PDA

View Full Version : Get my ride back.. NOW THIS?!?!?!

scat19
01-12-2007, 09:18 PM
So I was lazy.

Go to minute lube in crowfoot, right across from subway... My condo rules states I cannot do mechanical work on my ride in the undergroudn, and BMW gallery is booking way to far, and so is sheni... anyway

They stripped my oil pan threads so the plug cannot go back in and 4 hours later my car is oil-less sitting outside my condo.... WTF!!?!!?!?!

Called my "mommy" and she got the best lawyer in town - can you smell law suite? (+ emotional distress, lost wages, agrevation, new oil pan, and 150 dollar charge for nothing at that location)

FUCK ME!! I JUST GOT IT BACK AHHHHHHH

Im so stressed, im going for a shower.. awww fuck

Mr. Burns
01-12-2007, 09:19 PM
ouch

1-Bar
01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
boo-urns indeed. Keep us updated with what happens

kaput
01-12-2007, 09:31 PM

RickDaTuner
01-12-2007, 09:38 PM
sheeesh... talk about lack of workmanship

djayz
01-12-2007, 09:43 PM
DIY oil changes FTW. Im glad I can do my own...too many bad experiences with oil changes at shops.

Sorry to hear...keep us updated though.

tapout
01-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Thats why i do my own.

Weapon_R
01-12-2007, 09:57 PM
What did they say when you called them about it?

kaput
01-12-2007, 10:16 PM

Kaos
01-12-2007, 10:39 PM
^^ I think Walmart lets you do it but at an evironmental cost.

By the way Scat, were you up in the N.E. today?
I think I seen a green E46 that looked like yours... looks pretty dope.

cmodem
01-12-2007, 10:40 PM
At a firestation is the proper place to dispose of fluids like oil and coolant etc.

scat19
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
^^ I think Walmart lets you do it but at an evironmental cost.

By the way Scat, were you up in the N.E. today?
I think I seen a green E46 that looked like yours... looks pretty dope.

No, from springbank airport to crowfoot and then this...

bmeier
01-13-2007, 01:34 AM
you can take oil to the city dumps as well. They have special oil disposal bins.

redblack
01-13-2007, 01:45 AM
i usually take mine to a firehall and drop it off

marko polo
01-13-2007, 02:21 AM
thats fucked Elliot i cant believe this shit, its just one thing after another fucking up youre car because of stupid people. call me up ill give u a ride in my new ride :thumbsup: bring a camera

Dayclone
01-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Not big of a deal but NEVER EVER!!! GO TO MINUTE LUBE EVER AGAIN FFS!!! haven't u read the posts on here? about Minute Lube, Mr. Lube and other sketchy places....

Also it's not big of a deal u can re-thread the oil pan, shouldn't cost too much unless u like to replace the whole thing but up to you. Goodluck! Plus it's like 15 year olds that work at those places that don't know how to do shit. Yes I can do oil changes myself but it's messy and I take it to my buddies at crappy tire to do it and I watch them do it. I don't give a shit if they don't like me watching but I do anyways, and I mean like right up close and underneath my car watching it.

Steve

GT4rally
01-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Dayclone
Not big of a deal but NEVER EVER!!! GO TO MINUTE LUBE EVER AGAIN FFS!!! haven't u read the posts on here? about Minute Lube, Mr. Lube and other sketchy places....

Also it's not big of a deal u can re-thread the oil pan, shouldn't cost too much unless u like to replace the whole thing but up to you. Goodluck! Plus it's like 15 year olds that work at those places that don't know how to do shit. Yes I can do oil changes myself but it's messy and I take it to my buddies at crappy tire to do it and I watch them do it. I don't give a shit if they don't like me watching but I do anyways, and I mean like right up close and underneath my car watching it.

Steve

Agreed!

The 18 year-old punks at those places don't have a clue what they are doing, and worse, couldn't care less!

Never go to a drive-through oil change shop, unless it's a last resort and you watch the entire process and double check their work after.

My brother went to one in Bowness that forgot to tighten the oil filter and there was a huge puddle of oil under his car a couple hours later.

scat19
01-13-2007, 01:02 PM
No shes oil less sitting outside in the cold :(

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/goblin87/New%20Front%20jan%2007/Snowy-NoOil.jpg

Dayclone
01-13-2007, 01:12 PM
OooOOoo Shitty buy some oil and put it in then drive it into a garage? Unless you don't have garages there for storage?

Steve

scat19
01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I have underground parking, but if you read, the oil pan does not hold anything....

AllGoNoShow
01-13-2007, 06:05 PM
haahah what luck elliot

need me to go source u another pan bud? call me in abit

scat19
01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
IVE HAD IT!!!

