PDA

View Full Version : Scam warning - Sell your car in 90 days.

Cody D
01-12-2007, 12:59 AM
First off I know this is a repost, but when I was doing a search for previous threads I could bump I couldn't find one that wasn't locked and I thought that people in the community should be aware of this scam. Please don't lock, just let it die if no one is interested. I'm also going to post this on 780 and the main SK car forum.

I received a phone call the other night from a fairly rude guy asking if I was still selling my vehicle I told him I was and he starts in on a sales pitch like this:

"We are a lease return company that finances people to buy vehicles, for the low price of $199.00 we gaurantee to sell your vehicle within 90 days or your money back."

From the start it sounded like a scam to me, so I say that I'm not interest, then his tone gets even more rude:

Him: "Don't you want to sell your vehicle?" (Very aggresive and rude)
Me: "Well, I guess not." (Very condescending)
Him: "Well people can't afford a vehicle like yours without putting their house up as collateral, we will finance people at a low interest rate and we gaurantee your money" (Still rude)
Me: "Not interested."
Him: Hangs up.

Well I decided to search to see if someone has had a similar experience and I've found out that a fair bit of people have actually been scammed by this service, they have several different websites such as MYCARSOLD.CA, MYAUTOSOLD.CA and some others I can't remember. Apparently they don't update their site and they don't give the refund when your vehicle does not sell through them.

I thought I should post this since it seems like a fair bit of people have been scammed by this company. The number I was contacted from is 1-403-366-1761.

Shaad
01-12-2007, 01:07 AM
good heads up. I havent seen this related post before

EG_Civic
01-12-2007, 08:29 AM
^^ nope not me either.. good post.

Kona9
01-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I have had a similar experience when my 05 Nissan Frontier LE was up for sale last year.

I recieved a couple calls from a couple people doing the exact same thing. It seemed shady to me as well.

Through obvious telemarketing style, there was a bit of pressure poured on. They obviously read the auto trader where the ad was placed, and called.

After no action from the trader in a month, I put an ad up in an internal classified section at an oil and gas company here in Calgary. I understand it was pure luck but I got a phone call 15 minutes after it was up and it sold the next day to some Fort Mac girl. (off topic I apologize:( )

So yeah, it happens often. The people that called me were not rude, but things just didn't seem right. When I asked if I could back out any time and cancel my VISA, they weren't to quick with a good enough response.

Another situation where "If it's too good to be true.....it probably is."

SinisterProbeGt
01-12-2007, 09:26 AM
The number I was contacted from is 1-403-366-1761.

the guy's name is mike at this number from his answering machine.
I added that number to the national fax database. he should be getting lots of calls.

Cody D
01-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
The number I was contacted from is 1-403-366-1761.

the guy's name is mike at this number from his answering machine.
I added that number to the national fax database. he should be getting lots of calls.

Wow same number, I hope he gets what he deserves someday, my Fathers phone number is the alternate contact in the Autotrader ad, I don't know if he would have just agreed to it.