PDA

View Full Version : Soo much RICE

CrAzY_PLaYa
05-19-2003, 04:09 PM
today i went cruising around..and heres some of what i saw..

a 2001 Civic LX-R and an older Cavalier Cl?
Ive seen soo much more fake badged cars thats all i can remember

wth :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

ecstasy_civic
05-19-2003, 04:15 PM
those are badged at the dealership, people dont choose to do it.

BigShow
05-19-2003, 04:36 PM
You sound like a looser with nothing better to pay attention to!

CrAzY_PLaYa
05-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by BigShow
You sound like a looser with nothing better to pay attention to!

ahaha NO ill be driving then these guys pull up in front of me..and i notiice..i might be a loser but ur looser!

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
those are badged at the dealership, people dont choose to do it.

That might be the case with the 2001 Civic, but the late 80's Cavalier? :confused:

XylathaneGTR
05-19-2003, 05:35 PM
I see those LXr's, DX'rs etc every day...T&T does them. Just because someone painted an R on they're car doesn't mean its a Rice Rocket. As for the Cav Cl, could have been a model package, as you dont sound so sure.
A badge on a car isint rice...Lime Green paint with 8000 worth of exterior bodymods thats slammed while rolling on 19inch Chromies with an engine bay so fucking shiney it will make people 500 miles away squint is rice...
Couldn't you post about something more worthwile? I saw that Sl55 AMG on Brabus's the other day...Something like that is more worthwhile than a civic with a painted on R.

izzoblitzo
05-19-2003, 06:17 PM
yeah, I've seen those civic lx-r's or whatever too.. at first, I thought the 'R' looked really outta place.. and laughed at the notion.. but then I saw a few more.. so it couldnt have been chance.

as for the cavalier CL, I've seen a Ci, as in GSL chevy... but the sticker was partially off. They do alotta model packages.. like in Canada, they have a z22 (as in 2.2), but in the US, they dont, so people in the US see these pics of canadian cavs with z22 on the side, and their like, whats that?!

benyl
05-19-2003, 10:11 PM
At the end of every model cycle, most manufacturers put out a special package that gives you most of the upper model options for the lower model price. It is their way of getting rid of stock.

Honda's call them "special edition" and dodge usually does an SXT package. I can't think of any others, but I am sure they all have them.

LX-R on the other hand is T&T doing something similar, only it is all after market. Too bad they chose the letter R...

izzoblitzo
05-19-2003, 10:53 PM
heh!

true that! not so much they chose the letter 'r' though... its the way they did it... a big red R that looks kinda like the typ. R font, or kinda like the corolla S... it looks outaplace.

calarina
05-20-2003, 01:18 PM
At Calgary Honda we have our own badged Civics. You might see a few of them driving around, but it's just a vinyl decal that says: "FSE" Maybe Fast Special Edition? I don't really know, but I think fake badging is just stupid when people know that it's not possible.

Like if I were to put a Type R or a Type S sticker/decal on my car. Haha, I'm sure most people would know the difference. :tongue:

Or maybe...I should just start making my car into rice...to make fun of all the little ricers. Hahaha, should make my car into a rice project car! :rofl:

2k3Elantra_GT
05-21-2003, 10:43 AM
I thought the Lx-R was a sport package at the dealership.

i really dont know what Rice is anymore

Rice to me is Canadian Tyre add on's like the Type-R Cup holders etc.. the Type-R seat covers... altho seat covers are good since it doesnt ruin the origional seat from heavy use.

seems to me everyone has their own opinion of Rice...

Heck people thought my car was rice b/c i had a profectionaly installed 4 point harness. i dont like the idea of falling out of my seat when i roll over. + it's way nicer when you corner you dont slide on the seat and since i dont have 800$ seats with 6" side bolsters the 4 point harness works great :) PS i was pulled over by the cops a while back and they told me that you have to use the OEM seat Restraint with Stock seats so he told me to use both.. sheesh a bit over kill but what are ya gona do:( one of these days i'll have the money to put in an aftermarket seat. Sparco Piesta mmmmm love that Touring seat it's wickid just can't shoulder check very easily.

BigShow
05-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 2k3Elantra_GT
i dont like the idea of falling out of my seat when i roll over.

I was still hanging in my stock seat with stock seat belt when I rolled over... harnesses w/stock seats must look kinda funny...but maybe thats just me

Aleks
05-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa

..i might be a loser but ur looser!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BigShow
05-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by altima

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i know i got owned on the spelling..:rolleyes:

atomic
05-22-2003, 12:46 PM
how about all the civic type-r's and gtr's .. even a GTO sunfire ..

and lots of civics with air fuel meters .. :P .. i guess they don't trust the stock honda ecu to provide the appropiate fuel mixture ..

Barlow
05-24-2003, 12:03 PM
putting 8000 into body and all that stuff>>>>>

you think thats rice???? I call that pimped, man rice is cheap shit, but if you droopinng that ash into a car it is pimped...

it ried to quote didn't work haven';t quite figured that out yet

Hash_man
05-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Ya i think rice, is shit like a crappy bolt on body kit, just the front bumper, and a big aluminum wing, with some nice grey primer...and all that other shit like type R badging. Some people like show and not go, so they put 8000 into the body, that is just personaly preference.

XylathaneGTR
05-25-2003, 12:16 AM
Rice is too thrown around these days...Everyone has a different view on Rice...To some, its minor things such as a Dealership badge, Others, Altezza's and Bolton bodykits, And to some...Bright green paint with a molded full bodykit and fiberglass interior...
To each his own...As long as the owners happy with their car, thats all that matters.