The spot I parked is reserved 24 hours so I now I have a parking ticket and I just had to push it into a different spot. The sign looks like a 24 hour private parking for the entire lot wtf. argh. For fucks sakes.

James i gonna try to get it tapped out and cleaned up first, if not, try to get some prices meng

adam c
01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
how did the car get back there?

did they tow it back?

scat19
01-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I had to get ama to tow it, minute lube pushed it just enough out of the bay to start rolling down the hill and they pretty much said fuck off.

DGill
01-13-2007, 10:57 PM
thats fuked up any updates for the law suit

andyg16
01-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by scat19
I had to get ama to tow it, minute lube pushed it just enough out of the bay to start rolling down the hill and they pretty much said fuck off.

DAMN thats bitch shit if that happend to me id flip man, fuckin bastards

herragge
01-14-2007, 01:58 AM
I can feel your frustration. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate events man. All you want to do after getting your car from the shop is drive it and this happens! That sucks.

Mike

tc3
01-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Those are the same guys who hit my passanger door againt their tool box 3x, got their oily finger prints on my glove box/dash changing the cabin filter and over greased my front end leaving a dog shit looking of grease inside my front rims!
Tried to talk to the owner, he's not jumping to say he's sorry or offer conmpensation. Like I expected anything:rolleyes:

Keep us updated!!

Dayclone
01-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm gonna bomb those kids at Minute Lube on Crowfoot.... fuckers! They don't do this to such a nice car!

canadian_hustla
01-15-2007, 03:22 PM
this isn't the first time minute lub in crowfoot has fucked up. Back when I had my 733i they also stripped the oil gasket plug and then told me to screw off.

I told them to fix it, they refused.

bunch of yahoos working there, stay away

TeamBestBud
01-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow dude sorry to hear

Originally posted by kaput
I always check it as soon as I get home now. One time the guys at crowfoot honda left the bolt loose enough that it could have fallen out while driving. Fortunately I didn't have far to go and the big oil puddle in the garage was a sure sign, but that could have ended very differently if I went anywhere else after.

same thing happened to me but from T&T.. luckily they figured it out before anything happened and called to tell me that they had left it loose for some odd reason.
:dunno:

max_boost
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
That's crazy. I hope you get compensated for your troubles.

I've been Ok with my dealings at Mr. Lube, haven't had any problems and have been going for over 3 years now.

scat19
01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Well Marc at Alpine Autoworks is a great guy.

As soon as I got my car unloaded from the flat deck, he shifted some cars around, got mine on the lift, and fixed it quickly by cleaning out the threads and tested it and it held the torque well.

He said it was definately a CROSS THREADED PLUG that caused the issue.

I have some pics later.

pyar_deewane
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
so ur not gonna sue:dunno:

hussein
01-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by pyar_deewane
so ur not gonna sue:dunno:

It's probably not worth it.

But glad to hear you got it fixed!! :thumbsup:

scat19
01-15-2007, 09:48 PM
We'll see, im still in contact with the lawyer....

Hollywood
01-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Same thign happened to others on beyond. I think a few tranni's were blown too from tranni flush/refills.

Each case the lubs shop told them to beat it.

I hope u sue and I hope u win bigtime, just for redeption of the others who dont have the resources to do it.

scat19
01-24-2007, 07:53 PM
My parents could help me out, but they cant get into another legal battle :( They are already in 2 battles right now... damn it!

Im going to small claims to get my money back, lost wages, fixing bill etc.

A demand letter is 400 dollars, and doesnt allways work my lawyer said.

I really wish I won the lottery so I could go ahead and sue them properly, but oh well.

fcuk_it
01-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Same thign happened to others on beyond. I think a few tranni's were blown too from tranni flush/refills.

Each case the lubs shop told them to beat it.

I hope u sue and I hope u win bigtime, just for redeption of the others who dont have the resources to do it.

ya fuck those lube places, they flushed my rad before i took my car on a road trip and then rad blew on me during the drive and when i confronted them about it they told me to beat it so i kicked over a few trays of equipment and picked a fight w/ the manager till my dad pulled me out of their shop... FUCK MR LUBE:guns:

Loose
01-24-2007, 08:46 PM
You should be able to put forward a small claims court action with minimal cost and without the assistance of a lawyer. You could also contact student legal services at the UofC and get some tips from them.

M_K_3
02-10-2007, 10:37 AM
sorry to hear but i cant believe ur that calm with it id go on a killing spree.. but atleast its good now

Sparx
02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Good im glad i read this thread cuz there has been odd times where ive been lazy and considered taking myc ar to mr.lube