PDA

View Full Version : Safety Inspections

kvanderlaag
01-10-2007, 03:47 PM
So, it's finally come time to stop putting off getting my Celica safetied. I was going to do it the day after I bought it, but someone had the good courtesy to smash out my back window.

So, after replacing that, I found I was driving it and had no time to get one done. In any case, it's time.

My problems, then, are these:

1) The rear-window defogger isn't connected. I have a brilliant plan to fix this, and I will before I have it done.

2) My speedometer only runs half the time. I'm thinking it's a problem where it connects to the transmission, since the speedo head seems to be fine when it works.

Does anyone know safeties well enough to tell me whether either of these are going to give me problems with having a shop deem it 'road worthy'? I mean, obviously I'll be taking off my strut bar and stuff before I take it in, so it should all be stock. The rest of the car works like a clock.

Thoughts? Thanks!

crapstixs
01-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I do safetys all the time at work. you wont have any problem with the defrost. part of the inspection is a test drive, if the speedo didnt cut out on me I wouldnt fail it. but if it did I would have to. if your going to try to fix the defrost do it properly, if there is wires and junk hanging out every were you might fail. safteys are really east to pass, I pass way more then I fail. good luck.

hjr
01-16-2007, 03:08 PM
they are not that hard, just have the car decent. for the sake of not wasting money fixing the speedo might be a good idea before the safety.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Yea, fix the speedo, and you should be good to go.