PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Set of Turntables?

andres_mt
01-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey guys,

I'm just curious as to what would be a good set of turntables for a beginning DJ. Something not to expensive or complicated either. THanks.

EK 2.0
01-10-2007, 07:12 PM
I use (and by use I mean I got them from a great friend of mine used them for about a week solid...and now they collect dust in my room) a pair of Stantons...they ROCK!!

With the Serato and Stantons...I am like Grandmaster Flash haha...

But great guys to ask on here are DJ Lazy and DannyO

dj_rice
01-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

With the Serato and Stantons...I am like Grandmaster Flash haha...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DJ Lazy
01-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by andres_mt
Hey guys,

Something not to expensive or complicated either. THanks.

Are you sure you want to get into DJing... cuz it is niether cheap nor easy to learn...

regardless...

2 different options you can choose.. You can spin vinyl or CD..

Turntable Setup:

You can generally find 2 USED Technics SL1200 MKII TT's for around $500. Then you will need a mixer. Numark makes some good beginner mixers. DXM-06 or 09 would be a good stepping stone.

CD Setup:

I'd recommend 2 Pioneer CDJ-200's. They are fairly cheap ($500 each New). I'm sure you could find them used for less. And the mixer could be the same as posted above...

If you are serious head down to Axe Music .. Click Here (www.axemusic.com) and talk to Either Jon or Trevor in the DJ department and they will sort you out properly. Great guys and I have bought all my gear from them.

2000_SI
01-10-2007, 10:59 PM
:werd: to what ^^^ said.

I have an MKII and an M3D (Not much of a difference, the M3D has a pitch reset), and I love them. For turntables, Technics have been the industry standard for years, and for a good reason, they are built like tanks.

I also have a Numark DXM-06, and its a great beginner mixer. I still use it, moslty cause im to poor to buy a newer one with more channels :rofl: , but it is easy to get used to, and it doesnt have all the flashy buttons that overwhelm you like some of the more expensive mixers.