sidewalk they were so cold and it was like 15 degrees out lol hahaa, this one girl I know, man she wears a snowsuit in the winter. The coat is 3x the size of her haha.

CaseoftheEX
01-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by saladonthebeach

I used to work nights and when I'd come home during the winter months, I could hardly breathe as soon as I opened the door.... it was literally mad heat! The t-stat was maxed right out to the farthest setting. I couldn't believe it. I told her that it was unacceptable and she should buy an electric blanket or a space heater if she was freezing to death. Along with the two hour baths(draining and refilling with more hot water) twice a day and the rest of the bullshit, this was the last straw. Of course, she didn't pay heed. So, I rigged up a custom t-stat regulator where she was unable to clock it pass 22 without knowing what to do. She was furious, to say the least. I begged her about being fair and not being so selfish or she'd have to pay the entire gas bill which was pretty hefty until I stepped in anyways. We were at total war with these incidents and others, but that's a whole other story. lol Haha try working with an office full of women.:rolleyes: And yes nothing worse than walking into a room and feeling like you just jumped into a volcano.:thumbsdow

gp36912
01-14-2007, 08:52 PM
:P i dunno about you then.....i'm a guy living with my parents and sister. my house is always at 20 degrees, at its max. my sister and mom dont really complain about the cold much. and arent really too bad. my thermostat is turned up to 22 degrees before we sleep and thats it.
the girls i know like warm weather but not hot weather. so my cars heat is sitting at 32 to heat the car up and then dropped to 26 immediately as soon as it warms up. ( my car isnt the best at keeping heat or giving heat so 26 degrees is roughly 20 degrees would be. hell i have the window open when the temperature is 0 degrees with the seat warmers on :D my lower body loves heat, and my upper body loves to be nice and cool.

codetrap
01-15-2007, 11:48 AM

three33
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Heat is included in our rent, so I don't care if my gf turns the heat all the way up, if she's happy, I'm happy.

DepTrotter
01-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by three33
Heat is included in our rent, so I don't care if my gf turns the heat all the way up, if she's happy, I'm happy.

AWW spoken by the truly pussy whipped

CasperWho
01-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

congratulations you're gonna be a father

AWW spoken by the truly pussy whipped

You have nothing to contribute and WAY too much time to waiste..
Get a life!

Back to the topic, the gf's car is ALWAYS tropic when i get in it - heat cranked full tits!

DepTrotter
01-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by CasperWho

You have nothing to contribute and WAY too much time to waiste..
Get a life!

Back to the topic, the gf's car is ALWAYS tropic when i get in it - heat cranked full tits!

Interesting, you say i have nothing to contribute and yet, you leave a little message saying your girlfriend is the same way. Thanks so much, everyone was really waiting for your input. I know i am certainly glad you provided us with that great contribution of information. Your girlfriend's car is always tropic because on her way to pick your sorry ass up, she drops off her cambodian lover..

CasperWho
01-15-2007, 12:24 PM

Interesting, you say i have nothing to contribute and yet, you leave a little message saying your girlfriend is the same way. Thanks so much, everyone was really waiting for your input. I know i am certainly glad you provided us with that great contribution of information. Your girlfriend's car is always tropic because on her way to pick your sorry ass up, she drops off her cambodian lover..

You're still a fuckin loser? :dunno: :thumbsup:
Thank you for being so prompt on the typical response though!

l8braker
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Your girlfriend's car is always tropic because on her way to pick your sorry ass up, she drops off her cambodian lover..

them fightin words :rofl:

i agree about the heat with women. what can ya do though.

ogpog
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM

You really kind of lowered yourself on the respect scale there, didnt cha.

GTS Jeff
01-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ogpog

You really kind of lowered yourself on the respect scale there, didnt cha. So what, the majority of CasperWho's posts are him pretending to be king of the moral hill anyway...annoying as fuck.

euro tang
01-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
my gf puts the heated seats on in my car 24/7/365, and always bitches that my condo is cold...

SAME HERE!!! One time I came home and she had the heat on 30, like wtf!

And is it bad to have the heated seats on max all the time?

gp36912
01-15-2007, 02:49 PM
^^^ not if your butt can handle the heat lol heated seats on full = frying pan for your ass. lol

CRXguy
01-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Maybe they don't want guys to see their cold nipples? :dunno: :poosie:

gp36912
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
^^^ ahahah then they should wear a coat maybe?

jcrules99
01-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by kaput
The short answer is they are all cold blooded.

