PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Auburn Bay?

ffmf
01-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Just wondering if anybody lives there or knows anyone who lives there.

Looking for some comments good or bad about this area.

And yes, I know that it's 2 min away from the US border....:(

max_boost
01-12-2007, 09:30 PM
WTF?! 2 mins away from the US border?

You are talking about Auburn Bay the community South of 22X off of Deerfoot Trail, correct?

From what I hear from my realtor friends and the commercials on the radio, it's going to be a fantastic area.

Cottage country lifestyle, it's beautiful from the pics. :thumbsup:

max_boost
01-12-2007, 09:34 PM
http://www.auburnbay-community.com/frame_main.html :drool:

2EFNFAST
01-13-2007, 12:48 AM
it's okay, but pretty much like any other area that's going up - over-priced, cookie-cutter stuff with houses this far: | | apart from eachother. Not my cup of tea.

One of my friends is there - so over the summer I drove through the community and new construction areas almost every saturday and sunday.

The last I heard about Auburn Bay is that they were having loterries for buying units in there. Don't know if that's still going on with the slow-down in housing though.

Whitetiger
01-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Maybe he meant 2 hours

Mangina
01-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Whitetiger
Maybe he meant 2 hours

Maybe he was joking about it being very far south?? What's wrong with you people?

S4maniac
01-13-2007, 11:17 AM
a good buddy of mine just took possession in Auburn. I really liked the neighborhood ... lots of paths and the lake looks awesome. It seems to me like its almost a carbon copy community of Chapparral. Loops around the lake and lots of cul de sacs. I can't give you a comment on pricing. As far as distance, I found it faster from Auburn to the downtown area than Chapparral. Hop on Deerfoot and off you go.

2EFNFAST
01-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by S4maniac
a good buddy of mine just took possession in Auburn. I really liked the neighborhood ... lots of paths and the lake looks awesome. It seems to me like its almost a carbon copy community of Chapparral. Loops around the lake and lots of cul de sacs. I can't give you a comment on pricing. As far as distance, I found it faster from Auburn to the downtown area than Chapparral. Hop on Deerfoot and off you go.

Some properties in Chapparall are going for $1.7-$2M....wouldn't exactly call it a carbon copy ;)

ffmf
01-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Mangina

Maybe he was joking about it being very far south?? What's wrong with you people?

Yeah sorry for the miscommunication. I was just joking. Seems that everytime I mention Auburn bay people make some sarcastic remark about it being so far south.

ffmf
01-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Also: anyone know anything about New Brighton?

Thanks!

old&slow
01-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by ffmf
Also: anyone know anything about New Brighton?

Thanks!

Sister in law lives there with her husband and 2 kids...they seem happy. I live across the deerfoot in Mckenzie lake.
It's all kinda quite down here and close to lots of new stuff going up at 130 ave.

My only complaint would be the lack of trees!

Masked Bandit
01-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Some properties in Chapparall are going for $1.7-$2M....wouldn't exactly call it a carbon copy ;)

Those are the properties right on the lake. Give it a year or two and the ones right on the lake in Auburn Bay will be in the same range.

Weapon_R
01-13-2007, 10:37 PM
I think that area is going to be great. Lots of investment and it looks like the developer has some good ideas for the area. If you dont mind living so far south, there are still some decent deals to be found there.

kvanderlaag
01-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Have a friend who lives out there. Nice house, nice property, nice area (or at least it will be when it's finished.)

It's not unbearably far out, but like hell I'd be doing any driving during rush hour.

Klobi-1-Kinobi
01-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Dont forget that auburn bay is right beside where the new hospital is going to be built. This will mean better $$$ resale down the road.

ffmf
01-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks for input everyone!