:rofl: :rofl:

same thing happens to me, it really grinds my gears when girls touch the heat in my car!

DepTrotter
01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by CasperWho

You're still a fuckin loser? :dunno: :thumbsup:
Thank you for being so prompt on the typical response though!

Not sure if i'm a fucking loser?.. whats with the question mark and shrug?

And Thanks, you too! By my count, you responded 1 minute later than I did so im not quite sure where you are going with that one. CasperWho?.. yeah that’s right. Who?

Originally posted by ogpog

You really kind of lowered yourself on the respect scale there, didnt cha.

Oh darn, and that’s what I was looking for, earning your respect.. do I look like your step dad?.. I don’t need respect from a member that continually gets banned. Losing respect is something you seem to be good at. Next time you get banned, why don’t you reincarnate as a massive homesexual, wait, I spoke too soon
:whocares:

Zephyr
01-15-2007, 04:42 PM
i never get to wear my own jackets or sweaters! it sucks. not only does the gf not own a thick jacket, she always takes mine and i get them back when she realizes she has like 8 of them pilng up in her room and suddenly they go back to her everytime again..endless cycle. so she ends up winning cuz i have to turn up the heat in the car cuz im freezing while shes wearing my jacket. and then i can't breathe but i gotta stay warm and she still complains its cold..ARGH!:banghead:

DepTrotter
01-15-2007, 04:43 PM
ZEPHYR's a LESBIAN :hitit: :love: :hitit: :love: :hitit:

eb0i
01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
ZEPHYR's a LESBIAN :hitit: :love: :hitit: :love: :hitit:

if your definition of a lesbian is man + woman then zephyr is a lesbian....

Back on topic though. My gf is the same too, it would be summer time and I'll be sweating like a pig, and she would be cold and need a blanket. However when we are in my car I don't have the heat problem b/c I have the dual climate control and the passenger (gf) can have the heat cranked on her side and I can enjoy a lower setting on my side:thumbsup:

yellowsnow
01-16-2007, 03:20 PM
in my condo, my gf cranks up the heat, turns on the fireplace, and blasts the portable heater, then she puts her chair in front of the fireplace! :confused: it's not THAT cold, i'm in my t-shirt and pj's and find it okay.

i tell her she needs to fatten to stay warmer :D

jdm_eg6
02-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Soo my girlfriend turned the heat up to max again in my car, then i told her about this post, and this is her reply:

" I like feeling like i have a blanket on me when i dont :) "

whiich concures with :

Same thing, they come in my house, or I go to theirs - heat always cranked! Wanna know the scary part? Girls could sleep in 95C weather, 8 blankets, and 9 pillows and they think its normal!

inline6turbo
02-04-2007, 01:00 AM
lol the question has already been answered!

We're always cold, no matter how many layers we have on, because most of us are anemic.

We lack iron from menstruating every month. My feet are perpetually frozen. Men, you just have to learn to live with it. We have horrible blood circulation and unless we take Iron pills on a regular basis it's not going to change. I bought a space heater for my room just to keep me at a good temperature.

I'm sorry if your geneolgy was gracious enough to prevent you from having this issue, but ours wasnt, and now we're stuck dealing with it.

Next time you lose a liter of blood tell me how happy and warm you're feeling :thumbsup:

How about instead of bitching, show how womderful a man you truely are by concidering your female counterparts condition and turn it up for them on your own. We'd love ya for it.

GTS Jeff
02-04-2007, 01:26 AM
So right now I'm in Banff and the girls' room below us is ridiculously hot. 4 girls in a hotel room = tropical thermostat settings.

Charon
02-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

Next time you lose a liter of blood tell me how happy and warm you're feeling :thumbsup:

:eek: :eek: Holy shit, you better go get checked out 1L thats means something is WRONG.:eek: Thats 10x more then someone that is already considered to have excessive blood loss during menstruation.

inline6turbo
02-04-2007, 09:05 PM
lol it was an exageration

:rofl:

Charon
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
^^^ I hope so...... I could only imagine how much you would have spend on "products".

inline6turbo
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
depends :D

BerserkerCatSplat
02-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
depends :D

Yeah, I guess adult diapers would be one option. :rofl: